Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
1 Billion in Wall Funding

Day 1 after the end of the Mueller probe and were off to the races!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Cool, now the military gets to ignore the legally, Constitutionally passed budgets Congress sets as well.

All in favor of a military dictatorship with Trump in charge say, "Heil!"

(03-25-2019, 11:52 PM)TJBender Wrote: Cool, now the military gets to ignore the legally, Constitutionally passed budgets Congress sets as well.

Congress is not acting in the best interest of Americans because they hate Trump. I think people are OK with this TJ. I think you are too.

(03-25-2019, 11:25 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Day 1 after the end of the Mueller probe and were off to the races!!!

Also see where he wants to raise the debt ceiling again.  Where have all the fiscal conservatives gone?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(03-26-2019, 07:48 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-25-2019, 11:52 PM)TJBender Wrote: Cool, now the military gets to ignore the legally, Constitutionally passed budgets Congress sets as well.

Congress is not acting in the best interest of Americans because they hate Trump. I think people are OK with this TJ. I think you are too.

The Senate shall no longer be a concern of ours.  The regional governors have direct control of their territories.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-26-2019, 07:48 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

No, I'm not. I'm not ok with any government agency unilaterally deciding that they don't like the budget Congress legally, Constitutionally laid out for them, so they're going to make it up as they go along.

(03-26-2019, 09:15 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 07:48 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Congress is not acting in the best interest of Americans because they hate Trump. I think people are OK with this TJ. I think you are too.

No, I'm not. I'm not ok with any government agency unilaterally deciding that they don't like the budget Congress legally, Constitutionally laid out for them, so they're going to make it up as they go along.

If he can legally re-appropriate the funds, its not his fault.

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2019, 09:41 AM by B2hibry.)

(03-26-2019, 08:29 AM)copycat Wrote:
(03-25-2019, 11:25 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Day 1 after the end of the Mueller probe and were off to the races!!!

Also see where he wants to raise the debt ceiling again.  Where have all the fiscal conservatives gone?

That isn't how that works! The POTUS doesn't control legislation in favor of more spending. That would be Congress and the very individuals that are pushing to automatically increase debt limits as necessary because they don't want it to cause shutdowns due to their lack of fiscal responsibility. Too busy spending money on pet projects and fighting Trump. Trump has actually tried to fight to suspend raising the debt ceiling. Because he is at the mercy of Congress, he has had to sign bills with ceiling limit raising attached.

https://www.thebalance.com/u-s-debt-ceil...es-3305868
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(03-26-2019, 09:39 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 08:29 AM)copycat Wrote: Also see where he wants to raise the debt ceiling again.  Where have all the fiscal conservatives gone?

That isn't how that works! The POTUS doesn't control legislation in favor of more spending. That would be Congress and the very individuals that are pushing to automatically increase debt limits as necessary because they don't want it to cause shutdowns due to their lack of fiscal responsibility. Too busy spending money on pet projects and fighting Trump. Trump has actually tried to fight to suspend raising the debt ceiling. Because he is at the mercy of Congress, he has had to sign bills with ceiling limit raising attached.

I know how it works or doesn't in this case.  The Potus sets the tone, he is advocating an increase.  That's like handing an addict drugs and asking them not to use.

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(03-26-2019, 02:25 PM)copycat Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 09:39 AM)B2hibry Wrote: That isn't how that works! The POTUS doesn't control legislation in favor of more spending. That would be Congress and the very individuals that are pushing to automatically increase debt limits as necessary because they don't want it to cause shutdowns due to their lack of fiscal responsibility. Too busy spending money on pet projects and fighting Trump. Trump has actually tried to fight to suspend raising the debt ceiling. Because he is at the mercy of Congress, he has had to sign bills with ceiling limit raising attached.

I know how it works or doesn't in this case.  The Potus sets the tone, he is advocating an increase.  That's like handing an addict drugs and asking them not to use.
That does not appear to be the POTUS's tone whatsoever. In fact, quite the opposite as he would like to get rid of government waste in the form of Congressional pet projects. He deliberately calls out Congresses lack of appetite for spending restraint. He also seems to not want to place the debt burden on the American people through increased taxes. Your finger pointing is misdirected.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/up...fy2020.pdf

Wonder will the money they cut from the Special Olympics go towards the wall?

(03-26-2019, 10:51 PM)JackCity Wrote: Wonder will the money they cut from the Special Olympics go towards the wall?

If the Pentagon finances the Special Olympics, then maybe.

(03-26-2019, 11:05 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 10:51 PM)JackCity Wrote: Wonder will the money they cut from the Special Olympics go towards the wall?

If the Pentagon finances the Special Olympics, then maybe.

Ah I see. Where will the budgets savings from cutting special Olympics and disability funding go to?

(03-26-2019, 09:21 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 09:15 AM)TJBender Wrote: No, I'm not. I'm not ok with any government agency unilaterally deciding that they don't like the budget Congress legally, Constitutionally laid out for them, so they're going to make it up as they go along.

