Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mueller Investigation Complete

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-18-2019, 02:26 PM)TJBender Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5OXON8vIaA

Millennials...

I think you meant 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgS50Y06bnY

(05-18-2019, 02:31 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Millennials...

I think you meant 

Sometimes the cover surpasses the original. Not often, but this is one case. Also, Fush Yu Mang is the single best ska/punk album ever released.

(05-18-2019, 02:43 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 02:31 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Millennials...

I think you meant 

Sometimes the cover surpasses the original. Not often, but this is one case. Also, Fush Yu Mang is the single best ska/punk album ever released.

I dunno about this one though. I know it was filmed in the 90's, but this song immediately reminds me of Dazed and Confused. Not a bad cover though. Just messin' with ya.

(05-18-2019, 12:52 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 10:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ok, awesome. That means you'll shut up about it now?

Shut up about mine? Sure. I have no control over it so why should I care?
Just like I never changed anyone's mind on here.
just like I never got any acknowledgement for bringing new facts to any discussion.
No, I'm going to stop caring about all the things that I can't control.
From now on I only care about your reputation rating, and the ratings of anybody who says that I ever cared too much about mine, because these are things that I can control.
and it takes so much left less effort to just hit that negative button than it does to think of a way to explain what I think and how I feel.
I'm turning over a new leaf and frankly I feel relieved.

Damn, you just can't help yourself. You just so badly crave affirmation from this group.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-18-2019, 02:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 02:43 PM)TJBender Wrote: Sometimes the cover surpasses the original. Not often, but this is one case. Also, Fush Yu Mang is the single best ska/punk album ever released.

I dunno about this one though. I know it was filmed in the 90's, but this song immediately reminds me of Dazed and Confused. Not a bad cover though. Just messin' with ya.

You should give the rest of the album a try. So many great songs, so much promise. Their second album was sterilized but still pretty good, then they immediately sold out to Disney and Shrek and have spent the rest of their career doing shallow, formulaic pop-punk and Monkees covers.

(05-18-2019, 03:09 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 02:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I dunno about this one though. I know it was filmed in the 90's, but this song immediately reminds me of Dazed and Confused. Not a bad cover though. Just messin' with ya.

You should give the rest of the album a try. So many great songs, so much promise. Their second album was sterilized but still pretty good, then they immediately sold out to Disney and Shrek and have spent the rest of their career doing shallow, formulaic pop-punk and Monkees covers.

I only remember them from the movie Rat Race, lol

(05-18-2019, 02:26 PM)TJBender Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5OXON8vIaA

Because they don't want to be friends.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Justin Amash.

Heroic Renegade?

Useful Idiot?

Discuss.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-19-2019, 10:41 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Justin Amash.

Heroic Renegade?

Useful Idiot?

Discuss.

Never heard of him until yesterday.

(05-19-2019, 10:56 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Heroic Renegade?

Useful Idiot?

Discuss.

Never heard of him until yesterday.

He discussed flipping Libertarian not long ago, so he was on a Party list to investigate. Other than that, me either. But if Nancy and Mittens are both against you on the topic of impeachment then maybe you're on to something? Or maybe not, maybe its Establishment vs Newcomer and he wants to be AOC in the Pubs. I dunno.

Heroic Renegade?

Useful Idiot?

Discuss.

New Topic?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Heroic Renegade?

Useful Idiot?

Discuss.

I watched large portions of the MSM news talk shows this morning. They’ve figured out that wearing their politics on their sleeves isn’t garnering the ratings of late night talk shows, so they’re actually attempting a semblance objectivity on a trial basis. Plus, coupled with the fact that the democrat agenda looks like a Benny Hill skit, they have no recourse. It’s refreshing, really. 

With that said, I didn’t hear one mention of Amash. His marketing instincts suck. TDS ain’t sellin’ right now.

(05-19-2019, 12:02 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:

Heroic Renegade?

Useful Idiot?

Discuss.

New Topic?

Continuation of the old one, ie this is a response to the MR so I dont feel the need for a new thread. YMMV.

(05-19-2019, 12:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Heroic Renegade?

Useful Idiot?

Discuss.

I watched large portions of the MSM news talk shows this morning. They’ve figured out that wearing their politics on their sleeves isn’t garnering the ratings of late night talk shows, so they’re actually attempting a semblance objectivity on a trial basis. Plus, coupled with the fact that the democrat agenda looks like a Benny Hill skit, they have no recourse. It’s refreshing, really. 

With that said, I didn’t hear one mention of Amash. His marketing instincts suck. TDS ain’t sellin’ right now.

Americans are mostly skeptical of wealth redistribution. That's making their platform a bit unstable as they search for a hook to snag the Middle.

Heroic Renegade?

Useful Idiot?

Discuss.

Heroic? No. Renegade? Perhaps. Idiot? No, his statement pretty decisively shows that he is not an idiot. He calls out the AG for delivering an unfaithful representation of the report, then calls out everyone else in Congress on both sides for reacting so strongly to the report when, clearly, none of them have read it. He apparently spent weeks consulting with his staff to discuss this before making any kind of statement. If you think back to the Cohen hearings, he was the only Republican asking questions with any kind of meat to them as the rest of the group waxed poetic about how unfair it was of Democrats to have the audacity to subpoena anyone about anything.

If anything, I think he might have just made the most thorough, thought-out statement of anyone to date, and he wasn't terribly complementary to either side in doing so. He acted like an independent, and we need more independents in Congress to slap both of the major parties back towards the middle or replace them entirely.

(05-19-2019, 04:03 PM)TJBender Wrote:

Heroic Renegade?

Useful Idiot?

Discuss.

Heroic? No. Renegade? Perhaps. Idiot? No, his statement pretty decisively shows that he is not an idiot. He calls out the AG for delivering an unfaithful representation of the report, then calls out everyone else in Congress on both sides for reacting so strongly to the report when, clearly, none of them have read it. He apparently spent weeks consulting with his staff to discuss this before making any kind of statement. If you think back to the Cohen hearings, he was the only Republican asking questions with any kind of meat to them as the rest of the group waxed poetic about how unfair it was of Democrats to have the audacity to subpoena anyone about anything.

If anything, I think he might have just made the most thorough, thought-out statement of anyone to date, and he wasn't terribly complementary to either side in doing so. He acted like an independent, and we need more independents in Congress to slap both of the major parties back towards the middle or replace them entirely.

Yeh...  Justin smash is going to lead the charge to slap down the Democrat establishment!

(05-19-2019, 05:39 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(05-19-2019, 04:03 PM)TJBender Wrote: Heroic? No. Renegade? Perhaps. Idiot? No, his statement pretty decisively shows that he is not an idiot. He calls out the AG for delivering an unfaithful representation of the report, then calls out everyone else in Congress on both sides for reacting so strongly to the report when, clearly, none of them have read it. He apparently spent weeks consulting with his staff to discuss this before making any kind of statement. If you think back to the Cohen hearings, he was the only Republican asking questions with any kind of meat to them as the rest of the group waxed poetic about how unfair it was of Democrats to have the audacity to subpoena anyone about anything.

Yeh...  Justin smash is going to lead the charge to slap down the Democrat establishment!

Anything of value to add, Captain Predicable?

(05-19-2019, 08:58 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(05-19-2019, 05:39 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Yeh...  Justin smash is going to lead the charge to slap down the Democrat establishment!

Anything of value to add, Captain Predicable?

No obstruction, no collusion.

(05-20-2019, 08:17 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-19-2019, 08:58 PM)TJBender Wrote: Anything of value to add, Captain Predicable?

No obstruction, no collusion.

This article gives a really good explanation of why anyone who thinks they know anything about this case is deluding themselves.

Does an FBI Investigation Qualify Under the Obstruction of Justice Statutes? A Closer Look

There's gray area in the (numerous) law(s) that says Trump did nothing wrong and also that he might've committed a felony, it could simply hinge on in which court it plays out. Ultimately the Congress can impeach if they choose, but this case doesn't look anything like the gross abuse the country will expect them to demonstrate if they attempt to remove him from office, especially when the 2 year's worth of Mueller investigation didn't present anything solid to go on, and more so when the law is particularly convoluted. If their case really comes down to "Did Trump mean 'I hope Flynn gets off' vs 'You must let him off'" then I think the opposition is in for a bad time. If you aim for the King you'd better aim true, especially if the DOJ is going to actually investigate the means by which all this occurred and it leads back to Hillary's Opp Research.