Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Would you Think of this?

Too defense-heavy for me. I'd be fine with a defensive player in the first OR second round, but not both.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wouldn't have any problem with Montez Sweat. Right now, it would be a toss-up between him and Hockenson. The rest of this mock is too heavy on defense, however.

Picks from the article:
1. DE Montez Sweat ...Not a bad pick to replace Fowler pass down production, and backup Ngakue. (A-)
2. FS Deionte Thompson FS ...Got to go offense here to help Foles, and Wilson has shown to be adequate. (C+)
3a. TE Jace Sternberger TE ...Need pick to compete, more of a move TE with limited blocking prowess. (B)
3b. DT Renell Wren DT ...measurables with mediocre limited performance, no OL by now? (D-)
4. OLB Germaine Pratt OLB ...one year starter with size and speed, still no OL? (C-)
6. RT Isaiah Prince RT ...experienced RT but no other spot versatility, backup quality only. (C+)
7. RB LJ Scott RB ...mediocre prospect and need pick to compete for Yeldon's vacant role. (C+)

I wouldn’t mind Sweat or even Josh Allen if he somehow fell to them. You’re talking about two elite players who play premier positions. DE will need to be addressed sooner than later anyway. Calais is probably playing his last year and you have to hedge your bet on the possibility of Yannick leaving as well thru FA. Not to mention the fact that we have absolutely no depth at our end position if either one were to miss extended playing time.

I am all but sold out on taking Hock, but I would totally understand if they go DE instead. As long as they don’t go DT again.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-27-2019, 02:48 PM)knarnn Wrote: I wouldn’t mind Sweat or even Josh Allen if he somehow fell to them. You’re talking about two elite players who play premier positions. DE will need to be addressed sooner than later anyway. Calais is probably playing his last year and you have to hedge your bet on the possibility of Yannick leaving as well thru FA. Not to mention the fact that we have absolutely no depth at our end position if either one were to miss extended playing time.

I am all but sold out on taking Hock, but I would totally understand if they go DE instead. As long as they don’t go DT again.
Unless Q Williams falls to 7.

If Q, Bosa or Allen fall to #7, Jags should pounce.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-27-2019, 03:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 02:48 PM)knarnn Wrote: I wouldn’t mind Sweat or even Josh Allen if he somehow fell to them. You’re talking about two elite players who play premier positions. DE will need to be addressed sooner than later anyway. Calais is probably playing his last year and you have to hedge your bet on the possibility of Yannick leaving as well thru FA. Not to mention the fact that we have absolutely no depth at our end position if either one were to miss extended playing time.

Unless Q Williams falls to 7.

If either of those 3 fall, you turn in your pick as soon as the commish gets done reading the Giants pick. Especially Bosa or Williams.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019, 04:41 PM by Upper.)

(03-27-2019, 03:56 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 03:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Unless Q Williams falls to 7.

If either of those 3 fall, you turn in your pick as soon as the commish gets done reading the Giants pick. Especially Bosa or Williams.

*whispers* I kind of like Sweat and Burns more than Allen.

But I'd be happy with any non Gary DL at 7 really.

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2019, 12:41 AM by Dimson.)

(03-27-2019, 04:41 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 03:56 PM)Dimson Wrote: If either of those 3 fall, you turn in your pick as soon as the commish gets done reading the Giants pick. Especially Bosa or Williams.

*whispers* I kind of like Sweat and Burns more than Allen.

But I'd be happy with any non Gary DL at 7 really.

To me it sounds like Allen would make a great 34 OLB. So I would definitely take Sweat over him and FSU players have been good to us recently, so I would probably take Burns too.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]