Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
My post-FA 4 round mock

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/zqG10TsE9Z

I used the TDN.com tool and made the selections for every team, it's a nice and easy way to do a mock draft if anyone fancies it. 

This is what I think will happen, not necessarily what I would do (although I definitely would be happy with this).

Jags Picks:

1.7 - Jags decide to invest heavily in the OL and draft a RT who can start and play at a high level right away: Jawan Taylor from Florida.
2.38 - If TE Irv Smith were still there he would probably be the pick, but he's not so Jags continue building that O-line, this time with a RG who can start and play at high level right away: Chris Lindstrom from BC. The O-line has gone from a weakness to a strength.
3.69 - Jags pray that he drops to here and he does, Jags take a TE who should immediately improve the running game and passing game. Think of him as Hockenson-lite: TE Dawson Knox from Ole Miss.
3.98 - Even with Nick Foles on board, the Jags still intend to have a reliable and powerful running game, and there is shockingly little depth behind LF. Jags take one of the most dynamic backs in the class: RB Darrell Henderson from Memphis.
4.103 - To complete the offensive overhaul, Jags take a long aerial threat who is a technical route runner and end-zone threat, my personal draft crush: WR Antoine Wesley from Texas Tech.

Thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Don't mind it one bit, not my ideal but a Cam/Norwell/Linder/Lindstrom/Taylor OL is really something I'd look forward to seeing. Don;t know much about Knox though

(03-28-2019, 02:02 PM)JNev Wrote: Don't mind it one bit, not my ideal but a Cam/Norwell/Linder/Lindstrom/Taylor OL is really something I'd look forward to seeing. Don;t know much about Knox though

The skinny on Knox is that he appears to be a talented all-around TE who was massively under-used at Ole Miss due to the playbook they run and the incredible talent they had at WR. Graded very well at run blocking according to PFF, and tested well at the combine. Looks like he could be a vertical threat down the seam and add value to the run game. Only problem is that he was used so little in college that there's a lot of projection when it comes to the next step...

(03-28-2019, 02:56 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 02:02 PM)JNev Wrote: Don't mind it one bit, not my ideal but a Cam/Norwell/Linder/Lindstrom/Taylor OL is really something I'd look forward to seeing. Don;t know much about Knox though

The skinny on Knox is that he appears to be a talented all-around TE who was massively under-used at Ole Miss due to the playbook they run and the incredible talent they had at WR. Graded very well at run blocking according to PFF, and tested well at the combine. Looks like he could be a vertical threat down the seam and add value to the run game. Only problem is that he was used so little in college that there's a lot of projection when it comes to the next step...

I have had a dream of us landing Hockenson and Knox. Oh what a sweet, sweet dream it was.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Would be really nice overall if the 1st rounder were any of Haskins, Hockenson, Metcalf, Dillard, Sweat, Burns, or Oliver instead of Taylor.

As an Ole Miss alum, I got to painfully watch all the Offensive talent get wasted by a Division 2 OC that should have stayed down there.

The Offense had the following NFL quality talent:

3 WRs: Metcalf/Brown/Lodge
2 RBs: Wilkins (Colts drafted last year) / Scottie Phillips (who will come out next year and I like him more than I did Wilkins)
3 OL: Little/Patterson will be drafted this year and A. Givens is a stud of a RT who will most likely come out next year
1 TE: D. Knox
2 QB: S. Patterson/J. Taamu

Yet they sucked against any competent Defense b/c the OC scheme was trash.  He was quoted saying his playbook is around 15 plays and that he likes to let the WRs/QB improvise after the snap.  Once the C/RG/RT got injured, Taamu basically locked onto Brown and force fed him too many passes while ignoring other pieces.

But as for Knox, I actually like him better as an all around TE than Evan Engram.  He can run the routes and after his pro day tomorrow will show off his speed and is a damn good blocker.  Engram was a willing blocker but just lacked the size/bulk whereas Knox is a hoss.

BlueEyedJag- your comments on DaMarkus Lodge?
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(03-28-2019, 05:50 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:

As an Ole Miss alum, I got to painfully watch all the Offensive talent get wasted by a Division 2 OC that should have stayed down there.

2 RBs: Wilkins (Colts drafted last year) / Scottie Phillips (who will come out next year and I like him more than I did Wilkins)
3 OL: Little/Patterson will be drafted this year and A. Givens is a stud of a RT who will most likely come out next year

Yet they sucked against any competent Defense b/c the OC scheme was trash.  He was quoted saying his playbook is around 15 plays and that he likes to let the WRs/QB improvise after the snap.  Once the C/RG/RT got injured, Taamu basically locked onto Brown and force fed him too many passes while ignoring other pieces.

