Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Parker Ehinger Claimed

(04-12-2019, 06:33 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-12-2019, 09:11 AM)Kane Wrote: You really wanna select a RT top ten?

Robinson, Norwell, Linder, Cann, Richardson/guy from Cincy/or Jawaan Taylor?
Taylor isn't worth a top ten selection.... might as well play Richardson

Rather have a premier pass rusher or play making TE.
Guarantee we can get a RT in round 2 or 3.

We're loading up on OL bodies so we don't have to reach for OL.

Who is your guy or guys at RT in rounds 2-3?

I would love McGary in round 2.  I also wouldn't mind Greg Little.

(04-12-2019, 01:26 PM)Jags@dajugular Wrote: Well lets look at their moves they cut Bortles and singed Foles .Then drafted Richardson 4th round last year rated a 2nd round pick last year, ...

Who rated Richardson a 2nd round pick last year?

Greg Little is a consideration if Risner isn't miraculously there. I really need to check out McGary. Don't know much on him...

And I never saw a 2nd rd grade on Richardson anywhere either.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-12-2019, 09:11 AM)Kane Wrote:
(04-12-2019, 07:28 AM)DragonFury Wrote: I don't see how signing a bunch of backup O-linemen means we're drafting DL.

You really wanna select a RT top ten?

I don't really care what we pick in the first round, I just think that signing backup O-linemen isn't indicative any direction they'll be taking in the draft. It just means that they needed a bunch of O-linemen.

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2019, 08:24 AM by ATLjag.)

Although Ehinger played both OTs and OG positions in college, since the 2016 draft, he has been an OG for both KC and Dallas. KC reporters told Dallas reporters when he was traded that Ehinger is an intelligent player and a better run blocker than pass protector. Dallas viewed him as an interior swing player. He fits the TC mold coming out of college as a captain on his team, 4 year starter, and with a big body at 6'6 310. He tore up his knee twice, which led to his trade at KC and release in Dallas.

(04-13-2019, 06:03 AM)DragonFury Wrote:
(04-12-2019, 09:11 AM)Kane Wrote: You really wanna select a RT top ten?

I don't really care what we pick in the first round, I just think that signing backup O-linemen isn't indicative any direction they'll be taking in the draft. It just means that they needed a bunch of O-linemen.

I'm not so sure because it's not just backup OLs, but it's been like three backup RTs in a row.

When they waived Parnell I figured there it is, we need a RT period. But since then we've acquired a few backup caliber guys all with some starting experience. I know Marrone is huge on competition sorting things out, so with this latest signing of a third OT (Ogbuehi, Webster and Ehinger), along with last year's 2nd round pick at RT, I'm now leaning toward the idea that next years starting RT is already on the roster. 
'02

(04-13-2019, 11:28 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(04-13-2019, 06:03 AM)DragonFury Wrote: I don't really care what we pick in the first round, I just think that signing backup O-linemen isn't indicative any direction they'll be taking in the draft. It just means that they needed a bunch of O-linemen.

I'm not so sure because it's not just backup OLs, but it's been like three backup RTs in a row.

When they waived Parnell I figured there it is, we need a RT period. But since then we've acquired a few backup caliber guys all with some starting experience. I know Marrone is huge on competition sorting things out, so with this latest signing of a third OT (Ogbuehi, Webster and Ehinger), along with last year's 2nd round pick at RT, I'm now leaning toward the idea that next years starting RT is already on the roster. 

Ehinger is a guard. Not a RT. He's never played RT in the NFL and every team and source lists him at guard. 

Webster struggled when filling in for Dotson at RT last season in TB according to fans and beat reporters. Gave up multiple pressures forcing Winston to default to scramble mode right after the snap often. 

Ogbuehi is a super longshot that has intriguing ceiling/untapped potential, but has lots of bad tape to show thus far.

If this is the only competition they intend to give Will Richardson, then they are making a grave error. 

I'm praying Risner falls to the second and I'm going to check some cutups of Little, Howard and McGary today as well. 
I think they'll be looking at all of those players as potential RTs.

