Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foles Superbowl Mvp performance

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 08:28 PM by jaguarmvp.)

65% completion percentage
373 yds
3tds 1 int
1 td reception on a trick play

Foles done all of that against a Bill Belichick (maybe the best defensive mind of all time the "evil genius")  defense on the biggest stage.   I love the quick accurate throws along with his ability to "throw open" a receiver by throwing to a spot and letting the receiver make the play.  We haven't had a QB with this type of capability since Brunell and maybe flashes of Garrard.  Yes we have this guy on our team and I for one am excited to have an established NFL QB behind center.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

His experience really showed in this game. He knew exactly where to go and attack. Never panicked from those aggressive front 7 looks. Fantastic gameplan and incredible Oline play aswell

Calm
Cool
Collected

Only if we had a QB like this. Oh, wait..

It was impressive.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Yup, you probably also think Flacco is legendary.

He had 11 TDs and 0 INTs on his way to winning a super bowl. 3 of those 11 TDs came against the Patriots (even better than Foles' 3/1) on the way to the super bowl championship as well.

Man it sure is great living in the moment isn't it? Oh wait, the Ravens have been stuck in purgatory ever since, just like we'll be for at least the next 2 years...

bwhahahah, Eagles are such SUCKERS!!!
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(03-23-2019, 03:38 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Yup, you probably also think Flacco is legendary.

He had 11 TDs and 0 INTs on his way to winning a super bowl. 3 of those 11 TDs came against the Patriots (even better than Foles' 3/1) on the way to the super bowl championship as well.

Man it sure is great living in the moment isn't it? Oh wait, the Ravens have been stuck in purgatory ever since, just like we'll be for at least the next 2 years...

Bruh...

If Foles pulls a Flacco and wins a super bowl with this squad, I’ll gladly live through a year or two of purgatory. 

I don’t see the problem. Foles is an upgrade to a team that primarily is built to win with great defense. 
He’s got the skill set to move chains more consistently than we have seen in recent memory - including our trip to the AFCCG. 

He’s not going to revolutionize the QB position, but he’ll be better than Bortles and we don’t need much more than that if that if the defense stays the course.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2019, 05:21 PM by Eric1.)

(03-23-2019, 11:20 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 03:38 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Yup, you probably also think Flacco is legendary.

Bruh...

If Foles pulls a Flacco and wins a super bowl with this squad, I’ll gladly live through a year or two of purgatory. 

I don’t see the problem. Foles is an upgrade to a team that primarily is built to win with great defense. 
He’s got the skill set to move chains more consistently than we have seen in recent memory - including our trip to the AFCCG. 

He’s not going to revolutionize the QB position, but he’ll be better than Bortles and we don’t need much more than that if that if the defense stays the course.

If Foles has a fluke run here (he pretty much already did with the Eagles) like Flacco did, it wont just be one or two years. We'll be stuck with him for a lot longer than that, just like the Ravens were because they thought he was so great after that 2012 run. They went through 6 years of Flacco after that. They only made the playoffs once in 2014, (until this 2018 year when Jackson got drafted, took over and finished their season on a 6-1 run) while finishing with a bunch of 8-8 seasons in between.

8-8 = not bad enough to be in the running for a true Franchise QB and not good enough to make the playoffs/do anything. The worst possible position you could be in. I see us sitting in that same exact situation with Foles these next couple of seasons, minus the Super Bowl run though.

(03-23-2019, 05:20 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 11:20 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Bruh...

If Foles has a fluke run here (he pretty much already did with the Eagles) like Flacco did, it wont just be one or two years. We'll be stuck with him for a lot longer than that, just like the Ravens were because they thought he was so great after that 2012 run. They went through 6 years of Flacco after that. They only made the playoffs once in 2014, (until this 2018 year when Jackson got drafted, took over and finished their season on a 6-1 run) while finishing with a bunch of 8-8 seasons in between.

