Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Supreme Court says the Constitution does not ensure a ‘painless’ execution

Supreme Court says the Constitution does not ensure a ‘painless’ execution

The Supreme Court ruled Monday that the Constitution does not guarantee a “painless death” for condemned murderers, deciding that a Missouri inmate may be executed by a lethal injection despite a rare, severe condition that could cause him to suffocate.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-p...story.html
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Supreme Court also said, decades ago, that if an inmate could prove that a less painful method of execution existed, he should receive that method instead.
Gorsuch seems to be taking this away by requiring definitive proof that a proposed method is less painful. How can you ever definitively prove how much pain a person experiences while they are dying?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

How about the pain inflicted on the victims.......
Murderers have no sympathy for them so......
I have no sympathy for murderers.......
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Two to the back of the head works just fine.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I don't care. I think they should be executed the same way they killed their victims, painful or not.

I think they should suffer. Bring back the ropes and the public square. This isn't 50 years ago when appeals could bring to light misidentification or mistakes in sentencing. If you are on death row today, there is a pretty good chance you deserve to die. But, because the prison system has gone the way of contracts, more warm bodies means more money. The system continues to line pockets.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(04-02-2019, 10:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Two to the back of the head works just fine.

Sure but what about the poor guy who has to pull the trigger?

(04-02-2019, 10:38 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 10:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Two to the back of the head works just fine.

We'll have Elon Musk invent a shooterless gun.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2019, 01:19 PM by homebiscuit.)

Get the next guy in queue on death row to do the deed. Seems morally and logistically efficient.

(04-02-2019, 01:16 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 10:38 AM)mikesez Wrote: Sure but what about the poor guy who has to pull the trigger?

Get the next guy in queue on death row to do the deed. Seems morally  and logistically efficient.

I've heard worse ideas. There's got to be a reason we don't do it this way, but right now I don't see a downside.

(04-02-2019, 01:44 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 01:16 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Get the next guy in queue on death row to do the deed. Seems morally  and logistically efficient.

I've heard worse ideas. There's got to be a reason we don't do it this way, but right now I don't see a downside.

Does everyone agree on something in the political forum for once??? Whoa. I mean it is about how we should put someone to death, but it's a step in the right direction lol. Baby steps.

they could rig a Hara Kiri by button and this would add some more excitement to the event maybe even a cash flow on betting the moment or the cant do it bet
“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
“If you find a way to motivate an idiot you have a motivated idiot”

(04-02-2019, 01:44 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 01:16 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Get the next guy in queue on death row to do the deed. Seems morally  and logistically efficient.

You don't see that the warden would be the one killed?

[Image: 41EFJFwj4yL._SX355_.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

As a father, do something to mine and I would be more than happy to pull the trigger.  Might even take a couple of clips to get the job done.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I'm sure some family members of the victims would happily volunteer.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2019, 09:08 PM by mikesez.)

(04-02-2019, 02:53 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 01:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: I've heard worse ideas. There's got to be a reason we don't do it this way, but right now I don't see a downside.

You don't see that the warden would be the one killed?

a gas chamber basically works by tying the condemned person to a chair and then opening a drawer where poison tablets are introduced into the sealed room.
You could do the same thing, except introduce a second man who has no restraints into the sealed room and then open a drawer that has a gun with two rounds in it.

What the issue with having an executioner? I'm not sure what this line of discussion is all about. It's not like he's getting the William Wallace Treatment, it's a matter of pulling a lever, pressing a button, or firing a gun.

The issue is this guy didn't want a firing squad. He would have won if he just went that route. If I was in his shoes, I would be asking for firing squad all day.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

We're at the point in time where everything is talked to death in circles until sense is made into nonsense.

Cruel and unusual is the only standard set in stone.

What is in favor of the radical left, is that... unfortunately, the dead cannot be polled on what was anything other than "painless," regardless of what degree.

Enter word salad retorts.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."