Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Drafttek.com latest mock

https://www.drafttek.com/2019-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

I can tell you a majority here would hate this draft.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-28-2019, 06:41 AM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.drafttek.com/2019-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

I can tell you a majority here would hate this draft.

I would be stoked. I love Williams.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2019, 08:18 AM by The Real Marty.)

Again, I don't think the best way to help the defense is to draft more defensive players.  The best way to help the defense is to get the offense going.   This defense specializes in rushing the passer and covering the receivers.   If the offense doesn't score more points, other teams will just wind up running the ball on us, because they won't be behind on the scoreboard.   But if we get ahead on the scoreboard, other teams will be forced to throw to catch up, and that is what our defense is built for.  

Look at last year.   Granted, there were a lot of injuries on offense, but the point still stands, every time our offense went 3 and out, the defense came back on the field and eventually they had their tongues hanging out and eventually, they couldn't stop anyone.   I'll bet if you ask our defensive players what is the best thing we can do for them they would all answer, score more points and stop giving the ball back to the other team.  

For gosh sakes, we lost to the Titans 9-6!   That's ridiculous.   And we beat the Colts 6-0!   Also ridiculous.   

That's why I don't like this draft.   I love Quinnen Williams, and if he is there, we should take him, but after that, we have to get some help for our offense.

He’s arguably the best player in this draft. I’m cool with it.

Wouldn't hate a Williams fall and pick.

Just gotta' do something like this afterward:

38 - TE or RT/RG
69 - ^ whichever you didn't get at 38
99 - RB2 or WR
110 - ^ whichever you didn't get at 99

(03-28-2019, 08:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Again, I don't think the best way to help the defense is to draft more defensive players.  The best way to help the defense is to get the offense going.   This defense specializes in rushing the passer and covering the receivers.   If the offense doesn't score more points, other teams will just wind up running the ball on us, because they won't be behind on the scoreboard.   But if we get ahead on the scoreboard, other teams will be forced to throw to catch up, and that is what our defense is built for.  

Look at last year.   Granted, there were a lot of injuries on offense, but the point still stands, every time our offense went 3 and out, the defense came back on the field and eventually they had their tongues hanging out and eventually, they couldn't stop anyone.   I'll bet if you ask our defensive players what is the best thing we can do for them they would all answer, score more points and stop giving the ball back to the other team.  

For gosh sakes, we lost to the Titans 9-6!   That's ridiculous.   And we beat the Colts 6-0!   Also ridiculous.   

That's why I don't like this draft.   I love Quinnen Williams, and if he is there, we should take him, but after that, we have to get some help for our offense.

Agreed

(03-28-2019, 08:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Again, I don't think the best way to help the defense is to draft more defensive players.  The best way to help the defense is to get the offense going.   This defense specializes in rushing the passer and covering the receivers.   If the offense doesn't score more points, other teams will just wind up running the ball on us, because they won't be behind on the scoreboard.   But if we get ahead on the scoreboard, other teams will be forced to throw to catch up, and that is what our defense is built for.  

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm also OK with picking Williams there but a safety over Lindstrom or Irv Smith? Then an edge guy over any number of talented offensive players like Samuel, McLaurin, Sternberger, etc. I, too, hate this draft after pick 1.

TRM is right, too, about the offense keeping the D off the field and having them come in fresh and hungry. Getting down 10 or 14-0 early is a death sentence- just run, run, run, eat the clock and wear down the defense. We need playmakers, we need to score.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

I like the Williams, Sternberger and Johnson picks. The rest I could do without.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Who ever wrote this draft hates Nick Foles, because they apparently want him to get injured. They barely touch the O-Line and when they do, it's late.

If Q.Williams is there...and you can't find a trade partner for him you have to take him. His potential is higher than just about anyone else in this class...then you pair him with Dareus this year to learn from and then Dareus walks next year.

1st: Q. Williams - DT - Alabama
2nd: C. Lindstrom - OG - Boston College
3rd: J. Ferguson - DE - LA Tech
3rd: J. Sternberger - TE - Texas A&M
4th: Y. Cajuste - OT - WVU
6th: D. Knox - TE - Ole Miss (Doubt he falls to our 3rd rounders much less 6th)
7th: T. Pollard - RB - Memphis

The WRs Corp doesn't get improved but I'd be pretty happy if it fell something like this.

First glance I didn't even see the other rounds. I understand the value at 7, but in the 2nd you don't take a safety and leave Lindstrom AND Irv on the board.

the rest of the picks are kinda 'meh', and I suspect the dominoes would fall completely differently in later rounds if we take either of Lindstrom or Smith in the 2nd.

You don't pass up Quinnen Williams in that scenario

(03-28-2019, 10:12 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: If Q.Williams is there...and you can't find a trade partner for him you have to take him.  His potential is higher than just about anyone else in this class...then you pair him with Dareus this year to learn from and then Dareus walks next year.

3rd:  J. Sternberger - TE - Texas A&M
6th: D. Knox - TE - Ole Miss  (Doubt he falls to our 3rd rounders much less 6th)

The WRs Corp doesn't get improved but I'd be pretty happy if it fell something like this.
I totally agree with your draft. This would be close to an ideal draft in that we get the best defensive tackle and guard in the draft followed by 2 tight ends with high ceilings. Throw in Ferguson and Cajuste who'd both be steals when picked and you have an A+ draft. 

As much as I love Hockenson, no way they could pass on Williams. I wish they could have also taken a free safety to challenge Wilson and a wide receiver, but I can't find a spot in your draft where I'd do this! With this draft, the Jaguars would not only keep their playoff window open but would extend it by drafting 2 defensive studs who could replace Dareus and help fill the void of losing Calais after next season. 

All that being said, the Jags will need a couple of their current receivers to step up (hopefully Chark and Conley) and for Fournette to get his act together or this great draft class won't get them back to the playoffs next season.

Great job!

(03-28-2019, 10:12 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: If Q.Williams is there...and you can't find a trade partner for him you have to take him.  His potential is higher than just about anyone else in this class...then you pair him with Dareus this year to learn from and then Dareus walks next year.

6th: D. Knox - TE - Ole Miss  (Doubt he falls to our 3rd rounders much less 6th)

I'd like this have Willams bulk up and take Dareus spot next year.  Ferguson-Bryan-Williams-Yannick would be a nasty dline for years to come

Totally plausible and outside of taking Haskins at 7 I don't know how much better it could get... I would probably prefer an OT over Lindstrom, but its being very nitpicky, I love Lindstrom too

I'd go:

7. Quinnen Williams DT

38. Chris Lindstrom OG

69. Darnell Savage FS

98. Jace Sternberger TE

109. Yodny Cajuste OT

178. Ryan Finley QB

236. Carl Granderson DE
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,