Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump Donates Paycheck to DHS

Trump Donates Paycheck to DHS

President Trump donated a quarter of his salary to the Department of Homeland Security on Monday and tweeted out a photo of the check to prove it.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkou...TmrzG1oHjQ
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Who cares? It's just a publicity stunt.

(03-20-2019, 05:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Who cares? It's just a publicity stunt.

Who did you donate your paycheck to?

(03-20-2019, 10:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 05:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Who cares? It's just a publicity stunt.

Who did you donate your paycheck to?

If I was a billionaire, I'd donate to a lot of stuff like Wounded Warrior Project, Operation Smile, Homes For Our Troops, No Kid Hungry, Wildlife Conservation Society, The Humane Society of the United States, Marine Toys for Tots Foundation, Farm Aid, Alzheimer's Association, St. Jude Children's Hospital and many others. I certainly wouldn't give it directly to the government.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 03:18 AM by haveaseat.)

Trump is a bum. This idiot is the guy I guarantee you needs people to read him information like 10 times in different ways. He's truly an imbecile in every sense of the word. I literally question the intelligence of his supporters and I don't mean that as an insult but as curiosity. He's the guy they will make a movie about years from now mocking him as we all wonder how he made it to office.

(03-21-2019, 03:10 AM)haveaseat Wrote: Trump is a bum. This idiot is the guy I guarantee you needs people to read him information like 10 times in different ways. He's truly an imbecile in every sense of the word. I literally question the intelligence of his supporters and I don't mean that as an insult but as curiosity. He's the guy they will make a movie about years from now mocking him as we all wonder how he made it to office.

Tell us what you really think Occupy Democrats really thinks.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(03-21-2019, 01:57 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 10:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Who did you donate your paycheck to?

If I was a billionaire, I'd donate to a lot of stuff like Wounded Warrior Project, Operation Smile, Homes For Our Troops, No Kid Hungry, Wildlife Conservation Society, The Humane Society of the United States, Marine Toys for Tots Foundation, Farm Aid, Alzheimer's Association, St. Jude Children's Hospital and many others. I certainly wouldn't give it directly to the government.
hahaha

Stroud left in the dust. Per usual.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 10:19 AM by Jagwired.)

Guy donates his check and kooks somehow find a way that is a bad thing. TDS is real folks.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Why do you have to be a billionaire to donate to those causes?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(03-21-2019, 10:18 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Guy donates his check and kooks somehow find a way that is a bad thing. TDS is real folks.
I have no issue with him donating. It's actually great that he does.

The issue I have is the "Hey look at me! I did this and people need to know about it!"

I mean he even tweeted "While the press doesn’t like writing about it, nor do I need them to" 

If you don't need the media to talk about it, why are you blasting it out to millions of people?

(03-21-2019, 11:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 10:18 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Guy donates his check and kooks somehow find a way that is a bad thing. TDS is real folks.
I have no issue with him donating. It's actually great that he does.

The issue I have is the "Hey look at me! I did this and people need to know about it!"

I mean he even tweeted "While the press doesn’t like writing about it, nor do I need them to" 

If you don't need the media to talk about it, why are you blasting it out to millions of people?

You can bet the guy who said his favorite part of the Bible was "two Corinthians" hasn't read Matthew 6:1-4.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-21-2019, 09:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 01:57 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If I was a billionaire, I'd donate to a lot of stuff like Wounded Warrior Project, Operation Smile, Homes For Our Troops, No Kid Hungry, Wildlife Conservation Society, The Humane Society of the United States, Marine Toys for Tots Foundation, Farm Aid, Alzheimer's Association, St. Jude Children's Hospital and many others. I certainly wouldn't give it directly to the government.
hahaha

So Trump hasn't donated to St. Jude, a charity his son Eric has also donated millions of dollars and thousands of hours to his time to?

You people literally have no clue what you are talking about.

(03-21-2019, 03:52 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 09:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: hahaha

So Trump hasn't donated to St. Jude, a charity his son Eric has also donated millions of dollars and thousands of hours to his time to?

You people literally have no clue what you are talking about.

