Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
All things hurricane Mathew

Thought we should have a thread for everyones experience. Mine so far is a few blown down fence panels.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The official thread wasn't enough for you? Lol
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:The official thread wasn't enough for you? Lol

Dang. Ya beat me to it. Stoopid Mods get to have all the fun.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Over exaggeration by weather experts, saying catastrophic storm, a 100 or once in a century storm

Quote:Over exaggeration by weather experts, saying catastrophic storm, a 100 or once in a century storm

You realize it hasn't even hit yet, right? Lol

My satellite signal just dropped for about 30 seconds. Time to hunker down.

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2016, 12:34 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

Quote:You realize it hasn't even hit yet, right? Lol

But if you saw the coverage of the Florida cities it past, it didn't look that bad as the weatherman, governor Scott, made it out to be.

Took 5 hours to drive 120 miles last night.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Power outage. Garbage can blown into the side of my fence (no damage).

I currently have 33% battery on my phone. Gonna have to charge it in my truck.

The lid of my garbage can blew open. It was pretty scary.

Quote:But if you saw the coverage of the Florida cities it past, it didn't look that bad as the weatherman, governor Scott, made it out to be.
Monday morning quarterbacking is easy. Looking at models of a compact, intense storm with life-threatening implications and guessing where it's headed is not. While plenty like you will write it off as Deegan fishing for ratings by making it a doomsday scenario, the reality is that Matthew is likely to be about 60 miles offshore as it passes-about 30 miles outside of "doomsday scenario" territory.

842 people are thought to have been killed in Haiti. I'm sure that number will rise in the coming days.

Quote:842 people are thought to have been killed in Haiti. I'm sure that number will rise in the coming days.

All the people that die in Haiti any time anything happens, it's amazing in that anyone is left in that country at all!!

Looks like my power's out until Sunday.   But the cell towers are still up and I have all kinds of battery power.  

Quote:Looks like my power's out until Sunday.   But the cell towers are still up and I have all kinds of battery power.

That's good to hear!

Quote:That's good to hear!

I thought I'd get lucky as far as power, but things could be worse.

If there's a tree next to me, it's going down. I'd be surprised to see any tree still standing in my area once this is over

Quote:All the people that die in Haiti any time anything happens, it's amazing in that anyone is left in that country at all!!

Kinda like big accidents in China. The sheer death toll always blows me away.

Quote:Kinda like big accidents in China. The sheer death toll always blows me away.
Excellent choice of words. You get bonus points for working in hurricane related stuff.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Excellent choice of words. You get bonus points for working in hurricane related stuff.

Cheers for noticing. I'll quit while I'm up.