Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Safety at the top of round 2

Even if you like what Jarrod Wilson has flashed (I do) I think safety is still a need for us. 

What say you all on taking a safety like Darnell Savage or Juan Thornhill at the top of the 2nd? Would be tough for me considering what other prospects may be there but having one of them paired with Ronnie would make us so dynamic.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't think this is going to be a very popular idea.

(03-29-2019, 08:49 PM)Upper Wrote: I don't think this is going to be a very popular idea.

Either do I , what do you think of it? 

Would have liked someone like Iloka in FA for a vet there but he went elsewhere. I guess Wilson has the benefit of knowing the scheme a lot more than a rookie but he feels more like a bandaid type than any sort of difference maker at safety.

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2019, 10:09 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-29-2019, 08:36 PM)JackCity Wrote: Even if you like what Jarrod Wilson has flashed (I do) I think safety is still a need for us. 

What say you all on taking a safety like Darnell Savage or Juan Thornhill at the top of the 2nd? Would be tough for me considering what other prospects may be there but having one of them paired with Ronnie would make us so dynamic.

I think Thornhill will be there in the 3rd and Savage may not get drafted at all. I have the BIG Ten Network and watched him get burnt all year long. He is super athletic, but he lacks any kind of instincts. He's Sean Davis 2.0. I believe we target a Safety in the 3rd. Possibly Thornhill or Hooker from Iowa.

Gardner and Adderley for me

(03-29-2019, 10:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 08:36 PM)JackCity Wrote: Even if you like what Jarrod Wilson has flashed (I do) I think safety is still a need for us. 

I think Thornhill will be there in the 3rd and Savage may not get drafted at all. I have the BIG Ten Network and watched him get burnt all year long. He is super athletic, but he lacks any kind of instincts. He's Sean Davis 2.0. I believe we target a Safety in the 3rd. Possibly Thornhill or Hooker from Iowa.

In what world does Darnell Savage not get drafted? 

As for getting "burnt" all year, he allowed a passer rating of 38 in coverage this year. 

Again , some of your draft takes have no basis in reality

I'd be good with Savage or Thornhill in the 3rd. Not with our 2nd

(03-29-2019, 10:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd be good with Savage or Thornhill in the 3rd.  Not with our 2nd

I'd like that too, just doubtful they'll be there

(03-29-2019, 10:53 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 10:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd be good with Savage or Thornhill in the 3rd.  Not with our 2nd

I'd like that too, just doubtful they'll be there

Nobody ever thought Harrison would of been there when we picked in the 3rd last year.  I think one of them will be there

(03-29-2019, 10:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 10:53 PM)JackCity Wrote: I'd like that too, just doubtful they'll be there

Nobody ever thought Harrison would of been there when we picked in the 3rd last year.  I think one of them will be there

That's very true

(03-29-2019, 10:47 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 10:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I think Thornhill will be there in the 3rd and Savage may not get drafted at all. I have the BIG Ten Network and watched him get burnt all year long. He is super athletic, but he lacks any kind of instincts. He's Sean Davis 2.0. I believe we target a Safety in the 3rd. Possibly Thornhill or Hooker from Iowa.

In what world does Darnell Savage not get drafted? 

As for getting "burnt" all year, he allowed a passer rating of 38 in coverage this year. 

Did you actually watch him play any games this past season or are you just reading stat lines? I watched him against Ohio State, Michigan State and Penn State. He was terrible.

(03-29-2019, 11:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 10:47 PM)JackCity Wrote: In what world does Darnell Savage not get drafted? 

Did you actually watch him play any games this past season or are you just reading stat lines? I watched him against Ohio State, Michigan State and Penn State. He was terrible.

Yeah I've seen him play around 6 games. Didn't see him get burnt much , the stats back that up. 

You saying he might not get drafted just proves you don't know much about him , just like Jeffrey Simmons.

(03-29-2019, 11:51 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 11:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Did you actually watch him play any games this past season or are you just reading stat lines? I watched him against Ohio State, Michigan State and Penn State. He was terrible.

Yeah I've seen him play around 6 games. Didn't see him get burnt much , the stats back that up. 

You saying he might not get drafted just proves you don't know much about him , just like Jeffrey Simmons.

Which games? 
I said "might". I wouldn't draft him, but anything is possible. The Steelers took Terrell Edmunds in the first round last year and we drafted Tanner Lee, so who knows what teams are thinking? I'd be shocked if he went before round 5 though. And I still say, Jeffrey Simmons will get drafted as a NT. I believe he will go to the Pats.

(03-30-2019, 02:01 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 11:51 PM)JackCity Wrote: Yeah I've seen him play around 6 games. Didn't see him get burnt much , the stats back that up. 

Which games? 
I said "might". I wouldn't draft him, but anything is possible. The Steelers took Terrell Edmunds in the first round last year and we drafted Tanner Lee, so who knows what teams are thinking? I'd be shocked if he went before round 5 though. And I still say, Jeffrey Simmons will get drafted as a NT. I believe he will go to the Pats.

Ohio state, Michigan , Texas , Temple , Indiana , and Bowling Green. 

Lol ok cool

(03-30-2019, 04:05 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-30-2019, 02:01 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Which games? 

Ohio state, Michigan , Texas , Temple , Indiana , and Bowling Green. 

Lol ok cool

How could you possibly watch that Ohio State game and still think the guy is a good player?

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2019, 05:53 AM by JackCity.)

(03-30-2019, 05:13 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-30-2019, 04:05 AM)JackCity Wrote: Ohio state, Michigan , Texas , Temple , Indiana , and Bowling Green. 

Lol ok cool

How could you possibly watch that Ohio State game and still think the guy is a good player?

The game he made several huge tackles , stopped a TD in the end zone and created the biggest turnover of the game? He played well bar two missed tackles in pursuit. And besides one game sample don't mean a player is good or bad.

(03-29-2019, 11:51 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 11:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Did you actually watch him play any games this past season or are you just reading stat lines? I watched him against Ohio State, Michigan State and Penn State. He was terrible.

He said he wouldnt draft the number 1 overall pick but he would trade the farm for a question at QB.  All you need to know

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2019, 10:14 AM by PF*.)

Love the back and forth you guys provide on draft eligible players, it's very informative and more interesting than just reading cold, one paragraph blurbs. When you keep it above fighting an petty insults, it is truly entertaining and informative whether you are right or wrong.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

I like the idea of safety early if one drops, but don't force it. Adderley in the second would be great, Thornhill in the third would be great. Both of them have the profile to fit perfectly into Gipson's old role.

(03-30-2019, 07:51 AM)PF* Wrote: Love the back and fortdh you guys provide on draft eligible players, it's very informative and more interesting than just reading cold, one paragraph blurbs. When you keep it above fighting an petty insults, it is truly entertaining and informative whether you are right or wrong.

I do. I'm more mature than to "go low." The insults are all coming from the other end, because they have nothing else to debate with.