Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Leonard Wester signed

(04-05-2019, 12:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-05-2019, 11:15 AM)Upper Wrote: That's why the first line of my post was that I was a Gator fan who has watched pretty much every game of his career.

My statement was directed to the last paragraph of your post which was universal and not specific to Taylor.

I think it's probably pretty rare for a guy to look athletic on tape but not score well in certain drills that have shown to correlate to success, or vice versa.

Kind of like how the spin rate revolution is confirming that pitchers who have great movement on their pitches also almost always have plus spin rates.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-05-2019, 03:44 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-05-2019, 12:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: My statement was directed to the last paragraph of your post which was universal and not specific to Taylor.

I think it's probably pretty rare for a guy to look athletic on tape but not score well in certain drills that have shown to correlate to success, or vice versa.

Kind of like how the spin rate revolution is confirming that pitchers who have great movement on their pitches also almost always have plus spin rates.

The point is: You value the strength of those correlations differently than I do.

Chammmmmppppiiioonnsshhiiippp

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2019, 04:33 PM by JackCity.)

(04-05-2019, 12:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-05-2019, 10:28 AM)JackCity Wrote: I have a hard time seeing Taylor being a better offensive lineman in the NFL than Jonah Williams will be

I was a Williams fan too until I seen him play against Ferrell.  Ferrell beat him a number of times and it made me question him against good pass rushers, Taylor played much better against the best pass rushers in this class

I think if you take that full game into account they were pretty even overall. Farrell beat him 2/3 times  but Williams rebounded and shut down a lot of his rushes too. He had a flashy bullrush play where Williams lost balance that kinda swayed people's minds too much I think

Wouldn't give me any pause about his NFL projection given the rest of his body of work.

(04-05-2019, 04:29 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-05-2019, 12:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I was a Williams fan too until I seen him play against Ferrell.  Ferrell beat him a number of times and it made me question him against good pass rushers, Taylor played much better against the best pass rushers in this class

I think if you take that full game into account they were pretty even overall. Farrell beat him 2/3 times  but Williams rebounded and shut down a lot of his rushes too. He had a flashy bullrush play where Williams lost balance that kinda swayed people's minds too much I think

Wouldn't give me any pause about his NFL projection given the rest of his body of work.

Here is a good breakdown that starts at 2:05
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCvrHo-oelg

He got beat pretty bad quite a few times.  Bull rushed all the way back into the QB on 1 occasion.  I havent seen any play where that has happened to Taylor yet, not saying it isnt there but I havent seen it.  Other that Farrell what other really good pass rushers did Williams face?  Taylor played, Allen, Sweat, Burns, Garry, Winovich etc.  For Williams to have a bad game against the best pass rusher in the biggest game of his career gives me big question.  I dont see how you can just act like that game didnt happen if you are taking everything into account.  That was also his last game played.

(04-05-2019, 04:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-05-2019, 04:29 PM)JackCity Wrote: I think if you take that full game into account they were pretty even overall. Farrell beat him 2/3 times  but Williams rebounded and shut down a lot of his rushes too. He had a flashy bullrush play where Williams lost balance that kinda swayed people's minds too much I think

Here is a good breakdown that starts at 2:05
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCvrHo-oelg

He got beat pretty bad quite a few times.  Bull rushed all the way back into the QB on 1 occasion.  I havent seen any play where that has happened to Taylor yet, not saying it isnt there but I havent seen it.  Other that Farrell what other really good pass rushers did Williams face?  Taylor played, Allen, Sweat, Burns, Garry, Winovich etc.  For Williams to have a bad game against the best pass rusher in the biggest game of his career gives me big question.  I dont see how you can just act like that game didnt happen if you are taking everything into account.  That was also his last game played.

I've already watched several breakdowns on the contest and I don't agree with people who think Jonah lost badly. It was a very even bout for me. If you wanna look at it purely statistically Farrell finished with 2 solo tackles 1.5 TFLs 0 sacks and 3 pressures. There's more to it than that of course, but if you told Saban before the game Farrell would be held to that he'd have shook your hand off. 

Jonahs being playing tackle at a good level since he was a true freshman in the SEC. Taylor has one good year as a pass protector so far, a very good year might I add , played some good pass rushers (Gary does not count as a good pass rusher btw), he's just not as refined as Williams is yet (and that's ok).  

I prefer Williams because he's elite technically and has great footwork , those guys tend to very safe fits as lineman. Taylor on the other hand is more of a brawler like Cam who's technique can be kind of sloppy but in college it's easier to get away with it. Can Taylor get better technically? I'd be surprised if he didn't in the NFL , I think he'll be a decent right tackle at the NFL , just prefer what Jonah offers, and has done it on either side.

3 pages on Wester. He's probably thinking "Dang, these people in Jacksonville are really bored."

(04-05-2019, 02:23 AM)Jags02 Wrote: As for AJ Cann, there's no need to even contemplate replacing him as the starting RG. His latest contract extension says he's their starting RG this year. 

The biggest plus to Cann's play is that the back of his helmet was a reliable #1 receiver for Bortles. Outside of that, he's terrible.

My favorite Websters:

dictionary
Papadapolous
Mike
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Parker Ehinger has been claimed off waivers also

(04-11-2019, 06:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Parker Ehinger has been claimed off waivers also

https://twitter.com/zach_goodall/status/...8805059610

This thread about Wester got hijacked, became an thread about Taylor.

NH3...
"AZANE"