Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jawaan Taylor

(03-28-2019, 09:05 PM)Upper Wrote: Ford and Dillard should both be off the board by then. The Texans getting either one would be awful news.

Awful news? Lol. I'm more worried about the Colts than the Texans

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They're both better than us and Dillard and Ford are both the quality of player that we wouldn't blink an eye at if we took at 7. Either of them would be great values for the Texans.

(03-28-2019, 09:24 PM)Upper Wrote: They're both better than us and Dillard and Ford are both the quality of player that we wouldn't blink an eye at if we took at 7. Either of them would be great values for the Texans.

If everyone is healthy and with the addition of Foles, we are the top dogs in the division again. I  would blink an eye if we took Dillard at 7 and probably 80% of the fan base would too

Why would you blink an eye at us taking the best offensive lineman in the draft?

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2019, 10:47 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-28-2019, 09:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 09:05 PM)Upper Wrote: Ford and Dillard should both be off the board by then. The Texans getting either one would be awful news.

Awful news? Lol. I'm more worried about the Colts than the Texans

The Colts don't need O-Linemen. They have arguably, the best O-Line in the NFL.

(03-28-2019, 09:24 PM)Upper Wrote: They're both better than us and Dillard and Ford are both the quality of player that we wouldn't blink an eye at if we took at 7. Either of them would be great values for the Texans.

I'm not a huge fan of Dillard, but Ford is the best O-Lineman in the draft, IMO.

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2019, 11:06 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-28-2019, 10:46 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 09:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Awful news? Lol. I'm more worried about the Colts than the Texans

The Colts don't need O-Linemen. They have arguably, the best O-Line in the NFL.

I'm not a huge fan of Dillard, but Ford is the best O-Lineman in the draft, IMO.

Who said the Colts need onlineman? They will go dline or WR, possibly a corner

I think Ford is the best olineman as well but I dont think hes a good fit for the Texans. Dillard is a perfect match though

(03-28-2019, 11:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 10:46 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The Colts don't need O-Linemen. They have arguably, the best O-Line in the NFL.

Who said the Colts need onlineman?  They will go dline or WR, possibly a corner

I think Ford is the best olineman as well but I dont think hes a good fit for the Texans.  Dillard is a perfect match though

It sounded like you were afraid the Colts would draft one of those two O-Linemen. I agree about Ford. He wouldn't be a great fit in Houston. They need a LT and a C/OG.

Well Ford is going to be a beast RG so why wouldn't you worry about our rivals with huge needs at guard getting a great one?

I hereby endorse the selection of Jawaan Taylor. I know you were all waiting for me to weigh in, so there it is.

(03-29-2019, 09:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I hereby endorse the selection of Jawaan Taylor.   I know you were all waiting for me to weigh in, so there it is.

Ahh.

Life is now complete! 

Laughing

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-28-2019, 09:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

If everyone is healthy and with the addition of Foles, we are the top dogs in the division again. I  would blink an eye if we took Dillard at 7 and probably 80% of the fan base would too
What are you basing this off of? Just Foles?

Most division winners are based off quarterback play. Luck and Watson are both better than Foles. I think the Colts are the class of the AFC because, until proven otherwise, Luck will put up 10 wins basically on his own.

(03-29-2019, 01:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 09:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If everyone is healthy and with the addition of Foles, we are the top dogs in the division again. I  would blink an eye if we took Dillard at 7 and probably 80% of the fan base would too
What are you basing this off of? Just Foles?

Most division winners are based off quarterback play. Luck and Watson are both better than Foles. I think the Colts are the class of the AFC because, until proven otherwise, Luck will put up 10 wins basically on his own.
Good QB play with an elite defense usually goes along way, on top of a good run game.  Like I said, we have to stay healthy.   I think our run game get back on track this year.  LF looks to be putting in work this offseason

(03-29-2019, 01:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 01:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: What are you basing this off of? Just Foles?