8-8 = not bad enough to be in the running for a true Franchise QB and not good enough to make the playoffs/do anything. The worst possible position you could be in. I see us sitting in that same exact situation with Foles these next couple of seasons, minus the Super Bowl run though.

That’s one potential outcome.

Or they can still draft a QB in 2020/2021 to take over when ready.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2019, 05:52 PM by Eric1.)

(03-23-2019, 05:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 05:20 PM)Eric1 Wrote: If Foles has a fluke run here (he pretty much already did with the Eagles) like Flacco did, it wont just be one or two years. We'll be stuck with him for a lot longer than that, just like the Ravens were because they thought he was so great after that 2012 run. They went through 6 years of Flacco after that. They only made the playoffs once in 2014, (until this 2018 year when Jackson got drafted, took over and finished their season on a 6-1 run) while finishing with a bunch of 8-8 seasons in between.

That’s one potential outcome.

If Foles fails so hard that were already talking (or doing it) about drafting a QB again in just 1-2 years, then we'll have an entirely new front office etc. etc. because they all only have 2 years left on their contracts.

(03-23-2019, 05:52 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 05:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: That’s one potential outcome.

If Foles fails so hard that were already talking (or doing it) about drafting a QB again in just 1-2 years, then we'll have an entirely new front office etc. etc. because they all only have 2 years left on their contracts.

Not sure why you don’t think this f.o. Can’t draft a QB of the future while Foles is in his first contract. 

He’s just a high priced bridge in the scenario I’m describing. Totally do-able.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2019, 06:38 PM by jaguarmvp.)

Sure he could become a failure like Flacco but I don't see it.

(03-23-2019, 06:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 05:52 PM)Eric1 Wrote: If Foles fails so hard that were already talking (or doing it) about drafting a QB again in just 1-2 years, then we'll have an entirely new front office etc. etc. because they all only have 2 years left on their contracts.

Not sure why you don’t think this f.o. Can’t draft a QB of the future while Foles is in his first contract. 

I hope this is not the case.  I hope Foles can play at a high level for another 7 years plus and the team uses that draft stock to build the current team.

Eric1 who peed in your cheerios?  Sure Foles could be a bust like Flacco but I don't think so.  Foles does not have a 100 million dollar contract like Flacco either.

(03-23-2019, 06:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 05:52 PM)Eric1 Wrote: If Foles fails so hard that were already talking (or doing it) about drafting a QB again in just 1-2 years, then we'll have an entirely new front office etc. etc. because they all only have 2 years left on their contracts.

Because now they can't afford to spend a high draft pick on a QB who likely wont touch the field for at least 2 years (and the F.O. might be gone in 2 years anyways). This Offense is too void of talent to do that. Which is why we're going to have to pass on a very good Defensive player at #7 and go with either TE/OL/WR or a trade down. They literally have to add more pieces to this Offense around Foles, if they have any hope in him being successful here.

It now also doesn't make much sense for them to draft a QB of the future, when their future is literally tied to Foles and if he doesn't pan out they wont have a future here regardless.

IF they spent a high draft pick on a QB it would be a wasted year because a rookie has got to learn. The risk is also there that there is no franchise QB in this years draft.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2019, 06:40 PM by Eric1.)

(03-23-2019, 06:33 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 06:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Not sure why you don’t think this f.o. Can’t draft a QB of the future while Foles is in his first contract. 

I hope this is not the case.  I hope Foles can play at a high level for another 7 years plus and the team uses that draft stock to build the current team.

Eric1 who peed in your cheerios?  Sure Foles could be a bust like Flacco but I don't think so.  Foles does not have a 100 million dollar contract like Flacco either.

Foles actually got a contract very similar to the one Flacco got back then in 2013. Foles is 4 years, $88m with a max of $102m, $45m guaranteed. Flacco got 6 years, $120m, $52m guaranteed. Flacco just got an extra 2 years on his deal which is why the money looks higher.

(03-23-2019, 06:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 06:33 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I hope this is not the case.  I hope Foles can play at a high level for another 7 years plus and the team uses that draft stock to build the current team.

