Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A WR to watch....

I believe with the addition of Conley, WR is less of a priority for us, but that doesn't mean we won't draft one at all. I just believe WR will take less precedence than some other areas. With that said, I would like to look at what I consider to be a small school "gem". His name is Jazz Ferguson and he hails from Northwestern State. He is huge at 6'4" 227 lbs. on top of that he ran a ridiculous 4.45/40 at the Combine and he had a 37" vertical. His Combine numbers caught my attention, but when I watched his game tapes, I was amazed. This guy looks really, really good. He has soft hands and an unbelievable catch radius. He also showed an ability to run away from defenders in the open field. He also shows some pretty decent "shiftiness" for a receiver of his size and fights for every single yard. He's tough to bring down. Here are some of his highlights below. Is it just me or does anyone else see some resemblance in his play to Terrell Owens?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2019, 08:38 PM by surfon.)

I am jazzed lol. Anyways I see he was at lsu wonder what the story is there.

(03-23-2019, 08:37 PM)surfon Wrote: I am jazzed lol.  Anyways I see he was at lsu wonder what the story is there.

He failed one drug test (weed) early on and started skipping classes, so he was dismissed. He didn't think he would get back into college and when he was accepted at Northwestern State, he changed his life around and has been clean and trouble free ever since. He is also the brother of potential 1st/2nd round selection, DE Jaylon Ferguson of La. Tech.

(03-23-2019, 09:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 08:37 PM)surfon Wrote: I am jazzed lol.  Anyways I see he was at lsu wonder what the story is there.

He failed one drug test (weed) early on and started skipping classes, so he was dismissed. He didn't think he would get back into college and when he was accepted at Northwestern State, he changed his life around and has been clean and trouble free ever since. He is also the brother of potential 1st/2nd round selection, DE Jaylon Ferguson of La. Tech.
What round is he projected to be drafted? How is he generally ranked by the Mel Kipers among WRs in this draft class?
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(03-23-2019, 09:22 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 09:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He failed one drug test (weed) early on and started skipping classes, so he was dismissed. He didn't think he would get back into college and when he was accepted at Northwestern State, he changed his life around and has been clean and trouble free ever since. He is also the brother of potential 1st/2nd round selection, DE Jaylon Ferguson of La. Tech.
What round is he projected to be drafted? How is he generally ranked by the Mel Kipers among WRs in this draft class?

Most of the drafts I've seen have him projected as a 5th to 7th round pick. As far as Kiper, I have no idea.

Passes name test with flying colors.

Yeah he's a dude I like at the end of the draft too.

Ferguson is one guy they should strongly consider in rounds 6 or 7. This draft is very deep in wide receivers who will make the final 53 and possibly contribute immediately. Preston Williams, Demarkus Lodge, Dillon Mitchell and Cody Thompson are other guys to consider late in the draft if still on the board. This is the position I'd double-dip at in this draft. A.J. Brown, Kelvin Harmon or Deebo Samuel in the 2nd and one of these aforementioned guys in the 6th round would not be hard to take. Throw in Hockenson in the 1st and Foles should have enough receiving options to succeed.

(03-23-2019, 09:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

LSU dismissed someone for smoking weed and cutting classes?  That's kind of like getting kicked out of ISIS for being mean spirited.

I've got another small school WR for pyu guys to check out. Juston Christian from Marist College. It's a small college in Poughkeepsie NY, but in live down the road from it so I like to follow their teams. Here's a nice little write up on him. He absolutely dominated the fcs and you can tell from watching him in person that he has the ability to be an NFL player.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/the...king-about

(03-25-2019, 04:01 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: I've got another small school WR for pyu guys to check out. Juston Christian from Marist College. It's a small college in Poughkeepsie NY, but in live down the road from it so I like to follow their teams. Here's a nice little write up on him. He absolutely dominated the fcs and you can tell from watching him in person that he has the ability to be an NFL player.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/the...king-about

Great prospect.

Since I'm personally hoping for a 4th round receiver and a priority UDFA to round out the corps, I hope this guy is on Dave's radar.