Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars Mount Rushmore

I just watched a top 10 video called NFL Mount Rushmore and it made me wonder what our fans would say about our team.

Wouldn’t it be 

1. Boselli - He was our first ever draft pick. He was the best lineman in the league even above guys like Ogden, Roaf, and Pace. He was squeaky clean off the field. He helped within the community. He also helped ticket sales during our blackout years. Several Pro Bowls and an All Pro.

2. Taylor - Should have won rookie of the year but Moss stole the show. Had 9 straight 100 yard games. Retired ahead of Franco Harris on the all time rushing list, even though he missed over 50 games with injury. No troubles off the field. Went for 190 in basically 2 quarters vs Miami in the playoffs. Was 14th all time when he retired.

3. Smith - 291 yards against the best defense in the NFL at the time and against Chris McCallister who was the best corner. Caught the biggest catch up in Denver to take us to our first ever AFC Championship game. Made Several Pro Bowls. Retired 9th all time. Led the league in receptions with 116 in 1999.

4. Brunell - Led is to 4 straight playoff appearances. Led the league in passing in 1996. Also led all QBs in rushing in that same year. Had a game clinching scramble up in Denver to take us to our first ever AFC title game. Helped out in the community. Was a pro bowl player and MVP. Came back in 1997 to beat Pittsburgh on Monday Night Football. Was always compared to Steve Young. Led us to a franchise best 14-2 record in 1999.

Honorable Mention - Coughlin, Brackens, McCardell, Darius, MJD

I didn’t include Campbell bc he spent more years with the Cardinals than us. And I didn’t include Ramsey bc he hasn’t played long enough. I also didn’t put MJD on the list bc Taylor’s resume is just better.

You can only pick 4 and owners are not allowed.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Boselli
Taylor
Smith
Coughlin

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2019, 09:15 AM by MikePete54.)

MJD
Boselli
Taylor
Jimmy

Some honorable mention :

Greg Jones
Mathis
Big John
Stroud
Scobee
Mike Pete
Daryl
Donovin

I just couldn’t put Coughlin on my list bc he won 2 Super Bowls with the Giants. For some reason I feel like he has more weight with that team.

On the other hand he was the face of our franchise in the beginning.

He was so invested when we upstarted. I wish he would have stayed the entire time. Who knows where we would be today.

(04-08-2019, 09:12 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: Some honorable mention :

Greg Jones
Mathis
Big John
Stroud
Scobee
Mike Pete
Daryl
Donovin

Greg Jones? As a Mount Rushmore of a franchise.

(04-08-2019, 09:18 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:

Greg Jones
Mathis
Big John
Stroud
Scobee
Mike Pete
Daryl
Donovin

Greg Jones? As a Mount Rushmore of a franchise.

Well he is a few miles down the mountain making big blocks.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Boselli
Taylor
Smith
Jags02
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Smith
Boselli
Taylor
MJD

completely tongue-in-cheek, but hear me out

Kessler - If he even appeared somewhat serviceable after replacing Blake, we probably don't make a play for Foles.
Bryan Anger - If we had taken Russ instead, we might still be enjoying Gene Smiff drafts.
Vic - introduced the fans to the concept of cap hell, brought us such delights as 998 Oaks, CA, fighting the crows and FULL CONSISTENCY
Wayne Weaver - Can't even joke about this, brought the franchise here, and made sure that the new owner kept them around. He took good care of us as fans in that sense.

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2019, 12:28 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Greg Jones

Lol..... a 2nd Round pick that couldn't make it as a primary RB so he transformed himself into a FB that rushed for 913 yards (or ~ 100 per year) in his career.

I'm thinking borderline bust for a late 2nd round pick (55th player selected in the draft).  If I were to tell you that the Jags would be drafting that type of player in the top of the 3rd round this season, the fanbase would be up in arms.

Justin Blackmon
Matt Jones
Blaine Gabbert
Mike Mularkey

(04-08-2019, 12:45 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Justin Blackmon
Matt Jones
Blaine Gabbert
Mike Mularkey

No RJ Soward or Derrick Harvey?  No dice.

Brunell
Boselli
Jimmy
Taylor
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Boselli
Freddy T
J-Smooth
This guy

[Image: ScreenShot2019-04-08at5.07.34PM.png]

(04-08-2019, 12:45 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Justin Blackmon
Matt Jones
Blaine Gabbert
Mike Mularkey

At least we had some hope with Mularkey as we were 1-2 going into our 4th game.  During the Gus Bradley era, we were 1-13 in September.  As such, we were pretty much (mentally) out of the playoff run by October 1 in each of Gus' 4 years here in Jax.

(04-08-2019, 05:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [Image: ScreenShot2019-04-08at5.07.34PM.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-08-2019, 05:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [Image: ScreenShot2019-04-08at5.07.34PM.png]

Agreed.  Gotta have Wayne!

The youngest guy on the real Mount Rushmore is 150 years younger than the oldest one.
I'm not saying we have to wait till we're dead, but we should probably revisit this conversation after a couple more decades of good football.
I think Fred Taylor might still have a place when all is said and done.
But I don't like to put owners in the same category as players or coaches.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

If you include a non player, Weaver is on there for sure.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]