Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jawaan Taylor

This is making some rounds but does not make sense. I cannot find anything anywhere about what this actual knee injury really is.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...combine%2F

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Seems relatively minor... Enough to put him 3rd behind Risner and Ford, not enough I’d pass on him

I don't want Taylor at 38 purely for on field reasons.

(04-26-2019, 05:02 PM)Upper Wrote: I don't want Taylor at 38 purely for on field reasons.

He would be my last choice of the OT/OG that dropped out of the 1st.

I really liked Ford and Risner more before, but they just made no sense value-wise in the top 10.

(04-26-2019, 04:57 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: This is making some rounds but does not make sense. I cannot find anything anywhere about what this actual knee injury really is.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...combine%2F

he played with a torn meniscus in 2017, likely stems from that. Sometimes the knees aren't cleaned up fully

(04-26-2019, 05:06 PM)JackCity Wrote: he played with a torn meniscus in 2017, likely stems from that. Sometimes the knees aren't cleaned up fully

Especially if that knee is supporting 380 lbs...

(04-26-2019, 05:09 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 05:06 PM)JackCity Wrote: he played with a torn meniscus in 2017, likely stems from that. Sometimes the knees aren't cleaned up fully

Especially if that knee is supporting 380 lbs...

That can make more sense. Multiple types of tears, so depends on which one. If this was still the issue though, I surprised they didn't do an MRI at the combine it have leaked sooner. Even with a new hamstring strain, you can still differentiate a chronic meniscus issue.

Was listening to Sirius XM NFL radio this afternoon and someone called in to talk Jags draft. Jawaan Taylor’s name eventually came up and Pat Kirwan indicated he viewed him solely as a RT coming into the draft but that he spoke with coach Paul Alexander who worked with a lot of the OL prospects leading up to the draft and Paul told him Jawaan could play LT as well. He expressed how much respect he has for Paul and that if Paul says it it must be true. Given that our season fell off a cliff shortly after Cam went down last year, having a guy that can play either side like Jawaan makes him extremely valuable.

(05-03-2019, 09:44 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Was listening to Sirius XM NFL radio this afternoon and someone called in to talk Jags draft.  Jawaan Taylor’s name eventually came up and Pat Kirwan indicated he viewed him solely as a RT coming into the draft but that he spoke with coach Paul Alexander who worked with a lot of the OL prospects leading up to the draft and Paul told him Jawaan could play LT as well.  He expressed how much respect he has for Paul and that if Paul says it it must be true.  Given that our season fell off a cliff shortly after Cam went down last year, having a guy that can play either side like Jawaan makes him extremely valuable.

As angry as that man blocks, I can't imagine him anywhere but RT. Don't try to fix what ain't broke.

Risner was my guy at the pick.

I'm not sure what to make of Taylor. It's interesting how polarizing he is.
I know that many of the disparaging twitter threads I've perused have left me unconvinced I should worry.
Basically, I'm having a hard time seeing why folks don't like him.

Hopefully he stays healthy and proves at least a marginal upgrade to Parnell.

(05-08-2019, 09:04 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Basically, I'm having a hard time seeing why folks don't like him.

Honestly... at least on the internet... certain college schools players get a lot of hate regardless of skill and ability.

I know a guy who through his teeth will still tell me Cam Newton is trash (maybe not elite, but certainly not trash)
Just because he went to Auburn (and beat his Tide that year)

Sillyness.

I mean obviously, Taylor was mocked as a first rounder, so he slid for some reason, but the blind internet/message board hate I can only conclude has to do with "he's from UF, they all suck"

(05-09-2019, 09:44 AM)Kane Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 09:04 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Basically, I'm having a hard time seeing why folks don't like him.

Honestly... at least on the internet... certain college schools players get a lot of hate regardless of skill and ability.

I know a guy who through his teeth will still tell me Cam Newton is trash (maybe not elite, but certainly not trash)
Just because he went to Auburn (and beat his Tide that year)

Sillyness.

I mean obviously, Taylor was mocked as a first rounder, so he slid for some reason, but the blind internet/message board hate I can only conclude has to do with "he's from UF, they all suck"

I guess that's a factor.  But I'm a diehard gator hater through and through, and I can't help but see good things from the kid. 
I know there's a bit of concern on the knee and hamstring, but he's in house now and getting presumably a higher level of care and support for that with 3+ months to go until preseason games.

I mean - I was literally working my way through different twitter threads that were supposed to be showing me how bad he was and I just kept seeing a good right tackle in the clips being posted. *shrug*