Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If Haskins is available....we should take him.

(03-27-2019, 08:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 08:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I would be "jacked", but what would that be saying to Foles?

It would be saying, 'you have 4 years to earn $88M and the possibility of earning many more millions in performance incentives before the new sheriff comes to town'.

By the end of 4 years, you would already have to think about giving Haskins a new contract. He'd be an UFA after his 5th year option. I believe it would be telling Foles that he has 2 years, maybe 3 max to get the job done or he is gone. I believe there is an "out" on his contract after the 2nd year. I'm certainly not against it, since I believe Haskins is gonna be a star QB, but it would basically be pulling the rug out from Foles.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-27-2019, 09:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 08:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It would be saying, 'you have 4 years to earn $88M and the possibility of earning many more millions in performance incentives before the new sheriff comes to town'.

By the end of 4 years, you would already have to think about giving Haskins a new contract. He'd be an UFA after his 5th year option. I believe it would be telling Foles that he has 2 years, maybe 3 max to get the job done or he is gone. I believe there is an "out" on his contract after the 2nd year. I'm certainly not against it, since I believe Haskins is gonna be a star QB, but it would basically be pulling the rug out from Foles.

Yes, very true. However, he's a professional. I'm sure he would have a full understanding of the situation and wouldn't allow it to affect his play.

It would be smart to start rumors that we like Lock and Haskins though so we can get trade offers

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019, 09:05 PM by JackCity.)

(03-27-2019, 09:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 08:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It would be saying, 'you have 4 years to earn $88M and the possibility of earning many more millions in performance incentives before the new sheriff comes to town'.

Foles already knows he has 2/3 years tops here , it's implied in the contract

(03-27-2019, 09:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It would be smart to start rumors that we like Lock and Haskins though so we can get trade offers

As soon as you offer to trade out they know you don't want them lol or they'll just skip you

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019, 09:11 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-27-2019, 09:04 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 09:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: By the end of 4 years, you would already have to think about giving Haskins a new contract. He'd be an UFA after his 5th year option. I believe it would be telling Foles that he has 2 years, maybe 3 max to get the job done or he is gone. I believe there is an "out" on his contract after the 2nd year. I'm certainly not against it, since I believe Haskins is gonna be a star QB, but it would basically be pulling the rug out from Foles.

Foles already knows he has 2/3 years tops here , it's implied in the contract

(03-27-2019, 09:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It would be smart to start rumors that we like Lock and Haskins though so we can get trade offers

As soon as you offer to trade out they know you don't want them lol or they'll just skip you
If we get skipped is fine, it means more stars fall.  Teams have liked players before but took the trade offer because it was to good to pass up.   I'm sure we will get trade offers if Lock is there.  I dont think you know how it works with Foles contract.  To say Foles has 2 or 3 years tops here is comical, if he comes here and plays well and lives up to his contract and possibly take us to a title he will get an extension

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019, 09:31 PM by JackCity.)

(03-27-2019, 09:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 09:04 PM)JackCity Wrote: Foles already knows he has 2/3 years tops here , it's implied in the contract

If we get skipped is fine, it means more stars fall.  Teams have liked players before but took the trade offer because it was to good to pass up.   I'm sure we will get trade offers if Lock is there.  I dont think you know how it works with Foles contract.  To say Foles has 2 or 3 years tops here is comical, if he comes here and plays well and lives up to his contract and possibly take us to a title he will get an extension

"If" 

The reality is Foles contract is specifically designed to get out of it year 2 or year 3. Most of these FA deals aren't designed to reach the full length of the contract. 

If Foles plays lights out like a franchise QB he should stay, that's just not what the team is expecting

(03-27-2019, 09:26 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 09:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we get skipped is fine, it means more stars fall.  Teams have liked players before but took the trade offer because it was to good to pass up.   I'm sure we will get trade offers if Lock is there.  I dont think you know how it works with Foles contract.  To say Foles has 2 or 3 years tops here is comical, if he comes here and plays well and lives up to his contract and possibly take us to a title he will get an extension

"If" 

The reality is Foles contract is specifically designed to get out of it year 2 or year 3. Most of these FA deals aren't designed to reach the full length of the contract. 

If Foles plays lights out like a franchise QB he should stay, that's just not what the team is expecting
Yes, "if" no one knows how it will play out.   But he could very well get an extension

Galko has sources. I'd be so happy if he's right.

(03-27-2019, 09:52 PM)Upper Wrote: Galko has sources. I'd be so happy if he's right.

Me too.

(03-27-2019, 09:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 09:26 PM)JackCity Wrote: "If" 

Yes, "if" no one knows how it will play out.   But he could very well get an extension

Nobody knows how it will play out...but what we do know is the Jaguars designed the contract to serve as a 2 year or 3 year deal.  

They didn't sign this deal thinking Foles is gonna be our franchise QB for the next 5 years , just that he gives is security for two seasons and then we'll see how things go

(03-27-2019, 08:46 PM)JackCity Wrote: Erik Galko says he's very confident in the Jaguars taking Haskins, puts himself at 70-80% sure of it happening

Please, oh please.

(03-27-2019, 10:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 08:46 PM)JackCity Wrote: Erik Galko says he's very confident in the Jaguars taking Haskins, puts himself at 70-80% sure of it happening

Please, oh please.

I'm still gonna say I'm about 95% sure they won't but I was at 100% before I heard Eric talk about it

IMO, the pick has to be either Haskins or Hockenson.

Haskin news...

https://twitter.com/Eric_Edholm/status/1...0708496384

From the beginning, the hype around Haskins has felt to me eerily a lot like the Bridgewater hype. The "top QB" and #1 overall hype has never felt like it fit the reality.

We'll see how it actually plays out. But this has always felt like deja vu all over again to me.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(04-08-2019, 09:54 PM)pirkster Wrote: Haskin news...

From the beginning, the hype around Haskins has felt to me eerily a lot like the Bridgewater hype.  The "top QB" and #1 overall hype has never felt like it fit the reality.

We'll see how it actually plays out.  But this has always felt like deja vu all over again to me.

To me, this is all smoke and mirrors. IMO, he is clearly the best QB in the draft and it isn't even close.

That's exactly what folks were saying about Bridgewater, who nearly fell to the second round.

Which is why it all feels so familiar...
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

From the beginning, the hype around Haskins has felt to me eerily a lot like the Bridgewater hype.  The "top QB" and #1 overall hype has never felt like it fit the reality.

We'll see how it actually plays out.  But this has always felt like deja vu all over again to me.

All you really need to know from this article and it comes in the first couple lines...

"A few disclaimers before we address a story with growing NFL draft intrigue:
  1. It’s lying season. Believe little. Trust few. Hug your children.

2. This is one “report,” and that word might be a wee bit strong."

Maybe the interviews have not gone well. Teams bring these College kids in and test them for the football I.Q.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Hopefully one of the QB needs teams likes him enough to trade up for him. We can only hope, sure would be nice to pick up another 2nd

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2019, 10:22 PM by nate.)

I think Haskins falls out of the Top 15. I think he’s highly overrated. It took me awhile to get to that conclusion, but I’d pass on him even reading down into the 20’s.

Haskins has a stronger arm, that’s about it.