Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Multiple Dem Reps Replace POW/MIA Flag With Transgender Pride Flag

Multiple Dem Reps Replace POW/MIA Flag With Transgender Pride Flag

Last week, some congressional Democrats reportedly replaced the POW/MIA flags outside their offices with transgender pride flags prior to the celebration of International Transgender Day of Visibility on March 31, according to The Washington Free Beacon.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/45377/mul...aign=cnews
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Of all the things the left has done, this has to be the silliest

I don't want to offend anyone with this question, but what are those POW/MIA flags for anyway? What is the purpose of them?

(04-01-2019, 03:10 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't want to offend anyone with this question, but what are those POW/MIA flags for anyway?   What is the purpose of them?

You Are Not Forgotten.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I'd never fly the "trans" flag but if it was just for a day, I don't see the big deal.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-01-2019, 03:10 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't want to offend anyone with this question, but what are those POW/MIA flags for anyway?   What is the purpose of them?

Prisoner of war/Missing in Action

(04-03-2019, 05:15 AM)Jags Wrote:

Prisoner of war/Missing in Action

I know that, but are there prisoners of war out there?  I'm not aware of any.  So what's so sacred about that flag, anyway, that people would get all riled up when someone temporarily moves it to an office because of a limitation of the number of flags they can fly?

A couple of evenings ago I spotted one of those loud, lifted trucks with big tires and sporting the Carolina squat. In the bed was a flagpole flying a U.S. flag which was lit by a light mounted in the bed. My eyes almost got stuck in the roll position. Just a bit much.

(04-04-2019, 10:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 05:15 AM)Jags Wrote: Prisoner of war/Missing in Action

I know that, but are there prisoners of war out there?  I'm not aware of any.  So what's so sacred about that flag, anyway, that people would get all riled up when someone temporarily moves it to an office because of a limitation of the number of flags they can fly?

How many "pride" days are there? How is this any different from replacing it for one day with a rebel flag on "Confederacy Pride Day."

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2019, 01:14 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(04-04-2019, 10:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 05:15 AM)Jags Wrote: Prisoner of war/Missing in Action

There are still missing soldiers from Vietnam, Korea and now the Middle East.

Prisoners? We don't know. Probably were executed.

(04-01-2019, 02:25 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Multiple Dem Reps Replace POW/MIA Flag With Transgender Pride Flag

Last week, some congressional Democrats reportedly replaced the POW/MIA flags outside their offices with transgender pride flags prior to the celebration of International Transgender Day of Visibility on March 31, according to The Washington Free Beacon.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/45377/mul...aign=cnews

What I don't like about this specifically...

I bet the politicians are laughing about it with eachother, "I don't give a crap about [expletive deleted] but holy crap will our moronic base eat it up!"

For the younguns that have no idea why that specific flag is so important, Its a military thing. If you've never been there, you can't understand. I'm not trying to be nasty or rude or insinuate anyone reading this is stupid, but if you have never served in the military you can never know how deep the bond between former military people goes even for people ypu have never heard of. The Vietnam veterans are probably the most tight knit group of people you will ever find.

(04-04-2019, 11:07 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(04-04-2019, 10:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I know that, but are there prisoners of war out there?  I'm not aware of any.  So what's so sacred about that flag, anyway, that people would get all riled up when someone temporarily moves it to an office because of a limitation of the number of flags they can fly?

How many "pride" days are there? How is this any different from replacing it for one day with a rebel flag on "Confederacy Pride Day."

The fact that you just equated this with the Confederacy proves just how ignorant you are on the topic.

I don't fully understand the trans movement at all, and I don't really agree with it.  But people are attacked all the time for it, so a day of visibility and peace seems fine.

(04-04-2019, 03:29 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(04-04-2019, 11:07 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: How many "pride" days are there? How is this any different from replacing it for one day with a rebel flag on "Confederacy Pride Day."

The fact that you just equated this with the Confederacy proves just how ignorant you are on the topic.

I don't fully understand the trans movement at all, and I don't really agree with it.  But people are attacked all the time for it, so a day of visibility and peace seems fine.

Since you clearly don't understand an argument ad absurdum, I'll forgive you for the "ignorant" insult.

There are a lot of legitimate concerns about the trans movement, but that's not my point. My point was that if you allow replacing a MIA/POW flag just because it's a reason you support, how is that any different than replacing it for a reason you oppose? Once you've opened the door here, wouldn't there be hundreds of activist for various issues demanding their own flag day?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(04-04-2019, 06:38 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(04-04-2019, 03:29 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: The fact that you just equated this with the Confederacy proves just how ignorant you are on the topic.

Since you clearly don't understand an argument ad absurdum, I'll forgive you for the "ignorant" insult.

There are a lot of legitimate concerns about the trans movement, but that's not my point. My point was that if you allow replacing a MIA/POW flag just because it's a reason you support, how is that any different than replacing it for a reason you oppose? Once you've opened the door here, wouldn't there be hundreds of activist for various issues demanding their own flag day?

Out of curiosity, who "allows" members of Congress to hang some flags but not others outside of their offices? Let them fly whatever flag they want to. If it kills their chances of national office or angers their constituents and gets them voted out in disgrace, that's on them.

(04-04-2019, 03:29 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(04-04-2019, 11:07 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: How many "pride" days are there? How is this any different from replacing it for one day with a rebel flag on "Confederacy Pride Day."

Could that statement also cover the sons of the confederacy?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(04-04-2019, 01:45 PM)wrong_box Wrote: For the younguns that have no idea why that specific flag is so important, Its a military thing. If you've never been there, you can't understand. I'm not trying to be nasty or rude or insinuate anyone reading this is stupid, but if you have never served in the military you can never know how deep the bond between former military people goes even for people ypu have never heard of. The Vietnam veterans are probably the most tight knit group of people you will ever find.

This. As a veteran a can attest to this. You explained it perfectly.

(04-04-2019, 06:52 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(04-04-2019, 06:38 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Since you clearly don't understand an argument ad absurdum, I'll forgive you for the "ignorant" insult.

Out of curiosity, who "allows" members of Congress to hang some flags but not others outside of their offices? Let them fly whatever flag they want to. If it kills their chances of national office or angers their constituents and gets them voted out in disgrace, that's on them.

Exactly. How about no flags at all? Just the representative's name on the door.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-05-2019, 09:23 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-04-2019, 06:52 PM)TJBender Wrote: Out of curiosity, who "allows" members of Congress to hang some flags but not others outside of their offices? Let them fly whatever flag they want to. If it kills their chances of national office or angers their constituents and gets them voted out in disgrace, that's on them.

Exactly. How about no flags at all? Just the representative's name on the door.
Representatives are not required to display flags. If they do, they must abide by posted Senate rules/policy which states only three flag options (US, State and POW), how to display, and when to remove them (end of duty day).
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(04-05-2019, 10:04 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-05-2019, 09:23 AM)mikesez Wrote: Exactly. How about no flags at all? Just the representative's name on the door.
Representatives are not required to display flags. If they do, they must abide by posted Senate rules/policy which states only three flag options (US, State and POW), how to display, and when to remove them (end of duty day).

And why should they be restricted to those three? If a member of Congress wants to hang their own noose by throwing a Nazi flag out there, why stop them?

(04-05-2019, 01:09 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(04-05-2019, 10:04 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Representatives are not required to display flags. If they do, they must abide by posted Senate rules/policy which states only three flag options (US, State and POW), how to display, and when to remove them (end of duty day).

And why should they be restricted to those three? If a member of Congress wants to hang their own noose by throwing a Nazi flag out there, why stop them?

This isn't Nam, Bender. There are rules man.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato