Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Militia detains Illegal Immigrants (migrants)

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2019, 09:19 AM by B2hibry.)

Oh boy. This is going to steam a ton of folks but I love it! Citizens taking back their country one step at a time. It appears as of now that there is sufficient legal standing to do so. If you look at 8 U.S.C 1325, it describes what situations that illegal entry would be considered a civil penalty or greater. That is important to note because all but two states have Citizens Arrest Laws. This is about to get interesting.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-mexico-ri...ol-arrives

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1325

https://law.justia.com/codes/new-mexico/...n-31-4-14/
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Citizen's arrests aren't intended for use by armed vigilante mobs that set out with the intent of detaining large groups of people. Any actual arrests that come from this should be stricken down in court, and the vigilante mobs (that's what they are) should be brought up for unlawful imprisonment.

(04-19-2019, 09:37 AM)TJBender Wrote: Citizen's arrests aren't intended for use by armed vigilante mobs that set out with the intent of detaining large groups of people. Any actual arrests that come from this should be stricken down in court, and the vigilante mobs (that's what they are) should be brought up for unlawful imprisonment.

The hell with that, they should be given medals.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-19-2019, 09:37 AM)TJBender Wrote: Citizen's arrests aren't intended for use by armed vigilante mobs that set out with the intent of detaining large groups of people. Any actual arrests that come from this should be stricken down in court, and the vigilante mobs (that's what they are) should be brought up for unlawful imprisonment.

Says who? There is legal standing. Nothing unlawful at this point. The only way this gets controversial in my opinion is if/when shots are fired. This situation is what eventually happens when government overeaches or in this case sits on their hands. We The People...right?

I say GOOD! It's about damn time the citizens of this country are willing to do the job the government will not... M.A.G.A.
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

A vigilante mob would have just summarily executed them all. They held illegal immigrants (who have no rights) until the proper authorities could come and deal with the situation.

I once held some punk face down at gun point until police arrived after I caught his punk [BLEEP] breaking into our vehicle at three in the morning. My wife informed the police that was the case and that I would holster the gun upon their arrival. No difference.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

This will work great until they accidentally detain some people who are here legally.

I understand the motivation, but I don't see this effort going very far.

(04-19-2019, 01:08 PM)Jagwired Wrote: I once held some punk face down at gun point until police arrived after I caught his punk [BLEEP] breaking into our vehicle at three in the morning. My wife informed the police that was the case and that I would holster the gun upon their arrival. No difference.

Very different. One is a person who has targeted your property and presents a clear and present danger. The other is a bunch of hicks playing bounty hunter.

(04-19-2019, 01:30 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: This will work great until they accidentally detain some people who are here legally.  

I understand the motivation, but I don't see this effort going very far.

Seems it went plenty far. It got the attention of Otera County local government and in the right way. For those that aren't aware, there are elected officials at the border that decided to pull National Guard Troops despite Trump. New Mexico happens to be one such place. CBP also had to close some checkpoints to redirect officers to other locations. Well, one county has declared a national emergency and threatened litigation against a left leaning governor.

https://www.alamogordonews.com/story/new...508037002/

Wait until someone invariably dies, most likely the migrants

(04-19-2019, 01:36 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 01:08 PM)Jagwired Wrote: I once held some punk face down at gun point until police arrived after I caught his punk [BLEEP] breaking into our vehicle at three in the morning. My wife informed the police that was the case and that I would holster the gun upon their arrival. No difference.

Very different. One is a person who has targeted your property and presents a clear and present danger. The other is a bunch of hicks playing bounty hunter.

They're hicks because they're catching criminals?

There isn't much difference in the guy breaking into his car and stealing from it versus breaking into the country and stealing from everyone.

(04-19-2019, 01:36 PM)TJBender Wrote:

One may also interpret the situation as a clear and present danger instigated by an illegal entry into a sovereign nation. Keyword, "illegal".

Just a thought...throttle back a bit and don't let your personal feelings allow you to throw out a term that can be interpreted as quite disparaging and on the level of a few other choice terms. Not a good look.

(04-19-2019, 02:08 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 01:36 PM)TJBender Wrote: Very different. One is a person who has targeted your property and presents a clear and present danger. The other is a bunch of hicks playing bounty hunter.

