Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Would you Think of this?

https://www.1010xl.com/2019/03/26/jaguar...ect-beast/

Not bad, IMO.

I don't think I would be that comfortable waiting so long for another RT, nor do I like only one OL in this class, but the first three picks should have huge impact for this team if they became Jaguars.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Some great players.

I'd have a hard time stomaching that passive of an approach to the O-Line though.

I'd probably be pretty upset about that draft in terms of 2019 impact. The offense needs too much help.

(03-26-2019, 09:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Some great players.

I'd have a hard time stomaching that passive of an approach to the O-Line though.

I'd probably be pretty upset about that draft in terms of 2019 impact.  The offense needs too much help.

I think this confidence the team is expressing in Richardson is smoke to a large degree.

Again I ask, what has he done in his short time here to warrant it?

(03-26-2019, 09:13 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 09:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Some great players.

I'd probably be pretty upset about that draft in terms of 2019 impact.  The offense needs too much help.

I think this confidence the team is expressing in Richardson is smoke to a large degree.

Again I ask, what has he done in his short time here to warrant it?

We don’t know how they rate him from what they got to evaluate, but it’s really hard  to imagine they wouldn’t add talent to the competition for that right side. 
Because, however they are rating him, they must know they haven’t seen enough be certain he’s a starter at RT. 

that’s my take anyway.

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2019, 09:47 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Hate it! No OG? Just a bunch of defensive players, a really good TE and a sucky RT. I just see more of the same crap we saw last season from a draft like this.

I want defense for pick 7 or Haskins it makes sense to get a de with how loaded it is at the top.
No Fun

Wouldnt like this draft at all. We need to give help to the offense

(03-26-2019, 09:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Wouldnt like this draft at all.  We need to give help to the offense

Sternberger gives the offense a lot of help.

Does this draft give ENOUGH help to the offense?  No, unless the team actually hit on either Prince (or Richardson from last year).

I'd be fine with a non Gary DL at 7, but backing that up with two more day 2 defensive players would be quite unwise.

If it was something like Sweat followed by McGary, Knox, and Isabella to round out day 2 I'd be thrilled w/ going pure BAP at 7.

(03-26-2019, 09:53 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 09:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Wouldnt like this draft at all.  We need to give help to the offense

Sternberger gives the offense a lot of help.

Does this draft give ENOUGH help to the offense?  No, unless the team actually hit on either Prince (or Richardson from last year).

I do like Sternberger but I want more offense early.

I would not be shocked at all if we go defense at 7. Not one bit.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-26-2019, 10:08 PM)Dimson Wrote: I would not be shocked at all if we go defense at 7. Not one bit.

I would be furious!

(03-26-2019, 10:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 10:08 PM)Dimson Wrote: I would not be shocked at all if we go defense at 7. Not one bit.

I would be furious!

Well this draft is very top heavy with defense and we are at the top of the draft. Yes, I want Hockenson as much as the next guy, but TEs rarely work out at the top of the first round. The last decent one was Vernon Davis.

(03-26-2019, 10:21 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 10:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I would be furious!

Well this draft is very top heavy with defense and we are at the top of the draft. Yes, I want Hockenson as much as the next guy, but TEs rarely work out at the top of the first round. The last decent one was Vernon Davis.

We only have like 4 TEs drafted in top of the first round in the last 20 years. 2 hit, 2 didn't

(03-26-2019, 10:21 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 10:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I would be furious!

If we don't fix the entire right side of the O-Line and give Foles a pass blocking safety net at TE, we have no chance at making the playoffs. The Colts have improved so much and will undoubtedly get even better after the draft that we are playing "catch up" to them and the Texans to a lesser degree. If we keep building an already strong defense, but continue to make the offense an afterthought, we'll never gain any ground. TE's may not always work out, but Hockenson is undoubtedly a top 10 player in this draft and when you have a huge need and a player worthy of that need in the draft, you just can't ignore that, because you're scared they might not work out. IMO, Hockenson is not only a top 10 talent, but he's also probably one of the top 10 safest picks in the draft, especially knowing how heavily Foles relies on his TE.

(03-26-2019, 09:56 PM)Upper Wrote: I'd be fine with a non Gary DL at 7, but backing that up with two more day 2 defensive players would be quite unwise.

If it was something like Sweat followed by McGary, Knox, and Isabella to round out day 2 I'd be thrilled w/ going pure BAP at 7.

This makes a lot of sense, and I could endorse such a strategy (though I don't see Isabella as a fit here.  To me, he has Patriot written all over him).

(03-26-2019, 11:08 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 09:56 PM)Upper Wrote: I'd be fine with a non Gary DL at 7, but backing that up with two more day 2 defensive players would be quite unwise.

This makes a lot of sense, and I could endorse such a strategy (though I don't see Isabella as a fit here.  To me, he has Patriot written all over him).

The Patriots sure love them some white wide receivers, lol.

(03-26-2019, 11:19 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 11:08 PM)Bullseye Wrote: This makes a lot of sense, and I could endorse such a strategy (though I don't see Isabella as a fit here.  To me, he has Patriot written all over him).

The Patriots sure love them some white wide receivers, lol.

Hey, it works like hell for them, though it has nothing to do with their whiteness.

They have identified a paradigm for their slot guys-smaller guys who run precise routes with quickness and excellent change of direction.  Wes Welker, Amendola, Edelman.  Troy Brown also fit that mold.

Isabella seems to be a cross between these guys and the pure speed of Dorsett (Phillip not Tony).

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019, 06:12 AM by The Real Marty.)

(03-26-2019, 09:06 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.1010xl.com/2019/03/26/jaguar...ect-beast/

Not bad, IMO.

I don't think I would be that comfortable waiting so long for another RT, nor do I like only one OL in this class, but the first three picks should have huge impact for this team if they became Jaguars.

I don't think this works.   The reason is, the way our defense is built, with our linebackers being so light, and having those two great corners, we do so much better against the pass than against the run.   That means we have to have the lead for this defense to play its best.   And that means, we need much more of a contribution from the offense.  What I'm saying is, the best way to help this defense isn't to add more defenders.   The best way to help this defense is to improve the offense.  

As we saw last year, this defense is not built to play without an offense.  We need to score more points so the Titans don't hand the ball to Derrick Henry 50 times a game.

So, if it's our turn to pick, and if the value of the defensive players available is much much more than the value of the offensive players available, then yes, I could see us going defense with a particular pick.  But all things being equal, we have to go offense in this draft.

(03-27-2019, 06:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 09:06 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.1010xl.com/2019/03/26/jaguar...ect-beast/

Not bad, IMO.

I don't think this works.   The reason is, the way our defense is built, with our linebackers being so light, and having those two great corners, we do so much better against the pass than against the run.   That means we have to have the lead for this defense to play its best.   And that means, we need much more of a contribution from the offense.  What I'm saying is, the best way to help this defense isn't to add more defenders.   The best way to help this defense is to improve the offense.  

As we saw last year, this defense is not built to play without an offense.  We need to score more points so the Titans don't hand the ball to Derrick Henry 50 times a game.

So, if it's our turn to pick, and if the value of the defensive players available is much much more than the value of the offensive players available, then yes, I could see us going defense with a particular pick.  But all things being equal, we have to go offense in this draft.

Great point ^  that gets overlooked sometimes in these defense vs offense draft discussions. 

Not only do we need the offensive pieces purely from a roster evaluation perspective, the defense can function in its most efficient capacity when the offense is keeping up or leading on the scoreboard. 

It's not a come from behind style of defense when facing teams that can run the ball effectively.