If he can legally re-appropriate the funds, its not his fault.

You know, if he's pulling it from the F-35 Joint Stupid Fail program, I'm almost ok with putting up a wall.

(03-26-2019, 03:08 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 02:25 PM)copycat Wrote: I know how it works or doesn't in this case.  The Potus sets the tone, he is advocating an increase.  That's like handing an addict drugs and asking them not to use.
That does not appear to be the POTUS's tone whatsoever. In fact, quite the opposite as he would like to get rid of government waste in the form of Congressional pet projects. He deliberately calls out Congresses lack of appetite for spending restraint. He also seems to not want to place the debt burden on the American people through increased taxes. Your finger pointing is misdirected.

"Numerous other issues will also be at play, including Trump’s demands for still more money for the border wall and the need to raise the federal government’s borrowing limit."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/nat...story.html

After re-reading this article, I can see where it would be easy to take the above quote one of two ways.  I still stand firmly behind my distaste for the never ending spending and the lack of a spine from the republican party when it comes to reigning in the out of control budget crisis.  They claim to be fiscally conservative right up until they get sworn into office.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019, 08:10 AM by B2hibry.)

(03-27-2019, 07:40 AM)copycat Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 03:08 PM)B2hibry Wrote: That does not appear to be the POTUS's tone whatsoever. In fact, quite the opposite as he would like to get rid of government waste in the form of Congressional pet projects. He deliberately calls out Congresses lack of appetite for spending restraint. He also seems to not want to place the debt burden on the American people through increased taxes. Your finger pointing is misdirected.

"Numerous other issues will also be at play, including Trump’s demands for still more money for the border wall and the need to raise the federal government’s borrowing limit."

After re-reading this article, I can see where it would be easy to take the above quote one of two ways.  I still stand firmly behind my distaste for the never ending spending and the lack of a spine from the republican party when it comes to reigning in the out of control budget crisis.  They claim to be fiscally conservative right up until they get sworn into office.
Can't open what you linked but reading the actual link I can tell it is someone reaching to give reason why that money that the Pentagon determined to give for the wall should be a no go. The quote I have no idea who said it or where it came from but I just gave you the POTUS budget FY2020 direct from the horses mouth. In any case, my issue is your constant need to blame Trump or Republican party. This is a House spending issue. This is not a "they claim to be fiscally conservative" matter. This is an overall Congressional matter. Even if you wanted to blame one party, all you have to do is look at the programs and budget requests so far and you'll clearly see the Dems blowing smoke up your [BLEEP]! Anyways beat this horse enough.

(03-27-2019, 08:10 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 07:40 AM)copycat Wrote: "Numerous other issues will also be at play, including Trump’s demands for still more money for the border wall and the need to raise the federal government’s borrowing limit."

Can't open what you linked but reading the actual link I can tell it is someone reaching to give reason why that money that the Pentagon determined to give for the wall should be a no go. The quote I have no idea who said it or where it came from but I just gave you the POTUS budget FY2020 direct from the horses mouth. In any case, my issue is your constant need to blame Trump or Republican party. This is a House spending issue. This is not a "they claim to be fiscally conservative" matter. This is an overall Congressional matter. Even if you wanted to blame one party, all you have to do is look at the programs and budget requests so far and you'll clearly see the Dems blowing smoke up your [BLEEP]! Anyways beat this horse enough.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/nat...ca18ac3265

My bad, try this link.  

As for the rest of your post, you clearly have me confused with someone else, especially the highlighted in blue.  I disagree with you in calling this a "House" spending issue as it is a governmental spending issue.  Yes I do hold the republican party more at fault here as they claim to be fiscally conservative yet act as irresponsible as the democrats to once they get elected.  As bad as the democratic party is as least on this one issue they make no bones about fiscal responsibility, they come right out tell you they don't care.

(03-26-2019, 11:15 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 11:05 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If the Pentagon finances the Special Olympics, then maybe.

Ah I see. Where will the budgets savings from cutting special Olympics and disability funding go to?

Just so I am clear, you are indirectly attempting to blame border wall funding for taking money away from the Special Olympics?

(03-27-2019, 08:55 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 11:15 PM)JackCity Wrote: Ah I see. Where will the budgets savings from cutting special Olympics and disability funding go to?

Just so I am clear, you are indirectly attempting to blame border wall funding for taking money away from the Special Olympics?

Not at all. It's just a very interesting dichotomy

(03-27-2019, 09:00 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 08:55 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Just so I am clear, you are indirectly attempting to blame border wall funding for taking money away from the Special Olympics?

Not at all. It's just a very interesting dichotomy

There are billions of dollars in waste, and for the record, I am not for funding being taken away from something as important as the SO, but if you want to nitpick government misspending, there are a million other places to start IMO.