Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
O’Shaughnessy re-signed

4TEs now on the roster.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...h-jaguars/
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 02:47 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

What a loaded TE group lol

Possibly the worst TE group in the whole league

I am concerned about this, that’s 4 TEs on the roster, are they likely to draft one after this?

I reckon this may change things come draft day, DE, OL, S, and RB are looking more like our top priorities if you take the quality of players in other positions of need out of the equation.

Glad to have him back, as he's solid depth, but it doesn't change how big of a need TE is and it should still be considered at #7.

4 just means gearing up for camp depth
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

[Image: tenor.gif]

Foles responds to the news.

[Image: UwpcqLa.gif]
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Good special teams player. As long as he stays there I’m glad to have him back.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Depth and ST.

Probably came relatively cheap accordingly.

There will still be a TE selected by the Jags in this draft by pick #99 IMO.

Liked him more than any other TE we have had lately, but still not a starter. Bring in Dez and put him at TE.

Yeah, I Swaim is an above average No. 2 TE with upside to become a No. 1 with health, but the rest are depth at best.

Everything points to the Jags drafting a TE early in the draft, but we all thought the same thing last year and they passed.

(03-21-2019, 04:29 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Yeah, I Swaim is an above average No. 2 TE with upside to become a No. 1 with health, but the rest are depth at best.

Everything points to the Jags drafting a TE early in the draft, but we all thought the same thing last year and they passed.

True, but that was before they signed a QB that threw to his TE more than his receivers and hired an OC specifically to tailor an offense for that QB. 

I SERIOUSLY doubt they are going to ignore the position in the draft. 

Even if it's a Sternberger, Sweeney, Moreau, or Nuaata type in the third or fourth round. I think they add a young player at TE.

I was relieved he had moved on but like a boomerang, he's back! He is decent on ST, but pretty useless otherwise. He made that Niles Paul guy look like an all pro!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 05:36 PM by ATLjag.)

O'Shaughnessy is good depth. He's versatile at the TE position, and can contribute in ST.

Neither Swaim or O'Shaughnessy are going to prevent the Jags from drafting a TE.

Colts just signed Justin Houston in attempt to counter defending out 4 TE set. I say let's just cut our WRs and win with brute force !!

Chaaaammmpppiiioonnsshhiippp

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 07:33 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(03-21-2019, 07:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/pfrumors/status/1108...46816?s=19

Lol.  We sucked and LF sucked in 2018.

not really sure how great that was .... we need a TE that can stretch the field and I'm sure we'll go after that in Round 1 or 2 of the Draft.  TEs that can stretch the field are much better for RB's since the (players like a younger Gronk and a Travis Kelce) can easily take a few defenders out of the box.  PFF algorithms don't take that into consideration (as a critical benefit to the RB)

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 09:28 PM by JagFanatic24.)

(03-21-2019, 06:22 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Chaaaammmpppiiioonnsshhiippp

I laughed!

Glad to see you back on the boards.

Wow didn’t know he was the 2nd best blocking TE on the planet. This makes me doubt PFF grading even more.

If he’s truly that great of a blocker, then he would be wanted by numerous teams.

A true blocking grade would be like 44th of all TEs in the NFL.

(03-21-2019, 04:29 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Yeah, I Swaim is an above average No. 2 TE with upside to become a No. 1 with health, but the rest are depth at best.

To be fair, they may have thought that asj was going to be the answer to our TE woes. Therea no way that they believe swaim is the answer, so I think that theres a very very high possibility that we take a tight end within the first 3 rounds.