Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What is Keelan Cole's role in 2019?

(03-18-2019, 02:39 PM)nate Wrote: I just rewatched the Pats Week 2 game.  Amazing performance.  Making the rest of the year an amazing fall from grace.

I guess that makes it up to him as to which guy he decides to be.

Same could be said about Bortles.  

Kind of like the Jags gave us a nice steak & lobster dinner prior to sending us to the electric chair.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't believe he'll have a role as I don't believe Cole will make the final 53.
'02

Cole is basically the #5 receiver on the depth chart right now and will probably enter the season that way.

(05-08-2019, 06:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Cole is basically the #5 receiver on the depth chart right now and will probably enter the season that way.

Cole was hurt last year.  Wait till hes healthy this year, gonna have a bounce back year

(05-08-2019, 06:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 06:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Cole is basically the #5 receiver on the depth chart right now and will probably enter the season that way.

Cole was hurt last year.  Wait till hes healthy this year, gonna have a bounce back year

I hope that's the case.  His poor play was so sudden and strange, it wouldn't shock me to see him correct it. Can't wait to see what his hands look like in preseason.

There is nothing special about the guy.

Makes a good catch every 6 or 7 games, but for the most part can’t catch a cold.

I was pretty much done with him when I saw him leap into the air to catch a ball and gauged the jump so incorrectly he landed on his neck.

If he does make the roster he won’t have many yards this year. 250 tops.

He'll need a superlative training camp or an injury opportunity just to be active on game day. Tough road ahead. 

I'm rooting for him.

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2019, 08:46 PM by Rockman1966.)

A lot of "what ifs" with Lee. I want him to be the player he was before the injury. Just cant see him playing at that level or with full confidence in that knee this year. Hope I'm wrong. So much of the recovery from a devastating injury is the mental aspect, "can i trust my knee?' That takes time. Sometimes year 2 after injury.

If he forces his way into the top four ahead of Lee, Conley, Chark or Westbrook, he's on the team. If he doesn't, he's vulnerable to a guy like Michael Walker who can double as a returner.

(03-18-2019, 02:39 PM)nate Wrote: I just rewatched the Pats Week 2 game.  Amazing performance.  Making the rest of the year an amazing fall from grace.

I guess that makes it up to him as to which guy he decides to be.

This describes the entire team last year.

(05-08-2019, 09:28 PM)TJBender Wrote: If he forces his way into the top four ahead of Lee, Conley, Chark or Westbrook, he's on the team. If he doesn't, he's vulnerable to a guy like Michael Walker who can double as a returner.

I tend to agree, but I don't think it's that simple. For starters, I sense he's not about to surpass Westbrook, Conley or Chark. As for Lee, I don't think it matters. I feel like Lee is good for blocking and a few slants out of the slot but little else, only he's going to stick to the roster because the Jaguars are paying him $9 mil this season that they can't get around even by cutting him. In other words, Lee is glued to the roster even if he stinks it up in camp just like AJ Cann is basically assured the starting RG spot simply because of his contract. Of course, Marrone will flat out deny this, but then watch who actually ends up sticking to the roster and starting at RG. The proof is in the pudding... not in words spoken in front of a camera.
'02

(05-09-2019, 03:19 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 09:28 PM)TJBender Wrote: If he forces his way into the top four ahead of Lee, Conley, Chark or Westbrook, he's on the team. If he doesn't, he's vulnerable to a guy like Michael Walker who can double as a returner.

I tend to agree, but I don't think it's that simple. For starters, I sense he's not about to surpass Westbrook, Conley or Chark. As for Lee, I don't think it matters. I feel like Lee is good for blocking and a few slants out of the slot but little else, only he's going to stick to the roster because the Jaguars are paying him $9 mil this season that they can't get around even by cutting him. In other words, Lee is glued to the roster even if he stinks it up in camp just like AJ Cann is basically assured the starting RG spot simply because of his contract. Of course, Marrone will flat out deny this, but then watch who actually ends up sticking to the roster and starting at RG. The proof is in the pudding... not in words spoken in front of a camera.

Conley is just a guy.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-09-2019, 07:49 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 03:19 AM)Jags02 Wrote: I tend to agree, but I don't think it's that simple. For starters, I sense he's not about to surpass Westbrook, Conley or Chark. As for Lee, I don't think it matters. I feel like Lee is good for blocking and a few slants out of the slot but little else, only he's going to stick to the roster because the Jaguars are paying him $9 mil this season that they can't get around even by cutting him. In other words, Lee is glued to the roster even if he stinks it up in camp just like AJ Cann is basically assured the starting RG spot simply because of his contract. Of course, Marrone will flat out deny this, but then watch who actually ends up sticking to the roster and starting at RG. The proof is in the pudding... not in words spoken in front of a camera.

Conley is just a guy.

Watch his Star Wars homage, Retribution on YouTube.  George Lucas called him after seeing it offering a job.

(05-09-2019, 09:01 AM)Rockman1966 Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 07:49 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Conley is just a guy.

Watch his Star Wars homage, Retribution on YouTube.  George Lucas called him after seeing it offering a job.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-co...42343.html

After last season there is Dede Westbrook as our number one and then everyone else has to prove themselves.

And even Dede could do better.

Cole and Chark still have to prove themselves.

Lee has to show he’s recovered.

Conley has to prove he can fit with a new team.

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2019, 09:41 AM by TheDogCatcher.)

After being cut, Cole will catch on as part of the Patriots’ heralded WR rotation. Brady will get in his face early for his drops, and he’ll become the next temporary wonder who signs a huge contract with another team only to fizzle out.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

I think he'll rebound this year and put up decent numbers. Chark is just a "guy" to me at this point in time.

Lee has to stay healthy. Which is a lot to ask. Always has been. Westbrook is about as consistent as we could get last year but he too can drop some easy passes here and there.

Honestly the entire WR position is wide open on this team right now. We don't have a clear cut No. 1 on this roster. I see mostly slightly above average 2's and 3's at best.

Foles should at least throw it to them more accurately though. So hopefully something changes quickly in that area.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."