Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If Haskins is available....we should take him.

There's rumors that the Giants don't want Haskins. I find that hard to believe, but....if he is available, we should take him despite having signed Foles.  I'm as excited as anyone about Nick's arrival in Duval, but we need to plan for contingencies. What if Foles doesn't work out? Are we stuck with a bad QB for the next two years?

If we take Haskins, he can sit on the bench and learn from the starter--something Blake should have done his rookie year. If Foles doesn't work out, he can back Haskins in 2020, and then we can release him with little damage to our cap. But what if Foles exceeds our wildest expectations?  In that case, Haskins becomes trade bait. Teams will make some pretty dumb trades to get a quality QB--look at what Buffalo gave up to get Rob Johnson.

I know people want a TE or a WR. We can still get a good one in the second and third rounds.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like Haskins. I think he'll be better than Foles in the long run.

I just can't imagine this team taking a QB early until 2020 or 2021 based on Foles contract.

I wouldn't hate it because I like the prospect, but with Foles in place, I'd be looking to get him a stud TE and bolster his O-Line with the early picks.

If he is there...trade back to Miami or someone that wants to get him.

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2019, 03:21 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

I was originally on the board of taking Haskins if he was there. But now looking at our needs and having Foles, the big picture really doesn't dictate us taking him too. Plus, we know Ramsey already wanted him and it could cause drama we don't need. I think it's best to have everyone rally around Foles now; instead of looking ahead to Haskins taking over one day. Just my view point.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(03-19-2019, 03:12 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: If he is there...trade back to Miami or someone that wants to get him.

They'd probably end up better served that way as long as the 2020 QB prospects don't disappoint.

We need to field as many calls as possible to trade back. That would be pointless and we'd be ignoring holes at OL and TE AGAIN in RDs 1 and 2, TWO years straight
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

they absolutely should, but almost definitely won't lol

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2019, 03:36 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I'm sure he will be there but I dont think they will make that mistake. It looks like the FO is finally starting to make some good decisions.

(03-19-2019, 03:12 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: If he is there...trade back to Miami or someone that wants to get him.

I'd love Hockenson but if Cinci or Mia. wants to trade up for a QB they need to give up next years 1st and you cant turn that down

(03-19-2019, 03:20 PM)JackCity Wrote: they absolutely should, but almost definitely won't lol

Seconded.

I agree. We should definitely take him, but we won't. Not gonna happen.

Trade back to 10 for an additional two from Denver, Flacco is not the answer and I can bet a cookie that Elway wants a rookie to groom. Take TE Hockenson!!
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Git 'im. For the future.

Geno Smith 2.0. The Giants are smart, why take a second round QB with the sixth pick in a top heavy defensive draft?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(03-19-2019, 03:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm sure he will be there but I dont think they will make that mistake. It looks like the FO is finally starting to make some good decisions.

I'd love Hockenson but if Cinci or Mia. wants to trade up for a QB they need to give up next years 1st and you cant turn that down

Get this year's 1st, 2nd, and next year's 1st ... definitely do that. Plus they will be terrible next year and the QB class will be a lot better. Take a QB with the top 10 pick next year.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(03-19-2019, 03:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm sure he will be there but I dont think they will make that mistake.  It looks like the FO is finally starting to make some good decisions.

(03-19-2019, 10:36 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 03:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm sure he will be there but I dont think they will make that mistake.  It looks like the FO is finally starting to make some good decisions.

Get this year's 1st, 2nd, and next year's 1st ... definitely do that. Plus they will be terrible next year and the QB class will be a lot better. Take a QB with the top 10 pick next year.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
I like that idea.

Man I go back and forth on this idea like every day. Ultimately I guess I would attempt to trade down if Haskins is there. If not, take him, QB is that valuable.

Giants had their requisite meeting with Haskins:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...ne-haskins

(03-19-2019, 03:07 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: There's rumors that the Giants don't want Haskins. I find that hard to believe, but....if he is available, we should take him despite having signed Foles.  I'm as excited as anyone about Nick's arrival in Duval, but we need to plan for contingencies. What if Foles doesn't work out? Are we stuck with a bad QB for the next two years?

If we take Haskins, he can sit on the bench and learn from the starter--something Blake should have done his rookie year. If Foles doesn't work out, he can back Haskins in 2020, and then we can release him with little damage to our cap. But what if Foles exceeds our wildest expectations?  In that case, Haskins becomes trade bait. Teams will make some pretty dumb trades to get a quality QB--look at what Buffalo gave up to get Rob Johnson.

I know people want a TE or a WR. We can still get a good one in the second and third rounds.

No way the Jaguars will do this after the Foles signing. I do believe they would trade back and benefit greatly from this move. Personally, I'd also take Haskins with that pick. He seems like the real deal and you don't have that many opportunities to get someone like him. The Jags could still go offensive line, tight end and receiver in rounds 2 and 3.

Without a doubt they should take him. He'd sit one year and take over for Foles in 2020, if it even took him that long to surpass Foles. Unfortunately they wont and we will again be stuck with mediocre to below average QB play for the next few years until we try again.

Don't you all get sick of looking for that next franchise quarterback? If Foles isn't it, it would be nice to have a quarterback already on the roster who could be (Haskins).

As I type this, I do hope and pray that Foles is the franchise quarterback.