Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Leonard Fournette Offseason Updates

Since a healthy and motivated Leonard Fournette seems to be something the team is mandating from the player, I figured we could have a thread tracking his status over the months between now and training camp. 

Coughlin on the matter today:

https://twitter.com/ashlynrsullivan/stat...7660230657

And here's LF working out in WY last week:

https://twitter.com/_fournette/status/11...6793237506

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://twitter.com/brentasjax/status/11...79872?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Not that it matters but what the heck is he doing in Wyoming haha

(03-14-2019, 02:03 PM)JNev Wrote: Not that it matters but what the heck is he doing in Wyoming haha

https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/2019...in-wyoming

His former LSU strength and conditioning coach is in WY now.

Coughlin quote on Fournette:

“He’s a young, young player who loves football,” Coughlin said. “He had an outstanding year [as a rookie]; he had a very disappointing year [last season]. We want him to be a great player and I think he’s in the same mindset.”

Wow......400 is EZ for him?
Maybe when he's carrying the rock.....we'll see him motion to opponents to "bring it" again!
That was epic!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Fournette needs blockers to be successful. Hopefully the OL can stay healthy and they can find a RT.

(03-14-2019, 08:50 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Fournette needs blockers to be successful.  Hopefully the OL can stay healthy and they can find a RT.

And an upgrade at RG.

(03-14-2019, 08:50 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Fournette needs blockers to be successful.  Hopefully the OL can stay healthy and they can find a RT.

They all do.  Every running back in the league.

It bothers me that he's squatting 400 without a monolift. Walking the weight back like that is a good way to get injured.

(03-14-2019, 09:22 PM)nate Wrote:

They all do.  Every running back in the league.

They all need a good offensive line, but Fournette specifically needs a good line that creates a gaping hole in which he doesnt need to make any cuts or look for any openings.  Once he gets past the line of scrimmage with a full head of steam you can argue he's the most dangerous back in the league.  So big and fast.  But man, he needs a gaping hole or else he is lost.

Those were not legit full squats. And I know the plates look like 45's, but why does it say "25" on the side?

And, to be real, workouts you do in March will have nothing with how ready you are in Sept. Sure, it's worse to gain 100 lbs in the offseason, but I laugh when players/media talk about workouts that are 6 months away from the season. It doesn't really translate. But it DOES show commitment, to a degree, which is important.

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2019, 10:33 PM by B2hibry.)

(03-20-2019, 03:35 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: Those were not legit full squats. And I know the plates look like 45's, but why does it say "25" on the side?

And, to be real, workouts you do in March will have nothing with how ready you are in Sept. Sure, it's worse to gain 100 lbs in the offseason, but I laugh when players/media talk about workouts that are 6 months away from the season. It doesn't really translate. But it DOES show commitment, to a degree, which is important.

How many reps had he done previously? Was this a pyramid exercise? You don't know!

And if you believe muscle workouts do nothing for a player starting in March then...damn! Squats are the perfect mult-joint and muscle full body exercise that helps build strength, speed, and to help avoid injury. It is also a really good core exercise. The best benefit is the fact that it works large muscle groups that have the benefit of releasing human growth hormone and testosterone. A lot of benefits outside of basic commitment.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2019, 03:55 PM by nhiverson.)

Building muscle takes work!! Most people can only add a few pounds of muscle on every month.

Now since he is a pro athlete with training staff he should be able to add more then the average joe but still it definitely will show in the season.
No Fun

(03-14-2019, 09:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

And an upgrade at RG.

This. People forget how important interior line is, particularly guards. On both power plays, and pulling on stretch and misdirection plays. Gotta have a good strong side guard.

(03-20-2019, 03:35 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: Those were not legit full squats. And I know the plates look like 45's, but why does it say "25" on the side?

The plates on the video were three 45s and one 25 per side, which plus the bar (I am assuming a 45 lb. bar) would be 365 lbs. So, not quite 400.

I thought bars were normally 90 pounds?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-20-2019, 04:55 PM)Dimson Wrote: I thought bars were normally 90 pounds?

The standard Olympic bar is 45 lbs., and it looks like that is what he is using, but I could be wrong.

Hope he finally takes this season seriously. I truly believe that he is the best back in the entire league if he's 100% and hitting holes with a purpose.