Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wells re-signs

Jags resign Josh Wells.

Per the home page.  Going into the season with what looks like starters of Cam/Norwell/Linder/Cann/Richardson(Ogbuehi) with backups of Wells/Ogbuehi/Richardson as swing tackles and Shatley as the back up guard. Also have KC McDermott on the roster (I know nothing about him).  If anything the Wells/Shatley tandem gives us familiarity.  Does that lean us towards Taylor?  Hockenson/Fant at TE?  Defense? QB?  WHO?!? in the first round?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It has no impact on the darft. He’s an OK pass blocker but is only good for a game or two before he himself gets hurt. It’s like having your spare tire go flat.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

I read "Wells resigns" and my immediate thought was, he resigned, as in, quit.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2019, 10:37 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Great news

If Wells is 100% hes quality LT depth. When he came in for Cam early in the season he looked better than Cam in a couple games.

Wellsy is solid, now. (in my Gus Voice)
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(04-02-2019, 10:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I read "Wells resigns" and my immediate thought was, he resigned, as in, quit.

Punctuation matters
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

By NFL standards, Wells is a decent backup swing tackle. I am far more comfortable with him in the role, instead of Ogbuehi.

RT (and OT in general) is officially no longer "the most glaring need on the roster". I'm comfortable starting the season with Wells at RT. Obviously i'd like to add a mauler early in the draft, but at worst Wells is quality depth and is a swing tackle who can play multiple spots. Definitely gives us more flexibility at the top of the draft, lets hope he stays healthy too!!
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Ugh!

Couldn't imagine being upset about a depth signing..just look around the league at other teams backups, 90% of them are trash

(04-02-2019, 10:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I read "Wells resigns" and my immediate thought was, he resigned, as in, quit.

Bwahahaha same here!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Dude goes on injured reserve every time he gets a hangnail. Hopefully he's camp fodder.

The drop off on the oline didn't happen when Cam got hurt, it happened after Wells got hurt. Smart to keep him.

(04-02-2019, 02:35 PM)Upper Wrote: The drop off on the oline didn't happen when Cam got hurt, it happened after Wells got hurt. Smart to keep him.

I Concur that keeping Wells is an smart move as per the front office. He's serious insurance to say the least. He can substitute at the exterior/interior positions and perform well. 

Get It. Perform Well...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Good move
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Shatley and Wells were the only backups worth their salt last year.

Good moves to bring them both back.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2019, 05:27 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-02-2019, 05:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Shatley and Wells were the only backups worth their salt last year.

Agreed, dont want anyone else on the oline we had last year except Parnell

(04-02-2019, 05:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Shatley and Wells were the only backups worth their salt last year.

I Concur.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Between Wells, Richardson and Ogbuehi, I'm hoping that one stands out over the others in training camp. I believe the signings of Obbuehi and Wells take right tackle out of the first round picture. I still expect the Jags to draft one interior lineman in the 2nd or 3rd round. If Lindstrom is there in the 2nd, they should take him. He's also played some right tackle which adds to his value. Hockenson remains my favorite choice in the first round, but it wouldn't shock me if they fall in love with one of the defensive linemen (Oliver, Gary, Sweat, Allen) and take them at 7. If they are the top player on the Jags board, it would be difficult to criticize the pick. They better turn out better than Bryan, however.

(04-02-2019, 11:42 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Between Wells, Richardson and Ogbuehi, I'm hoping that one stands out over the others in training camp. I believe the signings of Obbuehi and Wells take right tackle out of the first round picture. I still expect the Jags to draft one interior lineman in the 2nd or 3rd round. If Lindstrom is there in the 2nd, they should take him. He's also played some right tackle which adds to his value. Hockenson remains my favorite choice in the first round, but it wouldn't shock me if they fall in love with one of the defensive linemen (Oliver, Gary, Sweat, Allen) and take them at 7. If they are the top player on the Jags board, it would be difficult to criticize the pick. They better turn out better than Bryan, however.

1. If those signings make right tackle "solved", get ready for a long year full of short runs.
2. Bryan was drafted with an eye towards the future, not towards immediate production. With Malik Jackson gone, he'll get a chance to show what he can do this season. All this "Bryan is a bust" talk is like saying that Patrick Mahomes is a bust because he barely played in his first year.