Foles actually got a contract very similar to the one Flacco got back then. Foles is 4 years, $88m with a max of $102m. Flacco got 6 years, $120m.

Look at the salary cap back then compared to now.  It has risen a lot since Flacco got that contract.  Foles can be cut after 2 years and won't have a huge cap hit if he bust.

(03-23-2019, 06:33 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 06:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Not sure why you don’t think this f.o. Can’t draft a QB of the future while Foles is in his first contract. 

Because now they can't afford to spend a high draft pick on a QB who likely wont touch the field for at least 2 years (and the F.O. might be gone in 2 years anyways). This Offense is too void of talent to do that. Which is why we're going to have to pass on a very good Defensive player at #7 and go with either TE/OL/WR or a trade down. They literally have to add more pieces to this Offense around Foles, if they have any hope in him being successful here.

It now also doesn't make much sense for them to draft a QB of the future, when their future is literally tied to Foles and if he doesn't pan out they wont have a future here regardless.
I disagree. I think they could draft a guy in 2020. No sweat. No need to consider them tied to a Foles IMO.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2019, 06:58 PM by Eric1.)

(03-23-2019, 06:40 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 06:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Foles actually got a contract very similar to the one Flacco got back then. Foles is 4 years, $88m with a max of $102m. Flacco got 6 years, $120m.

Look at the salary cap back then compared to now.  It has risen a lot since Flacco got that contract.  Foles can be cut after 2 years and won't have a huge cap hit if he bust.

I'm well aware of how much the cap has gone up since then, but that's not the point. You tried to say Foles didn't have a $100m contract like Flacco did. When they actually got very similar contracts in terms of money. They'll will/did make basically the same amount over their first 3 seasons.

Obviously Flacco's contract was top dollar back then and Foles' contract is just above average level of QB pay, but the point still stands.

Also, the out in Foles' contract is after the 3rd year, not the 2nd now that I look at his deal and it comes with a $6.25m dead cap hit. It'd be a $12.5m dead cap hit if we dumped him after 2 years.

(03-23-2019, 06:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 06:33 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Because now they can't afford to spend a high draft pick on a QB who likely wont touch the field for at least 2 years (and the F.O. might be gone in 2 years anyways). This Offense is too void of talent to do that. Which is why we're going to have to pass on a very good Defensive player at #7 and go with either TE/OL/WR or a trade down. They literally have to add more pieces to this Offense around Foles, if they have any hope in him being successful here.

I disagree. I think they could draft a guy in 2020. No sweat. No need to consider them tied to a Foles IMO.

I get that, but that sure doesn't show much confidence in your decision on going after Foles in the first place, if you're already looking for his replacement after just one season.

(03-23-2019, 06:49 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 06:40 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Look at the salary cap back then compared to now.  It has risen a lot since Flacco got that contract.  Foles can be cut after 2 years and won't have a huge cap hit if he bust.

I'm well aware of how much the cap has gone up since then, but that's not the point. You tried to say Foles didn't have a $100m contract like Flacco did. When they actually got very similar contracts in terms of money. They'll will/did make basically the same amount over their first 3 seasons.

Obviously Flacco's contract was top dollar back then and Foles' contract is just above average level of QB pay, but the point still stands.

Also, the out in Foles' contract is after the 3rd year, not the 2nd now that I look at his deal and it comes with a $6.25m dead cap hit. It'd be a $12.5m dead cap hit if we dumped him after 2 years.

(03-23-2019, 06:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I disagree. I think they could draft a guy in 2020. No sweat. No need to consider them tied to a Foles IMO.

I get that, but that sure doesn't show much confidence in your decision on going after Foles in the first place, if you're already looking for his replacement after just one season.

It’s not about confidence in Foles long term. It about confidence in him being good enough to give you a shot in the short term - then moving on to a more fiscally sustainable option at QB with a year of cushion for the rookie to sit and learn.