But as for Knox, I actually like him better as an all around TE than Evan Engram.  He can run the routes and after his pro day tomorrow will show off his speed and is a damn good blocker.  Engram was a willing blocker but just lacked the size/bulk whereas Knox is a hoss.

How do you feel about Little?  I was a Little fan but the more i watched him im not so much now

(03-28-2019, 06:29 PM)PF* Wrote: BlueEyedJag- your comments on DaMarkus Lodge?

I like Lodge a lot more than most.  I think he would be a nice pick in the 4th.

He was the most polished route runner of the Ole Miss WR corp and I feel like he had the best hands as well.  

I felt watching that he was the faster/deep threat than Metcalf and that could be due to getting better releases than Metcalf.

He was basically a bust until this year and the 2nd half of last year just not seeming to take working on his craft seriously.  I think Brown/Metcalf who have the craziest work ethics really got him to snap out of his lacksidasical mood when they came in as True Freshman and took his spot.

If you can only watch 1 game to get a feel for Lodge watch the Vanderbilt game from this year.  He basically put the O on his shoulders making clutch catches while injured.

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2019, 07:22 PM by BlueEyedJag.)

(03-28-2019, 06:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 05:50 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: As an Ole Miss alum, I got to painfully watch all the Offensive talent get wasted by a Division 2 OC that should have stayed down there.

How do you feel about Little?  I was a Little fan but the more i watched him im not so much now
Well he isn't Tunsil...who I really wanted.  Still dont understand how a guy that never gave up a sack in his 3 years fell so far.

I think Little is going to make a really nice LT in the right scheme.  I felt his pass protection was always on point but he didn't get much push in the run game.  Maybe a zone scheme would be his best opportunity to succeed. He definitely doesnt have that mean streak that Tunsil had.

I wouldn't be terribly upset if we took him in the 2nd but I just think there will be other better options for us. If he is still around in the 3rd I think you have to take him...he was projected as a top 10 pick after his Sophmore season and his play stayed pretty much the same.

As far as off the field the dude is a nice as can be and really involved with the community so I don't think he would ever be one to worry about off the field and his ego won't get out of control...I could see that being an issue with Brown/Lodge but Metcalf and Little are really down to earth and wouldn't do anything to embarrass themselves.

Unless you count the "marking the endzone" by Metcalf against MS State.

(03-28-2019, 07:17 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 06:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: How do you feel about Little?  I was a Little fan but the more i watched him im not so much now
Well he isn't Tunsil...who I really wanted.  Still dont understand how a guy that never gave up a sack in his 3 years fell so far.

I think Little is going to make a really nice LT in the right scheme.  I felt his pass protection was always on point but he didn't get much push in the run game.  Maybe a zone scheme would be his best opportunity to succeed. He definitely doesnt have that mean streak that Tunsil had.

As far as off the field the dude is a nice as can be and really involved with the community so I don't think he would ever be one to worry about off the field and his ego won't get out of control...I could see that being an issue with Brown/Lodge but Metcalf and Little are really down to earth and wouldn't do anything to embarrass themselves.

Ok, thanks. I dont think Little is what we want in a tackle.  Tunsil fell because he was on video smoking weed in a mask right before the draft

(03-28-2019, 07:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 07:17 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Well he isn't Tunsil...who I really wanted.  Still dont understand how a guy that never gave up a sack in his 3 years fell so far.

Ok, thanks. I dont think Little is what we want in a tackle.  Tunsil fell because he was on video smoking weed in a mask right before the draft

I mean I know the whole video crap that happened but if he passed all the test who cares about an old video...the Dolphins reaped the benefit and have their LT for the next 10 years.

(03-28-2019, 07:08 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 06:29 PM)PF* Wrote: BlueEyedJag- your comments on DaMarkus Lodge?

I like Lodge a lot more than most.  I think he would be a nice pick in the 4th.

He was the most polished route runner of the Ole Miss WR corp and I feel like he had the best hands as well.  

I felt watching that he was the faster/deep threat than Metcalf and that could be due to getting better releases than Metcalf.

He was basically a bust until this year and the 2nd half of last year just not seeming to take working on his craft seriously.  I think Brown/Metcalf who have the craziest work ethics really got him to snap out of his lacksidasical mood when they came in as True Freshman and took his spot.

If you can only watch 1 game to get a feel for Lodge watch the Vanderbilt game from this year.  He basically put the O on his shoulders making clutch catches while injured.

Thanks, nice to have a little inside look.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(03-28-2019, 07:26 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 07:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ok, thanks. I dont think Little is what we want in a tackle.  Tunsil fell because he was on video smoking weed in a mask right before the draft

I mean I know the whole video crap that happened but if he passed all the test who cares about an old video...the Dolphins reaped the benefit and have their LT for the next 10 years.

yeah, he has kind of been a disappointment imo though. He has only been in the league a few years but i thought he would be more dominant