Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So, the game has passed Coughlin by?

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 09:35 PM by JagFanatic24.)

I don’t like the way he handled the Bortles situation but it was already discussed in the Looking Back thread.

NYC explained his position and views in the other post when I asked “Why do you feel this way.”

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-21-2019, 09:35 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I don’t like the way he handled the Bortles situation but it was already discussed in the Looking Back thread.

NYC explained his position and views in the other post when I asked “Why do you feel this way.”

But how did it "manifest"??? Huh 

Lol

Wow, it actually made it to 3 pages

(03-22-2019, 07:08 AM)RealJagsFan Wrote: Wow, it actually made it to 3 pages

Over/Under in Vegas is 5.5
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(03-21-2019, 11:03 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 09:35 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I don’t like the way he handled the Bortles situation but it was already discussed in the Looking Back thread.

But how did it "manifest"??? Huh 

Lol

display or show (a quality or feeling) by one's acts or appearance; demonstrate.
"Ray manifested signs of severe depression"
synonyms:
displayshowexhibitdemonstratebetraypresentevincerevealindicate, make plain, expressdeclare
"she manifested signs of depression"

[font=Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Definition of troll[/font]

[font=Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2a[font=Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]to antagonize (others) online by deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content
[/font]
[/font]

I just find it interesting that even after TC had the most early success of any coach running a new franchise is run off, wins TWO rings for NY, comes back and takes the team from a perennial 4 win team to one win away from a Super Bowl, has one down year, and so many are so quick to run him off again. For what? One down season after a somewhat amazing one?

Now, I will admit this: I'm not sold on Marrone. And if he stays, and the head coach is part of the problem, and that's all on TC, then we have something to consider. I've never been a fan of coaches who have a downer vibe to them. Being grumpy and crabby is OK (see Tuna, Jimmy Johnson, Hoodie) but just seeming like a log that has no fire doesn't cut it.

(03-22-2019, 01:59 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: I just find it interesting that even after TC had the most early success of any coach running a new franchise is run off, wins TWO rings for NY, comes back and takes the team from a perennial 4 win team to one win away from a Super Bowl, has one down year, and so many are so quick to run him off again. For what? One down season after a somewhat amazing one?

1. No one is "running TC off again."  Stop fictionalizing other's posts. I merely questioned whether he is willing and able to keep up with the direction the modern NFL is rapidly headed toward. This year's offense will be telling in that regard. 
  2. What TC did or didn't do to help this Jags team make a playoff run in 2017 is just a giant question mark. He wasn't the coach. He didn't assemble the talent, or have hardly anything to do with the defense that was the real catalyst of that year's success. 
  3. I made my reasons for questioning whether he's the right guy to head the front office abundantly clear. You either just can't read and comprehend, or you're being willfully ignorant.  Perhaps you are truly unable to distinguish his methodology in the early years from that when he later began assuming too much control over the franchise and struggled - despite it being explained to you thoroughly. 
  4. Where are all these posters "running him off?"  I'd love to see a couple of quotes from posters that want him gone. 

Oh my goodness.

(03-22-2019, 01:59 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: I just find it interesting that even after TC had the most early success of any coach running a new franchise is run off, wins TWO rings for NY, comes back and takes the team from a perennial 4 win team to one win away from a Super Bowl, has one down year, and so many are so quick to run him off again. For what? One down season after a somewhat amazing one?

Now, I will admit this: I'm not sold on Marrone. And if he stays, and the head coach is part of the problem, and that's all on TC, then we have something to consider.  I've never been a fan of coaches who have a downer vibe to them. Being grumpy and crabby is OK (see Tuna, Jimmy Johnson, Hoodie) but just seeming like a log that has no fire doesn't cut it.

