Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike Kaye's Most recent mock

https://expo.nj.com/sports/g66l-2019/03/...ounds.html

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Love the trade. I can understand the need at FS, but you HAVE to go for OL in the 2nd.

I'd be quite happy w/ Hock in a trade down and also a big fan of Adderley, but in general I feel like he is way off with a lot of players current value.

That trade is awesome. And considering how shallow FS is in this draft and we get a pretty decent one who almost assuredly won't be there in the 3rd and will start day 1, I am ok with it.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I sure hope they can work a trade like this. Love Hockenson in the first, especially since Fant and Smith would be gone by round 2. The 2nd round pick would be extremely difficult. To me, it would come down to Adderly, Dilliard and A.J. Brown. All 3 could make an immediate impact. Adderly has the most upside, in my opinion, and is versatile enough to fill in at cornerback or nickel if Ramsay or Bouye get hurt. Brown would likely have the most immediate impact and Foles would immediately utilize his elite ability to gain yards after the reception. That being said, if this scenerio played out (not likely) Dilliard would have to be my pick. He can be an elite left tackle and Robinson fits better on the right side. They could still get a good receiver with one of their 3rd round picks so the Dilliard pick makes the most sense.

DId he steal this from my post on the Chris Trapasso Mock thread?

I called a trade for extra 3rd/5th...then went Hockenson/Adderley.

Although looking at how Kaye's board fell give me Hockenson/Dillard.

In the 3rd, I would target:
WR: P. Campbell
OT: K. McGary
DE: J. Ferguson

Wait.... Dillard was on the board in the 2nd round and the Jags didn't take him?!

Have mercy. If the Jags end up with Dillard AND Hockenson, give Dave an extension. The best TE and tackle in this class in one draft would be a dream.

(03-25-2019, 10:15 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: DId he steal this from my post on the Chris Trapasso Mock thread?

I love your strategy, but it begs an obvious question. 

Who would be your starters along the O line?

Specifically,  where do you play Cam Robinson if you add a LT in Dillard and a RT in McGary?

Do you move him to RG over Cann, or have him and McGary compete at RT with the loser being depth?

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2019, 11:11 AM by Caldrac.)

That would be one hell of a deal for our team. The idea of us being able to pick-up a 3rd, 5th and another 3rd for next year's draft from DEN just to move down three spots AND still secure arguably the best receiving threat at TE from this year's class looks great on paper.

This would also give us 3 picks in this year's 3rd round which could be packaged up to move back into the bottom of RD1 or early RD2 potentially to add another starter to the roster.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Broncos trade with Jags.
Broncos select Hockenson.

If Hockenson us our priority, they would need to stipulate in the trade deal that the Broncos cannot select Hockenson. For the record, the Broncos are on several mocks as selecting Hockenson at #10 if he drops.

(03-25-2019, 11:10 AM)Caldrac Wrote: That would be one hell of a deal for our team. The idea of us being able to pick-up a 3rd, 5th and another 3rd for next year's draft from DEN just to move down three spots AND still secure arguably the best receiving threat at TE from this year's class looks great on paper.

This would also give us 3 picks in this year's 3rd round which could be packaged up to move back into the bottom of RD1 or early RD2 potentially to add another starter to the roster.

If I'm that sold on Hockenson, I might stand pat and take him at 7. If he's as good as seemingly everyone on this board is touting, I have serious doubts that DET or BUF don't take him, or entertain offers from another team in the teens to pull a similar move into their spots for him.

Not too shabby.

Give me Thornhill over Adderly though

(03-25-2019, 11:00 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-25-2019, 10:15 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: DId he steal this from my post on the Chris Trapasso Mock thread?

I love your strategy, but it begs an obvious question. 

Specifically,  where do you play Cam Robinson if you add a LT in Dillard and a RT in McGary?

Do you move him to RG over Cann, or have him and McGary compete at RT with the loser being depth?
McGary in the 3rd is just too much value and so is Dillard at the top of the 2nd.

I would let them battle it out a see where the chips fall...I would hope that Dillard would be the elite LT we have wanted and that Cam could kick over to RT.

I would envision the line being Dillard/Norwell/Linder/Mcgary or Cann/Robinson if all things went as planned.

We would actually have a surplus of talent along the OL and would open up a ton of options...

If Norwell stays injured/doesn't play worth the contract you can possibly slide Robinson to LG if he can't adjust to the right side and kick McGary to RT.

(03-25-2019, 04:29 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(03-25-2019, 11:00 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I love your strategy, but it begs an obvious question. 

McGary in the 3rd is just too much value and so is Dillard at the top of the 2nd.

I would let them battle it out a see where the chips fall...I would hope that Dillard would be the elite LT we have wanted and that Cam could kick over to RT.

I would envision the line being Dillard/Norwell/Linder/Mcgary or Cann/Robinson if all things went as planned.

We would actually have a surplus of talent along the OL and would open up a ton of options...

If Norwell stays injured/doesn't play worth the contract you can possibly slide Robinson to LG if he can't adjust to the right side and kick McGary to RT.

You'd have all kinds of options available if you pulled off Dillard and McGary.

Robinson could realistically be a starter at 3 different positions (LT, RT, and RG) or a backup at 4 (all but C).

Assuming you hit at both picks, you'd have two starting caliber players at both T positions.

If Cam Robinson won the RG spot, Cann would be quality depth at the interior three positions.

Lots of attractive options in the above scenario, unlike last year.

If you added another G/C in the later rounds, the fall off would not be anywhere near as pronounced as it was last year when guys got hurt.

I dont think Dillard would be ideal for us as we have Justim Houston, Clowney, and Watt in the division. Dillard struggled against the power rushers at times and we have 3 of the best in the league in our division. If we want a good pass protector I think we look at Greg Little, who was a top 5 recruit coming out of High School at any position, like Cam was. He only gave up 10 pressure in 493 pass blocking snaps. Neither are very good run blockers but I think there is a chance Little falls to the 2nd because he isnt the best athlete

(03-25-2019, 06:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont think Dillard would be ideal for us as we have Justim Houston, Clowney, and Watt in the division.  Dillard struggled against the power rushers at times and we have 3 of the best in the league in our division.  If we want a good pass protector I think we look at Greg Little, who was a top 5 recruit coming out of High School at any position, like Cam was.  He only gave up 10 pressure in 493 pass blocking snaps.  Neither are very good run blockers but I think there is a chance Little falls to the 2nd because he isnt the best athlete

Little looked awful in the mirroring drills at the Combine. I don't know if he was unprepared or out of shape, but he was completely gassed and his footwork was sloppy and slow. IMO, I see him as a RT only.

Love the 1st round move. Would go OL round 2.

(03-25-2019, 06:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-25-2019, 06:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont think Dillard would be ideal for us as we have Justim Houston, Clowney, and Watt in the division.  Dillard struggled against the power rushers at times and we have 3 of the best in the league in our division.  If we want a good pass protector I think we look at Greg Little, who was a top 5 recruit coming out of High School at any position, like Cam was.  He only gave up 10 pressure in 493 pass blocking snaps.  Neither are very good run blockers but I think there is a chance Little falls to the 2nd because he isnt the best athlete

Little looked awful in the mirroring drills at the Combine. I don't know if he was unprepared or out of shape, but he was completely gassed and his footwork was sloppy and slow. IMO, I see him as a RT only.
But how does he look in games?

Lmao of course.

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2019, 07:24 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Was watching some more of Little, not sure I would take him in the 2md with some of the guys that will be there. His stats are good but the guy is just to soft and dont finish blocks.