Please enlighten us on the good works of The Donald J. Trump Foundation.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

What makes you think he doesn't give to charities outside of donating his paycheck? Pretty sure there was a story not long ago that has an itemized account of the over $100 million he has donated in the last few years. You know, people would be [BLEEP] if he kept his paycheck. He can't win for losing.

Not keen on telling someone how to give away their money but check your list... https://www.charitynavigator.org/
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(03-21-2019, 09:28 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 03:10 AM)haveaseat Wrote: Trump is a bum. This idiot is the guy I guarantee you needs people to read him information like 10 times in different ways. He's truly an imbecile in every sense of the word. I literally question the intelligence of his supporters and I don't mean that as an insult but as curiosity. He's the guy they will make a movie about years from now mocking him as we all wonder how he made it to office.

Tell us what you really think Occupy Democrats really thinks.

Anyone watching and listening to Trump talk can tell he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, if not maybe they should quit listening to what Pravda...err...Fox News tells them.
- Bob Marley

(03-21-2019, 04:44 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 01:57 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If I was a billionaire, I'd donate to a lot of stuff like Wounded Warrior Project, Operation Smile, Homes For Our Troops, No Kid Hungry, Wildlife Conservation Society, The Humane Society of the United States, Marine Toys for Tots Foundation, Farm Aid, Alzheimer's Association, St. Jude Children's Hospital and many others. I certainly wouldn't give it directly to the government.

What makes you think he doesn't give to charities outside of donating his paycheck? Pretty sure there was a story not long ago that has an itemized account of the over $100 million he has donated in the last few years. You know, people would be [BLEEP] if he kept his paycheck. He can't win for losing.

Not keen on telling someone how to give away their money but check your list... https://www.charitynavigator.org/

What was the point of publicizing this donation?
- Bob Marley

(03-21-2019, 04:49 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 04:44 PM)B2hibry Wrote: What makes you think he doesn't give to charities outside of donating his paycheck? Pretty sure there was a story not long ago that has an itemized account of the over $100 million he has donated in the last few years. You know, people would be [BLEEP] if he kept his paycheck. He can't win for losing.

What was the point of publicizing this donation?

Because a segment of tools would whine if a billionaire received one! Oh wait, we need his tax returns to make sure he isn't just a millionaire.

What was the point of this publicized refusal of paychecks? Would be curious to see proof that they actually followed through. https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/08/politics/...index.html

(03-21-2019, 04:44 PM)B2hibry Wrote:

well there was that time when he gave money to his charitable foundation to have his charitable foundation buy a portrait of him to hang at his golf club...
not many of us have enough balls to try to use the charitable tax donation to commission portraits of ourselves with pre-tax dollars...
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-21-2019, 06:17 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 04:44 PM)B2hibry Wrote: What makes you think he doesn't give to charities outside of donating his paycheck? Pretty sure there was a story not long ago that has an itemized account of the over $100 million he has donated in the last few years. You know, people would be [BLEEP] if he kept his paycheck. He can't win for losing.

well there was that time when he gave money to his charitable foundation to have his charitable foundation buy a portrait of him to hang at his golf club...
not many of us have enough balls to try to use the charitable tax donation to commission portraits of ourselves with pre-tax dollars...

Not exactly how it went but yeah cool. We've touched on the defunct and fined foundation, along with the $10k portrait. Where does the $100+ million of personal charitable contributions go or have gone to?

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 09:31 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-21-2019, 10:39 AM)copycat Wrote:

Why do you have to be a billionaire to donate to those causes?

Because now, I live paycheck to paycheck and don't even have enough for a savings account. I'd love to give more money to charity. I do give to Marines Toys for Tots every year, (whether I have the money or not.) It makes me feel good to do it, but I really wish I could afford to give to a lot more charities. If I ever do get a bunch of money, I'd give most of it away. I pretty much have everything I need now. I don't need or want a big house or fancy cars or "bling bling". I'm a self described "redneck" with pretty simple taste. As long as I got a house, fishing boat and a pickup truck, I'm happy. I'd rather use money to make the world a better place.

(03-21-2019, 11:37 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 11:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I have no issue with him donating. It's actually great that he does.

You can bet the guy who said his favorite part of the Bible was "two Corinthians" hasn't read Matthew 6:1-4.

Or Matthew 19:24  Wink