There isn't much difference in the guy breaking into his car and stealing from it versus breaking into the country and stealing from everyone.

They should just have missile systems to prevent anyone crossing the border, or a minefield perhaps

(04-19-2019, 02:22 PM)rime/JackCity Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 02:08 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: They're hicks because they're catching criminals?

They should just have missile systems to prevent anyone crossing the border, or a minefield perhaps

Maybe a little extreme but all this mass migration is being bolstered by crime/cartels and they are starting to build a border arsenal of crude tanks, rocket launchers as well as heavily utilizing encrypted cellphones, night vision, surveillance networks, and drones to avoid CBP. How long before 'booby traps' and heavy weapons make it into the equation and escalate?

(04-19-2019, 02:08 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 01:36 PM)TJBender Wrote: Very different. One is a person who has targeted your property and presents a clear and present danger. The other is a bunch of hicks playing bounty hunter.

Immigrating illegally is wrong but it is nothing like stealing.  It's more like cutting in line.  Illegal immigrants get negligible public benefits and tend to work very hard for very little money, all while paying all of the taxes a citizen would have to pay, more often than not.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-19-2019, 02:11 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
One may also interpret the situation as a clear and present danger instigated by an illegal entry into a sovereign nation. Keyword, "illegal".

Just a thought...throttle back a bit and don't let your personal feelings allow you to throw out a term that can be interpreted as quite disparaging and on the level of a few other choice terms. Not a good look.

I'll call them as I see them, and every time my trips down to hike along the border in California brought me into contact with the "Minutemen", they were a bunch of old white guys sitting in lawn chairs, chugging beer and talking about how illegal immigrants took their jobs. It's pathetic. It's what we have a Border Patrol for. Someday, possibly soon, one of those hicks is going to shoot an illegal immigrant. It's going to be a circus, it's going to end up in the courts, and somehow or another it's going to result in the rest of us seeing our rights lessened again because a bunch of old white guys decided they want to be Wyatt Earp when they grow up.

(04-19-2019, 04:52 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 02:11 PM)B2hibry Wrote: One may also interpret the situation as a clear and present danger instigated by an illegal entry into a sovereign nation. Keyword, "illegal".

I'll call them as I see them, and every time my trips down to hike along the border in California brought me into contact with the "Minutemen", they were a bunch of old white guys sitting in lawn chairs, chugging beer and talking about how illegal immigrants took their jobs. It's pathetic. It's what we have a Border Patrol for. Someday, possibly soon, one of those hicks is going to shoot an illegal immigrant. It's going to be a circus, it's going to end up in the courts, and somehow or another it's going to result in the rest of us seeing our rights lessened again because a bunch of old white guys decided they want to be Wyatt Earp when they grow up.

Old white guys and hicks?  

So labeling actually is ok?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(04-19-2019, 04:52 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 02:11 PM)B2hibry Wrote: One may also interpret the situation as a clear and present danger instigated by an illegal entry into a sovereign nation. Keyword, "illegal".

Since you didn’t get the hint...Please refrain from using that term you so lovingly associate with old, drunk white guys. Makes you no better than those who want to throw around terms for thug black guys, Mexicans or any other  race/nationality. Pretty sure you can make a digestible point without it.

(04-19-2019, 07:08 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 04:52 PM)TJBender Wrote: I'll call them as I see them, and every time my trips down to hike along the border in California brought me into contact with the "Minutemen", they were a bunch of old white guys sitting in lawn chairs, chugging beer and talking about how illegal immigrants took their jobs. It's pathetic. It's what we have a Border Patrol for. Someday, possibly soon, one of those hicks is going to shoot an illegal immigrant. It's going to be a circus, it's going to end up in the courts, and somehow or another it's going to result in the rest of us seeing our rights lessened again because a bunch of old white guys decided they want to be Wyatt Earp when they grow up.
Since you didn’t get the hint...Please refrain from using that term you so lovingly associate with old, drunk white guys. Makes you no better than those who want to throw around terms for thug black guys, Mexicans or any other  race/nationality. Pretty sure you can make a digestible point without it.
So then we should pretty much get rid of every single insult that’s gets thrown around here right?

Snowflakes? Libtards? 

I mean terms like that get thrown around daily on this board but when he calls a group of people hicks, that’s a line crosser right?