Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags free agents who still are not signed as of April 1st

• TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins
  • RB Corey Grant
  • RB T.J. Yeldon
  • OT Josh Wells
  • OL Patrick Omameh
  • PK Kai Forbath
  • FB Tommy Bohanon
  • TE Blake Bell
  • WR Rashad Greene
  • OT Corey Robinson
  • CB Tyler Patmon
  • OL Josh Walker
  • WR Jaydon Mickens
I would bring back Mickens, Wells, Yeldon, Grant, and maybe Jenkins if the price was right.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have seen enough of ASJ.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

I would like:
Omameh
Patmon
Yeldon

(04-01-2019, 08:24 PM)rufftime Wrote: I would like:
Omameh
Patmon

These two yes.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2019, 08:37 PM by TheDogCatcher.)

(04-01-2019, 07:37 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
  • RB Corey Grant
  • RB T.J. Yeldon
  • OT Josh Wells
  • OL Patrick Omameh
  • PK Kai Forbath
  • FB Tommy Bohanon
  • TE Blake Bell
  • WR Rashad Greene
  • OT Corey Robinson
  • CB Tyler Patmon
  • OL Josh Walker
  • WR Jaydon Mickens
I would bring back Mickens, Wells, Yeldon, Grant, and maybe Jenkins if the price was right.
Wells, Patmon, Omameh, and Sef-Jenkins.

• RB Corey Grant
  • RB T.J. Yeldon
  • OT Josh Wells
  • OL Patrick Omameh
  • PK Kai Forbath
  • FB Tommy Bohanon
  • TE Blake Bell
  • WR Rashad Greene
  • OT Corey Robinson
  • CB Tyler Patmon
  • OL Josh Walker
  • WR Jaydon Mickens
Wells, Patmon, Omameh, and Sef-Jenkins.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

• RB Corey Grant
  • RB T.J. Yeldon
  • OT Josh Wells
  • OL Patrick Omameh
  • PK Kai Forbath
  • FB Tommy Bohanon
  • TE Blake Bell
  • WR Rashad Greene
  • OT Corey Robinson
  • CB Tyler Patmon
  • OL Josh Walker
  • WR Jaydon Mickens

Somehow I doubt Yeldon would be welcomed back.

The only guys on there I think are really worth going back out and getting are Grant and Patmon. Maybe Omameh, but there's a reason we signed Norwell to take his job. Most of the players left on that list are "just a guy", and a few of them are straight-up bad.

(04-01-2019, 09:30 PM)TJBender Wrote:
  • RB Corey Grant
  • RB T.J. Yeldon
  • OT Josh Wells
  • OL Patrick Omameh
  • PK Kai Forbath
  • FB Tommy Bohanon
  • TE Blake Bell
  • WR Rashad Greene
  • OT Corey Robinson
  • CB Tyler Patmon
  • OL Josh Walker
  • WR Jaydon Mickens

Somehow I doubt Yeldon would be welcomed back.

The only guys on there I think are really worth going back out and getting are Grant and Patmon. Maybe Omameh, but there's a reason we signed Norwell to take his job. Most of the players left on that list are "just a guy", and a few of them are straight-up bad.

We keep saying that Yeldon wouldn't be welcomed back. Probably true, but what's being left out is that I highly doubt Yeldon wants to come back here and who could blame him.

I was surprised that we haven’t signed Mickens again, and Bohanon. Bohanon is reliable. Mickens showed some good flashes and he’s a good returner. Westbrook does great at that also but it’s a risk having one of our best receivers returning balls.

I would like to see back:

RT Jermey Parnell ...not comfortable yet with Will Richardson and Cedric Ogbuehi is horrible.
OT Josh Wells ...is better than Ogbuehi for an active day swing tackle role.
TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins ...a good TE if you can get him to engage.
CB Tyler Patmon ...has shown he can provide good depth if called upon.
RB Corey Grant ...is different than other rostered backs and could be a Fole's weapon, if healthy.

Why do people want to keep Mickens?

He’s a 1 dimensional WR and Westbrook is a better returner anyway.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2019, 09:04 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-02-2019, 08:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Why do people want to keep Mickens?

Is Westbrook a better returner?  Mickens has taken a couple to the house and got ST player of the week twice in 2017 when he was healthy

Mickens is one of the best punt returners in the league

Josh Wells is being re-signed according to Sexton

(04-02-2019, 09:05 AM)JackCity Wrote: Josh Wells is being re-signed according to Sexton
https://www.jaguars.com/news/official-wells-re-signs
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Would like to see Omameh brought back. He was quality depth and both G positions and he's only 29 (will be 30 in December)

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(04-02-2019, 09:03 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Is Westbrook a better returner?  Mickens has taken a couple to the house and got ST player of the week twice in 2017 when he was healthy

Westbrook took one to the house last year.

And if Mickens is so good, why’s he unsigned?

Mickens is an average dude who only got playing time because people got hurt.

(04-02-2019, 07:40 AM)ATLjag Wrote: I would like to see back:

RT Jermey Parnell ...not comfortable yet with Will Richardson and Cedric Ogbuehi is horrible.
OT Josh Wells ...is better than Ogbuehi for an active day swing tackle role.
TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins ...a good TE if you can get him to engage.
CB Tyler Patmon ...has shown he can provide good depth if called upon.
RB Corey Grant ...is different than other rostered backs and could be a Fole's weapon, if healthy.

Wells....check.

Bingo!  People forgot how he tore it up as a returner.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(04-02-2019, 05:22 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 09:03 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Is Westbrook a better returner?  Mickens has taken a couple to the house and got ST player of the week twice in 2017 when he was healthy

Bingo!  People forgot how he tore it up as a returner.

Yep, hes what we thought Ace Sanders would be

I really don't find this to be true.  Not at all. He had good numbers in 2017 in limited action. But it doesn't tell the story. 

He screwed up at least 4 returns last year by misjudging the ball badly  - and either not fielding it when he should have, or fielding it when he should have let it go. 

He screwed of 3 or 4 more by dancing way too much and not getting north and south. The better returners are much more deliberate in their decisions to both field the ball, and where to go with it. He is too unsure at both steps. 

He's good to break one every now and then when he gets some initial room and a good block. Otherwise, nothing special. 

Rashad Greene actually had way better instincts as a returner - he just can't hold onto the damn ball. 

Westbrook is miles better than both of them.  I'm hoping they find a late round or UDFA  WR or RB with good return ability so Westbrook can be protected from injury unless they deem him a necessity at returner.

(04-02-2019, 05:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 09:03 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Is Westbrook a better returner?  Mickens has taken a couple to the house and got ST player of the week twice in 2017 when he was healthy

I really don't find this to be true.  Not at all. He had good numbers in 2017 in limited action. But it doesn't tell the story. 

He screwed up at least 4 returns last year by misjudging the ball badly  - and either not fielding it when he should have, or fielding it when he should have let it go. 

He screwed of 3 or 4 more by dancing way too much and not getting north and south. The better returners are much more deliberate in their decisions to both field the ball, and where to go with it. He is too unsure at both steps. 

He's good to break one every now and then when he gets some initial room and a good block. Otherwise, nothing special. 

Rashad Greene actually had way better instincts as a returner - he just can't hold onto the damn ball. 

Westbrook is miles better than both of them.  I'm hoping they find a late round or UDFA  WR or RB with good return ability so Westbrook can be protected from injury unless they deem him a necessity at returner.
Get that logic outta here!

Mickens is one of the best returners in the league!