Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
O’Shaughnessy re-signed

I'm happy to have James O back in the fold. I agree that he is an very good blocking TE and when thrown to he's a good pass catcher as well. The Jaguars let him taste FA and got him back at an bargain price I'd imagine. Good resigning.

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-21-2019, 05:35 PM)ATLjag Wrote: O'Shaughnessy is good depth.  He's versatile at the TE position, and can contribute in ST.

Neither Swaim or O'Shaughnessy are going to prevent the Jags from drafting a TE.

I Concur. I too feel that we need to draft an pass catching TE but I now feel that it probably won't be at the #7 pick. The position is deep this year w/quality players to pick from in my opinion. If/when we select at that position he'll have to be an difference maker to say the least.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Welllll...as of right now he's the best tight end on the roster.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-22-2019, 07:31 AM)NH3 Wrote: I'm happy to have James O back in the fold. I agree that he is an very good blocking TE and when thrown to he's a good pass catcher as well. The Jaguars let him taste FA and got him back at an bargain price I'd imagine. Good resigning.

NH3...

I agree, he's on the bottom tier of the roster but there's nothing wrong with wanting those guys to be productive too when they get the chance. He seemed like a good special teams player.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Hock, James O, Swaim, Koyack?

Not bad.

However..... If James O is a really good blocker, perhaps they take the more talented receiving type in Fant over Hock?
I prefer Hock... just spit balling.

(03-22-2019, 09:40 AM)Kane Wrote: Hock, James O, Swaim, Koyack?

Not bad.

However..... If James O is a really good blocker, perhaps they take the more talented receiving type in Fant over Hock?
I prefer Hock... just spit balling.

If Fant is the more talented receiver why did he have more than 200 less yards?  Fant is faster but I dont think he is the better reciever.  James O is nowhere near the blocker Hockenson is.  Some stats from pff you can take with a grain of salt.

(03-22-2019, 07:45 AM)Rico Wrote: Welllll...as of right now he's the best tight end on the roster.

I was comparing Swaim and O'Shaughnessy as prospects (2014 and 2013 respectively) and they were actually almost identical on paper.

O'Shaughnessy went in the 5th and Swaim in the 7th. 

Eerily similar pro day numbers (since it's draft season):
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/j...id=2553318
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/g...id=2553454

I do think Swaim may have a bit of an edge in the hands category at this point in their careers. 
Regardless, they are good tight ends to round out the position group (assuming this front office intends to draft a higher rated prospect 4 1/2 weeks from now.)

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 11:42 PM by NH3.)

(03-22-2019, 07:45 AM)Rico Wrote: Welllll...as of right now he's the best tight end on the roster.

Let's not look past Swaim. He may be the better of the two at this point in their careers.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Decent role player. He may heavily improve just for the fact of the QB behind center. Foles loves his tight ends and can be very accurate.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(03-22-2019, 03:06 PM)NH3 Wrote:

Let not look past Swaim. He may be the better of the two at this point in their careers.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

The Cowboys might have the 2nd worst TE corps in the league after us, and they showed no interest in keeping Swaim.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 10:18 PM by JackCity.)

Yeah atm it's still a bottom 5 unit in the NFL , I'd still be up for bringing ASJ back. Not that I think he or the team would wanna do that

I agree with some of the others, I hope we draft 2 TEs

(03-22-2019, 08:19 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-22-2019, 03:06 PM)NH3 Wrote: Let not look past Swaim. He may be the better of the two at this point in their careers.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

The Cowboys might have the 2nd worst TE corps in the league after us, and they showed no interest in keeping Swaim.

I understand Dallas's circumstances at the position because both of their starting TEs retired last season w/Written being the best of them. If they didn't show interest as you've eluded to, it's probably due to being placed on IR for various injuries each of the past three years.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(03-22-2019, 11:52 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(03-22-2019, 08:19 PM)Upper Wrote: The Cowboys might have the 2nd worst TE corps in the league after us, and they showed no interest in keeping Swaim.

I understand Dallas's circumstances at the position because both of their starting TEs retired last season w/Written being the best of them. If they didn't show interest as you've eluded to, it's probably due to being placed on IR for various injuries each of the past three years.

NH3...

Actually the Cowboys have Witten again (unretired) and Blake Jarwin. Jarwin is essentially just like Swaim, maybe a tiny bit better. They also are in position to snag a good TE in the draft with picks at 27, 58 and 91. 

They simply didn't need to pay Swaim when they can draft a guy to round out their corps. The injuries surely didn't help his chances of sticking around either.

Not super impressed with the moves, but at least they are addressing the right positions. Lets pray that they still get a TE with an early pick.

[Image: 20190325-154428.jpg]

(03-25-2019, 03:45 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [Image: 20190325-154428.jpg]

Laughing

Now go re-sign Corey Grant.
No pain, no gain.