So many?  You must be reading something different than I am.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-22-2019, 02:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

1. No one is "running TC off again."  Stop fictionalizing other's posts. I merely questioned whether he is willing and able to keep up with the direction the modern NFL is rapidly headed toward. This year's offense will be telling in that regard. 
  2. What TC did or didn't do to help this Jags team make a playoff run in 2017 is just a giant question mark. He wasn't the coach. He didn't assemble the talent, or have hardly anything to do with the defense that was the real catalyst of that year's success. 
  3. I made my reasons for questioning whether he's the right guy to head the front office abundantly clear. You either just can't read and comprehend, or you're being willfully ignorant.  Perhaps you are truly unable to distinguish his methodology in the early years from that when he later began assuming too much control over the franchise and struggled - despite it being explained to you thoroughly. 
  4. Where are all these posters "running him off?"  I'd love to see a couple of quotes from posters that want him gone. 

So, can we start the list with you?

(03-23-2019, 02:30 AM)Steelers Beaches Wrote:
(03-22-2019, 02:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [*]I made my reasons for questioning whether he's the right guy to head the front office abundantly clear. You either just can't read and comprehend, or you're being willfully ignorant.  Perhaps you are truly unable to distinguish his methodology in the early years from that when he later began assuming too much control over the franchise and struggled - despite it being explained to you thoroughly. 
[*]Where are all these posters "running him off?"  I'd love to see a couple of quotes from posters that want him gone. 
[*]

[*]

Give us this list. 

Oh, you don't have one because this is just another weak [BLEEP] failed trolling thread. 

Yeah, that's what I thought. 

And no, me questioning whether he's the right guy for EVP or not is not "running him off" you dimwit.  So you don't even have one poster for your imaginary list yet. That was the point.
Not shocked you missed it for the third [BLEEP] time.  I'm officially done wasting keystrokes on your trolling failures.

Being critical of a FO move or moves is not running an individual out of town. In any case, I think a list is better served for all of SBs failed posts at this point.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(03-23-2019, 07:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 02:30 AM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: [*]

[*]

Give us this list. 

Oh, you don't have one because this is just another weak [BLEEP] failed trolling thread. 

And no, me questioning whether he's the right guy for EVP or not is not "running him off" you dimwit.  So you don't even have one poster for your imaginary list yet. That was the point.
Not shocked you missed it for the third [BLEEP] time.  I'm officially done wasting keystrokes on your trolling failures.
[*]
You're resorting to hate and ad hominem attacks. I never called anyone names, yet your anger issues seem to be causing you to do so. Take a deep breath. 

And when I say "people" are ready to boot TC, it is in no way limited to this board. I also have the countless people I chat with at the gym, beach, grocery store, parties and watering holes AND listen to local sports radio. Why would you think my scope was limited to just this board? That seems way too limited. Don't forget I live here. I listen to local radio. I know what fans say, seemingly in more detail than you do. When you're up in NY, you are out-of-touch with the local scene. I don't know how long ago you returned back here, but I've been here uninterrupted for 18 years. 

Your ad hominem attacks only make you look disadvantaged. Not others. If you can't act like a gentleman with me, please do not engage me. I want football discussion, not name calling.

(03-23-2019, 05:57 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 07:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [*]

Give us this list. 

[*]
You're resorting to hate and ad hominem attacks. I never called anyone names, yet your anger issues seem to be causing you to do so. Take a deep breath. 

And when I say "people" are ready to boot TC, it is in no way limited to this board. I also have the countless people I chat with at the gym, beach, grocery store, parties and watering holes AND listen to local sports radio. Why would you think my scope was limited to just this board? That seems way too limited. Don't forget I live here. I listen to local radio. I know what fans say, seemingly in more detail than you do. When you're up in NY, you are out-of-touch with the local scene. I don't know how long ago you returned back here, but I've been here uninterrupted for 18 years. 

Your ad hominem attacks only make you look disadvantaged. Not others. If you can't act like a gentleman with me, please do not engage me. I want football discussion, not name calling.
[*]

Hate? 

LOL - mild impatience with some ill informed troll 

I’m just calling it like I see it, pal. Football discussion is pretty tough to achieve with you because you never seeem to know what you’re talking about.

This thread has gone off the deep end.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.