Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rotoworld Draft Analysis: Jaguars

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/draft-...ds-jaguars

I think they did a nice job diagnosing what we need on this writeup. Obviously I disagree with the Taylor pick at 7, and admittedly don't know much about the DE they have us taking at 69...but Deebo and Moreau would be quite nice.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't like this draft at all. Taylor would not be my choice in the first round and the only pick that's decent is Samuel. Looks alot like a Gene Smith draft- too many small school or unheralded players.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2019, 08:01 PM by JackCity.)

(03-30-2019, 07:40 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I don't like this draft at all. Taylor would not be my choice in the first round and the only pick that's decent is Samuel. Looks alot like a Gene Smith draft- too many small school or unheralded players.
Most of the players played for big schools, Gene could never

Very underwhelming draft though. Maybe it's just because I don't like Deebo

(03-30-2019, 08:01 PM)JackCity Wrote: Very underwhelming draft though. Maybe it's just because I don't like Deebo

You weren't one of the dudes saying you'd love having Deebo on our team after he lit fire to everyone at the Senior Bowl? I remember there being a lot of people who did.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2019, 09:30 PM by JackCity.)

(03-30-2019, 08:53 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-30-2019, 08:01 PM)JackCity Wrote: Very underwhelming draft though. Maybe it's just because I don't like Deebo

You weren't one of the dudes saying you'd love having Deebo on our team after he lit fire to everyone at the Senior Bowl? I remember there being a lot of people who did.

Unfortunately not, I think the Senior Bowl led to people overvaluing how good his route running actually is.

I think his role is pretty defined in the NFL and his floor is higher than most. Just prefer a lot of other WRs in that round 2-3 range

I like Deebo but I'd rather have Metcalf, Brown, Harry, Butler, and possibly Isabella and Brown over him

BUT if your goal is to just to get as much talent /playmaking on the field as possible for Foles then I see how Deebo makes sense, even if I think other archetypes are what our WR room needs more

(03-30-2019, 09:45 PM)JackCity Wrote: BUT if your goal is to just to get as much talent /playmaking on the field as possible for Foles then I see how Deebo makes sense, even if I think other archetypes are what our WR room needs more

He very much fits the NFL trend of agile WRs that excel at finding space and piling on YAC.

Deebo has shown in college skills that tend to correlate and its being able to separate in college tends to translate to NFL because it shows technique and fundamentals in route running. We have a QB that can hit recievers in stride now on the separation point so maybe taking someone like that wouldn't be horrible
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Deebo kinda reminds me of DJ Moore from last year. I think he will be good but never elite. A few of the other guys I feel have the chance to be elite

(03-31-2019, 07:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Deebo kinda reminds me of DJ Moore from last year.  I think he will be good but never elite.  A few of the other guys I feel have the chance to be elite
DJ is going to be an absolute monster.

Yup DJ Moore was a game breaker the second half of the season. If you think Deebo is like Moore you sprint to take him at 38.

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2019, 12:18 PM by JackCity.)

Kelvin Harmon, Deebo, Campbell.

Who you taking at #38?

I like Harmons tape the most but his testing gives me ? marks about just how good he can be. Still, I can see a world where he's a high volume #1 at the next level.

As mentioned above Deebo is a playmaker but I think he's more a good #2/3. Probably a consistent 600-800 yards a year guy.

Campbell is obviously a freak but he's a projection outside his very defined role at Ohio State. Can he do Deebos role but better at the next level? Wouldn't be a shocker.

Tough choices

Deebo of those 3, but there are others that would make it harder. Either Brown, or Boykin for example.

(03-31-2019, 11:24 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-31-2019, 07:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Deebo kinda reminds me of DJ Moore from last year.  I think he will be good but never elite.  A few of the other guys I feel have the chance to be elite
DJ is going to be an absolute monster.

Shocker the Mayland thinks hes gonna be a monster.  Good but I dont think hell ever be a top 5 WR.  Some of the other guys I think has a chance

Guys why don’t we take Metcalf at 7. Then Deebo at 38. McLaurin with our 1st third rd pick. Isabella if he’s there with the 2nd third. Who cares that we already have 4 WRs already, rookie WRs are well known for their instant game changing impact

(03-31-2019, 05:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-31-2019, 11:24 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: DJ is going to be an absolute monster.

Shocker the Mayland thinks hes gonna be a monster.  Good but I dont think hell ever be a top 5 WR.  Some of the other guys I think has a chance
Shocked but I'm definitely not the only one.

Also, who said he needs to be top 5? OBJ, Julio, Adams, Hopkins and Brown. That's an almost impossible top 5 to break into. Then you add in Diggs, Evans, Thielan, Hill, Juju and that's top 10.

Moore can be a very good WR and still not be considered top 5 or top 10.

(03-31-2019, 12:15 PM)JackCity Wrote: Kelvin Harmon, Deebo, Campbell.

Who you taking at #38?

I'd go Harmon, Deebo and Campbell in that order. All would be behind both Brown's, but doubtful either will escape round 1. My 2nd round target remains Lindstrom after taking Hockenson in the first. If Lindstrom is gone, I'd go McGary followed by one of the safeties (Adderley or Chauncey). Should get one of these, but if not then I'd go receiver.

With some additional WR coaching, I would take Campbell first, then Deebo and Harmon. I love Harmon's swagger, but his 4.6 and 32 inch vertical downgrade him for me in transitioning to the NFL.