Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jawaan Taylor

(04-24-2019, 06:58 PM)JackCity Wrote: Just looking at prop bets here. The bookies say Taylor is the heavy favourite to the first lineman off the board but also he's only the 5th most likely player to be selected by the Giants, with Haskins, Jones, Sweat , Oliver ahead of him.

So although they don't show our prop bets, you can probably assume Taylor is still the favourite for us

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2019/4/24/...aan-taylor

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-24-2019, 07:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 06:58 PM)JackCity Wrote: Just looking at prop bets here. The bookies say Taylor is the heavy favourite to the first lineman off the board but also he's only the 5th most likely player to be selected by the Giants, with Haskins, Jones, Sweat , Oliver ahead of him.

So although they don't show our prop bets, you can probably assume Taylor is still the favourite for us

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2019/4/24/...aan-taylor

Already mentioned it in this very thread

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2019, 10:32 AM by JackCity.)

Eric Galko says its Jonah at #7 and that Jawaan Taylor is pretty much out of the reckoning for us

he also said he was very sure about Haskins to the Jaguars a few weeks ago.....

Wow Taylor trash huh?

Imho we should pull a myles jack for Taylor. Or are the red flags just too much?

Yeah, the red flags must of been true

So there are some red flags and that can push a guy out of the first round. But at what point is he worth the pick?

What red flags pushed him to the second round. I'll google in the meantime.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(04-26-2019, 07:27 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: What red flags pushed him to the second round.  I'll google in the meantime.

Medical.

(04-26-2019, 07:29 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 07:27 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: What red flags pushed him to the second round.  I'll google in the meantime.

Medical.

Ughh.  I'd rather have Risner then.  A few posters have said he hasnt missed games so i'd prefer him.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Rumored potential knee, back and weight issues. Could very well be overblown or not. We don't get medical reports but you would have thought if it was really concerning would have had a little more info.

I would take Cody Ford, Greg Little or Erik McCoy over Jawaan Taylor at this point. If he falls to RD3, which I highly doubt, I would probably consider him there at that point with one of those picks. That's a low risk, high reward value pick at that point.

But between the knee, back and weight issues you just can't risk it that early. We have enough of those guys to worry about now on the roster between Robinson at LT, Linder at C and potentially Norwell now at G. Need healthy, big name guys that have consistently held up well and played well. Cody Ford with the 38th overall pick would make up for the Will Hernandez miss we had last year to the Giants.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-26-2019, 07:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: So there are some red flags and that can push a guy out of the first round.   But at what point is he worth the pick?

I share the concern over his medical red flags and I would be inclined to take Risner, Ford or Little over him.

That said, if he's still there at the bottom of the 2nd, I wouldn't object to dealing up to get him.

A right side of Ford and a healthy Taylor with Cann as a reserve is appealing to me.

We'd have a big, physical and versatile offensive line.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-26-2019, 09:19 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 07:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: So there are some red flags and that can push a guy out of the first round.   But at what point is he worth the pick?

I share the concern over his medical red flags and I would be inclined to take Risner, Ford or Little over him.

That said, if he's still there at the bottom of the 2nd, I wouldn't object to dealing up to get him.

A right side of Ford and a healthy Taylor with Cann as a reserve is appealing to me.

I like that idea to an extent. Just depends on who is still on the board at TE and WR for me when they start inching up into RD3 tonight.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 09:42 AM by Upper.)

Someone on twitter said basically what I've been saying all draft offseason, but way better.

"If the first bullet on a scouting report mentions their run blocking, do not draft that player. If the first bullet on a scouting report mentions their run stopping, also do not draft that player."

Draft guys who win the way the modern NFL is played.

(and obviously the medical/weight concerns mattered a lot too)

(04-26-2019, 09:42 AM)Upper Wrote: Someone on twitter said basically what I've been saying all draft offseason, but way better.

"If the first bullet on a scouting report mentions their run blocking, do not draft that player. If the first bullet on a scouting report mentions their run stopping, also do not draft that player."

Taylor is a good pass blocker as well though.  You act like being a good run blocker is a bad thing lol.  I think it's more red flags than anything

(04-26-2019, 09:42 AM)Upper Wrote: Someone on twitter said basically what I've been saying all draft offseason, but way better.

Reminds me of when we have heard about how great a receiver was at downfield blocking
;

;

(04-26-2019, 09:19 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

Would love a Cam-Norwell-Linder-Ford-Taylor oline

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 04:55 PM by JackCity.)

im amazed at how many people didnt know about his medical red flags until recently