Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
President Trump Vetoes a Congressional Resolution

President Trump Vetoes a Congressional Resolution, 2nd of His Term

President Donald Trump issued the second veto of his presidency Tuesday to override a congressional resolution ending U.S. military involvement in Yemen’s civil war.

https://www.independentsentinel.com/pres...7a4C01PVYo
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-17-2019, 05:23 PM)The Drifter Wrote: President Trump Vetoes a Congressional Resolution, 2nd of His Term

President Donald Trump issued the second veto of his presidency Tuesday to override a congressional resolution ending U.S. military involvement in Yemen’s civil war.

https://www.independentsentinel.com/pres...7a4C01PVYo

His veto is likely to be overturned. This could turn out to be a very good thing. If someone else was POTUS it would never be challenged, never reach the Supreme Court. and future presidents would continue to ignore congress.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

It will not get overturned. The courts, as before, will see it as a "non-justiciable political question."
We do not offer combat-related assistance unless in rare circumstances it is determined to be against factions such as ISIS or Al Qaeda. This is fully legal per the Authorization to Use Military Force that Congress passed in 2001. Our main role is targeting and intel assistance to avoid mass civilian casualty. Otherwise, you will get what is currently in Syria. If we are forced to wash our hands of this, the Iranians will just fill the vacuum. Iran loves to come in an exploit for gain. Palestine, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Afghanistan, etc.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(04-18-2019, 08:11 AM)B2hibry Wrote: It will not get overturned. The courts, as before, will see it as a "non-justiciable political question."
We do not offer combat-related assistance unless in rare circumstances it is determined to be against factions such as ISIS or Al Qaeda. This is fully legal per the Authorization to Use Military Force that Congress passed in 2001. Our main role is targeting and intel assistance to avoid mass civilian casualty. Otherwise, you will get what is currently in Syria. If we are forced to wash our hands of this, the Iranians will just fill the vacuum. Iran loves to come in an exploit for gain. Palestine, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Afghanistan, etc.

I just don't understand why we can't get our oil from more stable countries like China does. I mean if we are going for reserves, lets make a deal with Venzuela and forget about the middle east.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(04-18-2019, 11:53 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 08:11 AM)B2hibry Wrote: It will not get overturned. The courts, as before, will see it as a "non-justiciable political question."

I just don't understand why we can't get our oil from more stable countries like China does. I mean if we are going for reserves, lets make a deal with Venzuela and forget about the middle east.

Because we intentionally destabilize regions in order to create an excuse for intervention, and also to create mercenary states?

I feel like I'm missing some sarcasm here.

U.S.= Largest global oil producer. Now has freedom to import low and export high ($-$$$)
China= 5th largest oil producer. Import most from Russia (not very stable)
Venezuala= Part of the same organization as the middle east (OPEC). Nowhere near stable right now.

People kill me with their war for oil rhetoric. War is profitable all by itself.

It's hard to know where exactly anyone barrel of oil comes from however it's a pretty good bet that most of the oil extracted in the Persian gulf ends up in Europe. North America relies on its own supplies and supplies from South America, and China relies more on Indonesia and malaysia.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

I don't know that Venezuela's the best country to be making deals with right now. I do know that if you go out into eastern Colorado, where you're always 15 miles from the nearest town, there is a ton of oil to be had if you can figure out how to get to it without pumping hydraulic fluid into the water table.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2019, 09:02 AM by B2hibry.)

(04-18-2019, 02:26 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 11:53 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I just don't understand why we can't get our oil from more stable countries like China does. I mean if we are going for reserves, lets make a deal with Venzuela and forget about the middle east.

It's hard to know where exactly anyone barrel of oil comes from however it's a pretty good bet that most of the oil extracted in the Persian gulf ends up in Europe. North America relies on its own supplies and supplies from South America, and China relies more on Indonesia and malaysia.
Considering it is a globally traded commodity with a majority of petrocurrency in U.S. dollars and with oil types having a distinct chemical fingerprint, I'd say there is a pretty good chance we know exactly where each barrel comes from. Actually, aside from our own supplies, the US relies on Canada as a major supplier with South America batting cleanup. China relies on domestic and Russia. Indonesia and Malaysia don't even register in the top 10 of China oil imports as they are heavy into natural gas, not oil.

(04-18-2019, 02:32 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 11:53 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I just don't understand why we can't get our oil from more stable countries like China does. I mean if we are going for reserves, lets make a deal with Venzuela and forget about the middle east.

I don't know that Venezuela's the best country to be making deals with right now. I do know that if you go out into eastern Colorado, where you're always 15 miles from the nearest town, there is a ton of oil to be had if you can figure out how to get to it without pumping hydraulic fluid into the water table.
Right?! Venezualajust recently approved a cryptocurrency backed by their petroleum products because their regular currency has all but crashed. Makes me want to continue trading with them. LOL

(04-19-2019, 09:00 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 02:32 PM)TJBender Wrote: I don't know that Venezuela's the best country to be making deals with right now. I do know that if you go out into eastern Colorado, where you're always 15 miles from the nearest town, there is a ton of oil to be had if you can figure out how to get to it without pumping hydraulic fluid into the water table.
Right?! Venezualajust recently approved a cryptocurrency backed by their petroleum products because their regular currency has all but crashed. Makes me want to continue trading with them. LOL

Nah, their cryptocurrency is legit. They just sent hundreds of people out to a series of caves near the Colombian border to mine it.