Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If Haskins is available....we should take him.

(04-09-2019, 01:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 12:59 PM)JackCity Wrote: thats not why it wasn't valid lol, tebow must melt your brain or something man

I think it's crazy too, was just going by The Real Marty's way of thinking

you aren't following huh

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I started this thread. I'd love Haskins, but I don't think it's going to happen. I still say they'll take an OL.

(04-09-2019, 01:25 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 01:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think it's crazy too, was just going by The Real Marty's way of thinking

you aren't following huh

I followed just fine.

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2019, 02:02 PM by The Real Marty.)

(04-09-2019, 12:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 11:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Yes, but, Tebow won two championships?  No.  The Gators won two championships while Tebow was on the team.   He was the starting QB on one of those championships.

I guess Jordan didn't win 6 championships, the Bulls did

Jordan was a starter on all 6 championships.  

Tebow was a starter on 1 championship team.

You say Urban Meier "led Tebow to a Heisman and two championships."   Would you say Sean Payton led Mark Brunell to a Super Bowl Championship?

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2019, 02:06 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-09-2019, 01:55 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 12:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I guess Jordan didn't win 6 championships, the Bulls did

You say Urban Meier "led Tebow to a Heisman and two championships."   Would you say Sean Payton led Mark Brunell to a Super Bowl Championship?

Has Robert Horry ever won a championship? If so how many?

(04-09-2019, 01:55 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 12:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I guess Jordan didn't win 6 championships, the Bulls did

You act like Tebow didn't play a down that year.  He made big plays for us that year

(04-09-2019, 02:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 01:55 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Jordan was a starter on all 6 championships.  

You act like Tebow didn't play a down that year.  He made big plays for us Florida that year

(04-09-2019, 07:20 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm reading a few commentators who say Haskins might be overrated because he had overwhelming talent around him and was rarely pressured in the pocket.

Probably also a reason for leaving early, as much of his surrounding cast was also leaving:

3 WR (all seniors)
RB (Jr)
3 OL (1 Jr, 2 Sr)

And of course a changing of the guard at HC.

He was told he was top 20 when he declared.  But then, that was before Murray decided to enter the draft, so I'm sure he wasn't planning on having to compete with him.

Probably part overconfidence, and part exodus with all the winds of change blowing.  May as well leave on a high note and strike while the iron is hot.  With such a small resume, it was still probably a good bet not to leave 2019 to chance by going back to school even if he does slide.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

He's gonna get drafted in the top 15 so still a good move to come out vs next year when he'll be potentially competing with guys like Herbert, Tua, Fromm, Jordan Love etc etc

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/statu...41920?s=21

You attend if you expect to go in the 1st round. Not attending could be for a number of reasons, but could Haskins still be on the board when we pick in round 2?

(04-09-2019, 11:49 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/statu...41920?s=21

You attend if you expect to go in the 1st round.  Not attending could be for a number of reasons, but could Haskins still be on the board when we pick in round 2?

zero chance

I really think they will go defensive line. Identity of this team has been defense, and that will not change no matter who the QB will be for the next 5 years or so. If they are going to be shifting cap space utilization to other players, they will need to look at replacing Calais and Dareus within 2 years to still have flexibility within the cap. That means drafting an elite defensive line player if he is available.

Haskins is definitely good, but still a wild card under pressure and with complex coverage looks.
I think Taylor is being overvalued a pure RT, as O-line positional flexibility is becoming more of a necessity and any top 10 pick lineman should bring that to the table.

I'm beginning question if there is a consensus NFL opinion that Hockenson is the best TE. He may be the most ready to start day 1, but by year 2 he will be making near top 10 TE money based on draft slot. To be worth that, he would need to at least flash an elite skill. He seems above average in all areas, but I'm not sure about elite level simply because I'm not someone who has watching tape of all TE over the past 10-20 years..

I say DL or Haskins because that deal Cowboys gave their DE made Yannick way more expensive they have to lock him up before he explodes for 20 sacks or something then have fun trying to lock up him Ramsey and Jack.
No Fun

(04-09-2019, 11:49 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/statu...41920?s=21

You attend if you expect to go in the 1st round.  Not attending could be for a number of reasons, but could Haskins still be on the board when we pick in round 2?
Baker stayed home last year and went #1 overall. Going to the draft or not going has no bearing on when you’re drafted.

Wrong.  Last year, Baker Mayfield did not attend the draft, and the year before that, Myles Garrett did not attend the draft.  Both were the number one selections in the entire draft, and did expect to go in the 1st round.  Haskins will not be available in round 2.

No. Haskins is a humble guy with a very close knit family. He'd probably rather celebrate with his family. Personally, even if I knew I was gonna go #1 overall, I'd watch it here with my friends and family. It's all just based on the person.

(04-10-2019, 07:35 AM)ATLjag Wrote:

Wrong.  Last year, Baker Mayfield did not attend the draft, and the year before that, Myles Garrett did not attend the draft.  Both were the number one selections in the entire draft, and did expect to go in the 1st round.  Haskins will not be available in round 2.

I worded that first sentence poorly.  My actual intent was to say: If you decide to attend it’s because you expect to go in the 1st round.

Jameis was the #1 pick and had his own shindig, didn't he?

Some people prefer to enjoy significant life events with their fambly. Haskins will not fall out of the first, but maybe he wants to avoid a Rodgers situation, should a slide happen.

(04-10-2019, 10:08 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Jameis was the #1 pick and had his own shindig, didn't he?

Some people prefer to enjoy significant life events with their fambly. Haskins will not fall out of the first, but maybe he wants to avoid a Rodgers situation, should a slide happen.

Yeah I’m aware guys that go high sometimes stay home because they want to just be around family and friends or in some cases older family members can’t travel to be at the draft etc.  Just wondering out loud that maybe there’s something to this recent talk of a slide and perhaps that had something to do with his decision not to go.  The 3 other guys that are going clearly expect to be selected on night 1.  Not going if you are expected to go in the first does at least invite the question why even if it’s just a simple I’m not a spotlight guy and/or I prefer to celebrate with family and friends.  

If you’re a 1st rounder, this is your night.  You’ve earned it and you don’t get another chance to walk across that stage.  You can celebrate at home anytime.

(04-10-2019, 10:32 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 10:08 AM)Mikey Wrote: Jameis was the #1 pick and had his own shindig, didn't he?

Yeah I’m aware guys that go high sometimes stay home because they want to just be around family and friends or in some cases older family members can’t travel to be at the draft etc.  Just wondering out loud that maybe there’s something to this recent talk of a slide and perhaps that had something to do with his decision not to go.  The 3 other guys that are going clearly expect to be selected on night 1.  Not going if you are expected to go in the first does at least invite the question why even if it’s just a simple I’m not a spotlight guy and/or I prefer to celebrate with family and friends.  

If you’re a 1st rounder, this is your night.  You’ve earned it and you don’t get another chance to walk across that stage.  You can celebrate at home anytime.

Exactly, it's your night. Much prefer to hang with all the friends and family who've helped you reach your dream than go up to actual draft and have to pose for pic, do interviews, wear nice clothes etc etc. You'll only get your name called once