Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What is Keelan Cole's role in 2019?

Going into 2018, We were all excited about what Keelan Cole could bring to this team. What he lacks in size, he makes up for in speed, and spectacular catch ability. With that being said, i ask you this: What is Cole's role in 2019? with the signing of Conley, and the emergence of fan-favorite Dede Westbrook, does Cole get left in the dust as our no.4-5 guy? 

A lot of fans seem to think he has regressed. This was due to a lot of drops last year. However, I believe that his lack of production and execution was due to poor Qb play/timing, which was mostly due to injuries up front. I think our WR core is looking pretty good this year, and I am confident that as long as the big guys can protect, that we will no longer be a team that's afraid to pass.

What are you guys' thoughts? does Cole get buried on the depth chart? Does he make some more big plays this year?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

All pro WR

He'll have to earn a spot.

I think he might bounce back, but after a season like 2018, he'll have to prove it.

If Lee is 100% or anywhere near it in September, then Westbrook/Lee/Conley/Chark are all ahead of him on the depth chart.

Agree with NYC4jags, Cole will is 5th now if force ranking the existing WRs. If they use a 1st-4th round pick draft pick on another wideout, Cole will be on the bubble, as he doesn't seem to have much special teams value.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2019, 02:41 PM by JackCity.)

I wouldn't be shocked of Keelan rebounded and ended up 2nd in targets among the WRs for me

Who?

I just rewatched the Pats Week 2 game. Amazing performance. Making the rest of the year an amazing fall from grace.

I guess that makes it up to him as to which guy he decides to be.

It wasn’t even the drops that were bad, it was dropping the ball after he caught it and gave it to the other team. You hate to blame one play as the reason for a loss but his fumble against the Eagles was the back breaker for us and it was all downhill for Cole then. I think he’s on the bubble in camp. He’s back to earning his spot.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Was it just drops? I thought there were route running issues last year as well?

I have no idea, but it'll be interesting to see how things shake out in the preseason.

I'm going with buried. Fumbles=buried.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

He needs to improve. I'm hoping last year was a learning year from him; that you have to continually improve your game. He got a lot of attention in 2017 and teams started prepping for him and it showed in 2018. Gotta get better!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

His goal at present is to make the team, where he falls in the pecking order 1-5 should be far from his priority at present. He has ability (week 2 vs. Patriots; the back half of the 2017 season etc.) but can he be consistent, reliable, steady etc. what that means is can he cut down on the drops, can he run crisp routes, can he cut down on the drops (can't stress this enough), can he run block from outwide

Right now, assuming no WR gets added in bargain bin free agency or the draft, our WR pecking order seems to be:

1- Westbrook
2- Lee
3- Conley
4- Chark
5- Cole

this is obviously subject to Lee's health returning from the ACL tear. As he works back in camp and preseason i expect to see: Conley at the X, Dede at the Z, and then Dede kick inside to the slot when Chark comes on the field for 3 receiver sets.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

...to catch a football from Nick Foles.

His role is "guy". He's got to do a lot of work to redeem himself at this point. Last year he brought us a lot of hope. This year, he has to either figure out a way to get back to being aneffective pass catcher, or he won't be on the roster on opening day.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(03-18-2019, 02:21 PM)JackCity Wrote: I wouldn't be shocked of Keelan rebounded and ended up 2nd in targets among the WRs for me

Even without a rebound he could wind up 2nd in targets on this team...

If Lee can stay healthy (big if), and Westbrook continues improving, Cole definitely has the opportunity to be the third best receiver on the team.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Since I think we are the dark horse to get DK, I think Cole gets released.

Lee has always been a guy to me. He will make the roster, and he does good on those crossers. Westbrook is a lot like Lee. Chark is a guy I want to step up, but he was a disappointment. He’s got the size and speed.

At this point? Just make the team... I doubt hes reached cut material, but the guy fell off a cliff in production last season, which is a red flag imo. He needs a strong camp, and hopefully hes working hard this off season to try to get back on track for this coming season.

BUMP