Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags exploring veteran RB depth

https://www.lockedonjaguars.com/jaguars/...unningham/

I would still much rather them take a RB in the draft considering how deep this years class is. You will be able to find quality players with bargain draft capital.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2019, 04:17 PM by JagSwag.)

We just announced Alfred Blue on a one year deal.

(04-01-2019, 04:15 PM)JagSwag Wrote: We just announced Alfred Blue on a one year deal.

https://twitter.com/jaguars/status/11128...40064?s=21

Meh, Blue is a low end back up

Not a bad signing. If Grant's prognosis is good, I hope they bring him back as well as draft someone between rounds 4-7.

I was hoping this was an April Fool's joke

3.6 ypc career average and only 2 td's in his career. Why?
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(04-01-2019, 04:55 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I was hoping this was an April Fool's joke

Because he probably signed for close to the league minimum, and even if we do bring Grant back and draft a kid, that still leaves us with one unknown (Williams), one kid and one guy who can't stay healthy behind Fournette.

Is Thomas Rawls still on the roster?

I don't have that warm fuzzy feeling concerning the depth at the RB position.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(04-01-2019, 05:07 PM)JagSwag Wrote: Is Thomas Rawls still on the roster?

Yes, but he's not someone you can really count on. Too many injuries and too much time missed.

(04-01-2019, 05:20 PM)NH3 Wrote: I don't have that warm fuzzy feeling concerning the depth at the RB position.

NH3...

Nor do I, especially when you consider that one of those guys is going to wind up starting a few games after Fournette gets himself suspended again.

For a ‘run-first’ team we don’t seem very well equipped to run the ball!

(04-01-2019, 05:34 PM)JagSwag Wrote: For a ‘run-first’ team we don’t seem very well equipped to run the ball!

Lol. Good point.

What about Duke Johnson? He reportedly wants out of Cleveland.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2019, 06:59 PM by ATLjag.)

Not an Alfred Blue fan. He's versatile, but has been a mediocre RB. I still think they draft a later round RB to compete for the primary backup/rotation role.

(04-01-2019, 06:58 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Not an Alfred Blue fan.  He's versatile, but has been a mediocre RB.  I still think they draft a later round RB to compete for the primary backup/rotation role.

Blue is not a medicore RB

(04-01-2019, 04:15 PM)JagSwag Wrote: We just announced Alfred Blue on a one year deal.

Ugh! I doubt he makes the team. Hopefully we can add a good RB late in the draft and after the draft and then with Fournette and Rawls we'll be o.k.

(04-01-2019, 07:53 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Ugh! I doubt he makes the team. Hopefully we can add a good RB late in the draft and after the draft and then with Fournette and Rawls we'll be o.k.

I sincerely hope/pray that we'll be O.K. at the position.

?

NH3...
"AZANE"

Duke Johnson seems like an ideal fit for Foles, who gets the ball out quick. But we already wasted a 5th rounder on Hyde.
"There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards." - Ari Gold

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2019, 12:58 AM by Captain_Caldwell.)

Among the pile of disappointing transactions we have made over the years, this is the first one that I have actually been upset about off the bat. Not a big deal probably but if he is on the roster week one, either he lights up preseason or we are desperate and not in a good situation. Dude iirc was always banged up despite limited play time and never could get going when he had the opportunity. Houston has struggled to run the ball over the years once foster went downhill so maybe that’s the reason. But Jordan Howard has a lot of talent for the price paid (not considering his contract situation because I havnt looked into it). Duke might be available and is an impact player, not just roster depth. Rather take a chance on undrafted/unproven free agents. But like I said, this move might mean nothing once the season starts anyways.

(04-01-2019, 04:55 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I was hoping this was an April Fool's joke

For one thing, because we need a 90 man roster for training camp, and they can't all be undrafted rookie free agents.

(04-02-2019, 12:58 AM)Captain_Caldwell Wrote: Among the pile of disappointing transactions we have made over the years, this is the first  one that I have actually been upset about off the bat. Not a big deal probably but if he is on the roster week one, either he lights up preseason or we are desperate and not in a good situation. Dude iirc was always banged up despite limited play time and never could get going when he had the opportunity. Houston has struggled to run the ball over the years once foster went downhill so maybe that’s the reason. But Jordan Howard has a lot of talent for the price paid (not considering his contract situation because I havnt looked into it). Duke might be available and is an impact player, not just roster depth. Rather take a chance on undrafted/unproven free agents. But like I said, this move might mean nothing once the season starts anyways.

I would let the signing of a probably 3rd/4th strong RB in April get you upset buddy.

Not understanding the hate for this dude. He is a hard-nosed, better version of Yeldon that did his job behind arguably the worst O-line in the NFL for a few years running. In very limited play time, he is like #4 on the tinhorns all-time rush list.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]