Good QB play with an elite defense usually goes along way, on top of a good run game.  Like I said, we have to stay healthy.   I think our run game get back on track this year.  LF looks to be putting in work this offseason
I think the defense will be good again but nothing like they were in 2017. Who cares what LF looks like in an instagram video? Let's see if he can actually stay healthy and be a factor on the field.

Jags won 10 games with an all time great defense in 2017 and they played against backup QBs the entire season. Now, you're expecting them to be the cream of the AFC South when Houston won 11 games, Colts won 10 games and the Jags can't beat the Titans? I'm not buying it at all.

I think the Jags will be better because it's not hard to be better than last years team but they have a long way to go. There are way more "ifs" with the Jags than there are the Texans and Colts.

(03-29-2019, 09:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I hereby endorse the selection of Jawaan Taylor.   I know you were all waiting for me to weigh in, so there it is.

I'm good with it too. My mind is always drawn towards the flashier shinier things and I have to remind myself that deep down my main football belief is that it all begins in the trenches, and that drafting a big ugly on the OL is the way to make sure we do win in the trenches...

(03-29-2019, 01:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 01:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Good QB play with an elite defense usually goes along way, on top of a good run game.  Like I said, we have to stay healthy.   I think our run game get back on track this year.  LF looks to be putting in work this offseason
I think the defense will be good again but nothing like they were in 2017. Who cares what LF looks like in an instagram video? Let's see if he can actually stay healthy and be a factor on the field.

Jags won 10 games with an all time great defense in 2017 and they played against backup QBs the entire season. Now, you're expecting them to be the cream of the AFC South when Houston won 11 games, Colts won 10 games and the Jags can't beat the Titans? I'm not buying it at all.

I think the Jags will be better because it's not hard to be better than last years team but they have a long way to go. There are way more "ifs" with the Jags than there are the Texans and Colts.

They dont have to be as good as they were in 2017.  We were top 5 last year and the defense had a down year while getting worn out because the offense couldn't sustain drives.  On D you got the young guys like Harrison and Bryan who showed a lot of promise last year on top of all our leaders back.  When we won 10 games we had Bortles at QB, a rookie RB, rookie LT, and 2 rookie receivers.  It wont be like that this year and add Foles in the mix I can see us having a better season than we did in 17 with a good draft

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2019, 02:03 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Ladt year we lost 6 of our games by 6 points or less. With a more healthy offense and Foles at QB the D will be pumped to actually get a break, something they are not used to

(03-29-2019, 01:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ladt year we lost 6 of our games by 6 points or less. With a more healthy offense and Foles at QB the D will be pumped to actually get a break, something they are not used to

The NFL is a one touchdown league. Every team is saying we lost large X amount of games by 6 points or less. The Colts or Texans included.

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2019, 02:59 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-29-2019, 02:24 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 01:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ladt year we lost 6 of our games by 6 points or less.  With a more healthy offense and Foles at QB the D will be pumped to actually get a break, something they are not used to

The NFL is a one touchdown league. Every team is saying we lost large X amount of games by 6 points or less. The Colts or Texans included.

With the good teams it is.  Not every team, you said 2 playoff teams

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2019, 04:45 AM by PortDawgJags808.)

(03-23-2019, 04:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Do not like. He is an overrated run blocker and struggles more against speed rushers. I see him as a RT only and I want someone who has the ability to play RT or LT. TE should be the priority in round 1. Hockenson is not only a great pass catcher, but he's a better blocker than most OT's, including Taylor.

+1

(03-23-2019, 04:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Do not like. He is an overrated run blocker and struggles more against speed rushers. I see him as a RT only and I want someone who has the ability to play RT or LT. TE should be the priority in round 1. Hockenson is not only a great pass catcher, but he's a better blocker than most OT's, including Taylor.

Totally agree.

I dont do this a lot because everyone hates the "I know a guy" guy, but we do have a family friend intimately close to the situation. Told me Taylor is most likely going to be our pick but that you never know how the draft plays out.

Not sure I would love this pick based on all the reviews of him.