Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange arrested

(04-11-2019, 07:52 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Arrested for exposing the truth?

Well if Trump is a good president he will pardon Assange right?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

His place in history is assured.

(04-11-2019, 09:04 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:

Arrested for publishing classified info that exposed the names of several people who were cooperating with US intelligence, resulting in their deaths. This is not about the DNC leak.

That's not why he was arrested. He is charged with conspiring with Chelsea Manning to hack into Pentagon classified data.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(04-11-2019, 05:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-11-2019, 05:24 PM)Olive Wrote: That makes no sense. The 1st Amendment does't protect you at all cost to every other law, and or right.

The 1st protects the Free Press which Assange was acting as with his work.

He isn't a US citizen tho. Hes Ecuadorian right? Not sure that applies.

I am pro-whistle blowers in general, but Assange hasn't done himself many favors.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(04-11-2019, 10:49 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(04-11-2019, 05:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The 1st protects the Free Press which Assange was acting as with his work.

He isn't a US citizen tho. Hes Ecuadorian right? Not sure that applies.

I am pro-whistle blowers in general, but Assange hasn't done himself many favors.

He's actually Australian I believe. Has held Equadorian citizenship since 2017.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Chelsea Manning is free right?

Hmm... I'm not saying Julian Assange didn't commit some sort of "illegal" act in the United States eyes.... but I'm not really on our side about this one.
He was given information, he didn't extort the information, and he published it.

That is the world we live in. And whistle blowers should be protected from big governments that want to silence the many and empower the few.
Is it dangerous to some US ops and allies, perhaps....

But our government would be the first to spout some crap about sacrifice and risk for the bigger good.
Its why they excuse the deaths of thousands of US soldiers for whatever is still going on in the Middle East.

Another Win For The Greatest Nation Of Freedom On Earth!

(04-11-2019, 10:42 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(04-11-2019, 09:04 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: Arrested for publishing classified info that exposed the names of several people who were cooperating with US intelligence, resulting in their deaths. This is not about the DNC leak.

That's not why he was arrested. He is charged with conspiring with Chelsea Manning to hack into Pentagon classified data.

Yes. I stand corrected. Technically, he couldn't be arrested for just publishing something, so they found a "conspiring" angle instead.

Still not about the DNC leak.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(04-11-2019, 12:13 PM)TJBender Wrote:

He pissed Hillary off. His suicide will happen in a week or two. Still not sure how he managed to drive two different tankers filled to the brim with diesel into each other from while he was standing between them.

This is exactly what my husband said.

For 20 bonus points:
Why did the deep state use RT to deliver this hoax?

Everytime I see this topic I expect to see "...was found dead."

(04-12-2019, 03:12 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: For 20 bonus points:
Why did the deep state use RT to deliver this hoax?

It's owned by Soros

(04-12-2019, 11:08 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(04-11-2019, 10:42 PM)rollerjag Wrote: That's not why he was arrested. He is charged with conspiring with Chelsea Manning to hack into Pentagon classified data.

Yes. I stand corrected. Technically, he couldn't be arrested for just publishing something, so they found a "conspiring" angle instead.

It's not an "angle", he allegedly helped someone hack into the Pentagon's classified database. I guess you're ok with that.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(04-12-2019, 07:20 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(04-12-2019, 11:08 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: Yes. I stand corrected. Technically, he couldn't be arrested for just publishing something, so they found a "conspiring" angle instead.

It's not an "angle", he allegedly helped someone hack into the Pentagon's classified database. I guess you're ok with that.

Are you really that naive? How can Assange, with no access to the Pentagon's classified database, "help someone" (a person who was pardoned by Obama no less) hack into it?

And for the record I'm not OK with him publishing it, much less hacking it.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(04-12-2019, 07:20 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(04-12-2019, 11:08 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: Yes. I stand corrected. Technically, he couldn't be arrested for just publishing something, so they found a "conspiring" angle instead.

So much for the left wanting freedom for the media....

(04-12-2019, 07:20 PM)rollerjag Wrote: It's not an "angle", he allegedly helped someone hack into the Pentagon's classified database. I guess you're ok with that.

The Obama Justice Department had the exact same evidence and was ok with it. The Trump Justice Department is not ok with it.

rj is becoming one of those Trumpettes he keeps talking about.

i hope he gets pardoned
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(04-12-2019, 10:14 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(04-12-2019, 07:20 PM)rollerjag Wrote: It's not an "angle", he allegedly helped someone hack into the Pentagon's classified database. I guess you're ok with that.

The Obama Justice Department had the exact same evidence and was ok with it.  The Trump Justice Department is not ok with it.  

It is very odd. I guess it's fair to say Rollerjag trusts Trump's judgement on this?

(04-12-2019, 07:37 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:

Are you really that naive? How can Assange, with no access to the Pentagon's classified database, "help someone" (a person who was pardoned by Obama no less) hack into it?

It is very possible to help someone hack a password for a database without having physical access to the machine.  For the record I don't think that President Obama should have ever pardoned Bradly Manning for what he did.  Manning knowingly and willingly broke the law and should have suffered the consequences.

(04-12-2019, 10:38 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-12-2019, 10:14 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: The Obama Justice Department had the exact same evidence and was ok with it.  The Trump Justice Department is not ok with it.  

It is very odd. I guess it's fair to say Rollerjag trusts Trump's judgement on this?

It's not President Trump's "judgment", it's about charges from the DOJ.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2019, 03:31 PM by MalabarJag.)

(04-14-2019, 02:45 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(04-12-2019, 07:37 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Are you really that naive? How can Assange, with no access to the Pentagon's classified database, "help someone" (a person who was pardoned by Obama no less) hack into it?

It is very possible to help someone hack a password for a database without having physical access to the machine.  For the record I don't think that President Obama should have ever pardoned Bradly Manning for what he did.  Manning knowingly and willingly broke the law and should have suffered the consequences.

How? By telling them to try "password1"?

https://youtu.be/a6iW-8xPw3k