(04-13-2019, 11:37 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-13-2019, 11:28 AM)Jags02 Wrote: I'm not so sure because it's not just backup OLs, but it's been like three backup RTs in a row.

Ehinger is a guard. Not a RT. He's never played RT in the NFL and every team and source lists him at guard.

I still feel the Jaguars are looking at him to compete at RT, and they merely list him at OL on the roster. I realize he's mainly played G so far in the NFL, but the guy is 6-6 and was a natural RT coming out of college.
'02

(04-13-2019, 12:46 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(04-13-2019, 11:37 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Ehinger is a guard. Not a RT. He's never played RT in the NFL and every team and source lists him at guard.

I still feel the Jaguars are looking at him to compete at RT, and they merely list him at OL on the roster. I realize he's mainly played G so far in the NFL, but the guy is 6-6 and was a natural RT coming out of college.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/p...id=2555203

http://scores.nbcsports.com/nfldraft/pla...?id=205517

He has 33" arms (a bit short for a tackle) and really wasn't touted as a natural RT coming out at all since he played his final two years at RG in college.

(04-13-2019, 12:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-13-2019, 12:46 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I still feel the Jaguars are looking at him to compete at RT, and they merely list him at OL on the roster. I realize he's mainly played G so far in the NFL, but the guy is 6-6 and was a natural RT coming out of college.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/p...id=2555203

He has 33" arms (a bit short for a tackle) and really wasn't touted as a natural RT coming out at all since he played his final two years at RG in college.

You read that wrong. He played RT as a freshman, then RG as a sophomore and junior, and then LT as a senior. 
'02

(04-13-2019, 01:14 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(04-13-2019, 12:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/p...id=2555203

You read that wrong. He played RT as a freshman, then RG as a sophomore and junior, and then LT as a senior. 

I read it incorrectly, but he did play two years and his freshman season's bowl game at RG.

Ehinger moved to right guard for Cincinnati's bowl game to conclude his freshman season and stayed there for the next two years. Then, heading into his senior season, he moved to left tackle and made his second straight All-American Athletic Conference first team. It figures to be difficult for Ehinger to stick on the outside in the NFL due to the speed and athleticism he'll see that he likely can't match, but there's a good chance for him to succeed somewhere on the offensive line. 

NBC sports ^

(04-13-2019, 03:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-13-2019, 01:14 PM)Jags02 Wrote: You read that wrong. He played RT as a freshman, then RG as a sophomore and junior, and then LT as a senior. 

I read it incorrectly, but he did play two years and his freshman season's bowl game at RG.

Ehinger moved to right guard for Cincinnati's bowl game to conclude his freshman season and stayed there for the next two years. Then, heading into his senior season, he moved to left tackle and made his second straight All-American Athletic Conference first team. It figures to be difficult for Ehinger to stick on the outside in the NFL due to the speed and athleticism he'll see that he likely can't match, but there's a good chance for him to succeed somewhere on the offensive line. 

NBC sports ^

I imagine he's still in that competition for the start and the backup spots at RT, and the fact that he can also backup Cann at RG only helps his cause.
'02

(04-13-2019, 03:32 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(04-13-2019, 03:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I read it incorrectly, but he did play two years and his freshman season's bowl game at RG.

NBC sports ^

I imagine he's still in that competition for the start and the backup spots at RT, and the fact that he can also backup Cann at RG only helps his cause.

If they draft a tackle with any of their first four picks, then the competition is between Richardson and the draft pick. 
I really doubt Ehinger is in the mix at RT as they very likely already value Wells much more at that position as a backup. 
Wells played well as a backup tackle last year before getting hurt. Ehinger did not.

Nothing more but camp fodder. Dude has played like 1 game in 3 years. Knee injury after knee injury.
No pain, no gain.

Ehringer is an OG, with interior position flexibility, not an OT. In 3 pro seasons with 2 teams, he has been an OG, and not gotten any reps at OT.

I do hope I'm wrong about the RT already being on the roster. These last few signings just really had me wondering.

With any luck we'll somehow manage to land Risner.
'02