Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If Haskins is available....we should take him.

(04-08-2019, 10:06 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Maybe the interviews have not gone well.  Teams bring these College kids in and test them for the football I.Q.

That's one thing he doesn't need to worry about. Everyone says he interviews well and has one of the highest football I.Q.'s in recent years. He is known for his intelligence in the classroom and on the field.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm reading a few commentators who say Haskins might be overrated because he had overwhelming talent around him and was rarely pressured in the pocket.

(04-09-2019, 07:20 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm reading a few commentators who say Haskins might be overrated because he had overwhelming talent around him and was rarely pressured in the pocket.

He also had Urban Meyer.  As bad as Tebow was hes same coach that led Tebow to a Heisman and 2 championships

Another opinion that Haskins may slide on draft day.

https://twitter.com/lancezierlein/status...76640?s=21

Also, listening to Sirius NFL the past week, one of the shows was comparing Murray to Haskins and quoting efficiency numbers of when they are pushed out of the pocket and noting how elite Murray was in those situations and how horrible Haskins was in those situations. Sorry I don’t have the actual numbers, but if true, it could be the driving force behind a slide as an NFL QB is going to face a lot more pressure than they did in college.

I hope Haskins slides. I hope he has an Aaron Rodgers type slide and the Jags trade back into the first for him.

1. Hockenson
1. Haskins
3. Knox
3. Howard

(04-09-2019, 07:29 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 07:20 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm reading a few commentators who say Haskins might be overrated because he had overwhelming talent around him and was rarely pressured in the pocket.

He also had Urban Meyer.  As bad as Tebow was hes same coach that led Tebow to a Heisman and 2 championships

Tebow was a reserve on the first of those two championships.  It was Chris Leak at QB on the first one of those two.  

I just rebel when people say Tebow won two championships.

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2019, 11:54 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-09-2019, 11:41 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 07:29 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He also had Urban Meyer.  As bad as Tebow was hes same coach that led Tebow to a Heisman and 2 championships

Tebow was a reserve on the first of those two championships.  It was Chris Leak at QB on the first one of those two.  

Tebow still played a number of snaps when we need a first down.  Hit the ole jump pass as well for a TD his freshman year. Don't let the hate blind you for the big 1st downs and TDs. He had 13 TDs his freshman year

(04-09-2019, 11:49 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 11:41 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Tebow was a reserve on the first of those two championships.  It was Chris Leak at QB on the first one of those two.  

Tebow still played a number of snaps when we need a first down.  Hit the ole jump pass as well for a TD his freshman year

Yes, but, Tebow won two championships?  No.  The Gators won two championships while Tebow was on the team.   He was the starting QB on one of those championships.

(04-09-2019, 11:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 11:49 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Tebow still played a number of snaps when we need a first down.  Hit the ole jump pass as well for a TD his freshman year

Yes, but, Tebow won two championships?  No.  The Gators won two championships while Tebow was on the team.   He was the starting QB on one of those championships.

I guess Jordan didn't win 6 championships, the Bulls did

(04-09-2019, 12:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 11:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Yes, but, Tebow won two championships?  No.  The Gators won two championships while Tebow was on the team.   He was the starting QB on one of those championships.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(04-09-2019, 11:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Yes, but, Tebow won two championships?  No.  The Gators won two championships while Tebow was on the team.   He was the starting QB on one of those championships.

you know thats not a valid comparison right

(04-09-2019, 12:10 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 12:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I guess Jordan didn't win 6 championships, the Bulls did

you know thats not a valid comparison right

Clearly, players obviously can't win championships.  Only teams can

Wow.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-09-2019, 12:34 PM)Rico Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 12:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I guess Jordan didn't win 6 championships, the Bulls did

Wow.

Did he? Asking for a friend

(04-09-2019, 12:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 12:10 PM)JackCity Wrote: you know thats not a valid comparison right

Clearly, players obviously can't win championships.  Only teams can

thats not why it wasn't valid lol, tebow must melt your brain or something man

(04-09-2019, 12:59 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 12:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Clearly, players obviously can't win championships.  Only teams can

TEBOW WOULD HAVE BEEN A HALL OF FAME PLAYER!

(04-09-2019, 12:59 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 12:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Clearly, players obviously can't win championships.  Only teams can

I think it's crazy too, was just going by The Real Marty's way of thinking

I think we’ve officially reached the dead point prior to the draft. Where we build the prospect up as high as we can only to tear them down a few weeks before draft day.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-09-2019, 01:12 PM)knarnn Wrote: I think we’ve officially reached the dead point prior to the draft. Where we build the prospect up as high as we can only to tear them down a few weeks before draft day.
16 days!

(04-09-2019, 01:12 PM)knarnn Wrote: I think we’ve officially reached the dead point prior to the draft. Where we build the prospect up as high as we can only to tear them down a few weeks before draft day.

I was thinking the same thing. 

I think Haskins is top ten pick worthy to a team in need of QB and I don't see any way he gets past the phins at #13.