Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With the 7th pick in the 2019 NFL draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select...

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2019, 03:46 AM by knarnn.)

(04-22-2019, 01:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I’m getting a strong feeling it’s :
Taylor , then trade up for Fant unless a defender falls they can’t pass up.

I think it’s Taylor as well. Unfortunately. Not so sure about the trade up for Fant unless it’s for 2020 picks. They’ve done their due diligence on some of the “2nd tier” TE group ie. Smith, Knox etc who should be available in the 2nd round. That, coupled with trading up for a position that Coughlin views as having depth would seem counterintuitive no? But it would be nice to be wrong.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm getting a strong feeling it's going to be Hockenson.

I think the Jags would prefer to trade down and select an offensive lineman at around pick #10 to 14. If they can't trade down, they will take the best player available, and I think that will be Hockenson.

I don't think the Jags will have an offensive lineman rated high enough to pick at #7.

(04-23-2019, 06:03 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm getting a strong feeling it's going to be Hockenson.  

I think the Jags would prefer to trade down and select an offensive lineman at around pick #10 to 14.   If they can't trade down, they will take the best player available, and I think that will be Hockenson.  

I don't think the Jags will have an offensive lineman rated high enough to pick at #7.

I am in agreement with this. If they were able to trade down to pick 10 or 14, there would still be a very good tackle on the board- preferably Jonah Williams. They would need to get fair compensation- which to me would be a 2nd rounder this year plus another second rounder next year- especially if they drop down to 14. They would then have the option of trading up for either Fant or Smith using the extra pick they received. For this draft to be considered a success, they need to get Hockenson, Fant or Smith. The other tight ends are either too unproven (i.e. Knox) or have too many limitations to be a factor next season.

(04-23-2019, 06:03 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm getting a strong feeling it's going to be Hockenson.  

I think the Jags would prefer to trade down and select an offensive lineman at around pick #10 to 14.   If they can't trade down, they will take the best player available, and I think that will be Hockenson.  

Agreed, I think that's the plan

I hope you're right.

Hock.....will be a great complement to Foles and Fournette.

(04-23-2019, 07:38 PM)burt1jason Wrote: Hock.....will be a great complement to Foles and Fournette.

That, plus he will probably be BAP and a position of need.  Perfect match

I would love it to be an exciting offensive player like Hockenson.

But I’m convinced it will be another defensive lineman or someone from a university in Florida.

If we trade back to 11-13 and Hockenson is gone when do yall want? Williams would be my top guy if available.

(04-24-2019, 09:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we trade back to 11-13 and Hockenson is gone when do yall want? Williams would be my top guy if available.

Jonah?

(04-24-2019, 09:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we trade back to 11-13 and Hockenson is gone when do yall want? Williams would be my top guy if available.

Yes, I agree. He'll probably end up being the best tackle in this class. If the price isn't unreasonable, I'd likely trade back up into the the end of round 1 to get Irv Smith before the Patriots take him. There's a big drop-off after that at tight end.

Williams and Smith would be good, but I'd prefer Hockenson and McGary. Unfortunately, it looks like he'll be taken before the Jaguars pick in round 2.

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2019, 11:41 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-24-2019, 10:01 AM)JackCity Wrote:

Jonah?

Yeah

(04-24-2019, 10:13 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:

Yes, I agree. He'll probably end up being the best tackle in this class. If the price isn't unreasonable, I'd likely trade back up into the the end of round 1 to get Irv Smith before the Patriots take him. There's a big drop-off after that at tight end.

Williams and Smith would be good, but I'd prefer Hockenson and McGary. Unfortunately, it looks like he'll be taken before the Jaguars pick in round 2.

Trade up for Smith?  God no, I don't think the Pat's would take him in the 1st

(04-24-2019, 11:39 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 10:01 AM)JackCity Wrote: Jonah?

Yeah

(04-24-2019, 10:13 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: Yes, I agree. He'll probably end up being the best tackle in this class. If the price isn't unreasonable, I'd likely trade back up into the the end of round 1 to get Irv Smith before the Patriots take him. There's a big drop-off after that at tight end.

If Taylor and Jonah are both there who you taking

I don't think we'd be able to get Jonah or Hockenson if we traded down that far. Maybe Dillard or Fant though.

No it's just a hypothetical

(04-24-2019, 12:07 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 11:39 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah

If Taylor and Jonah are both there who you taking

William's, have already said this a couple times

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2019, 12:46 PM by JackCity.)

(04-24-2019, 12:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 12:07 PM)JackCity Wrote: If Taylor and Jonah are both there who you taking

William's, have already said this a couple times

Really? I thought you were a Taylor guy.

Vaguely remember you saying you were a Jonah fan until his last game Vs Clemson happened

(04-24-2019, 12:43 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 12:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: William's, have already said this a couple times

Really? I thought you were a Taylor guy.

Vaguely remember you saying you were a Jonah fan until his last game Vs Clemson happened

That game does cause some concern at tackle That said he can play any of the oline positions and if he don't work out at tackle I think he could be a really good guard and take Canns spot.  I like Taylor but i never wanted him at 7 and now it's coming out that there are medical red flags

(04-24-2019, 12:14 PM)Upper Wrote: I don't think we'd be able to get Jonah or Hockenson if we traded down that far. Maybe Dillard or Fant though.
Honestly, if the Jags don't take Hockenson at #7 and they trade back, I could see him slipping to them at 13 or 15. TEs almost always slip further than you think they will. Let's say Washington wants Haskins and they give up their 2nd rounder plus a 4th for him.

7. Washington- Haskins
8. Lions- Ferrell
9. Buffalo- Metcalf
10. Broncos- Taylor
11. Bengals- Jonah Williams
12. GB- Dillard
13. Miami- Burns
14. ATL- Cody Ford
15. Jags- Hockenson

Then with their 2 2's they take a G/T and Harry

(04-24-2019, 01:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 12:14 PM)Upper Wrote: I don't think we'd be able to get Jonah or Hockenson if we traded down that far. Maybe Dillard or Fant though.
Honestly, if the Jags don't take Hockenson at #7 and they trade back, I could see him slipping to them at 13 or 15. TEs almost always slip further than you think they will. Let's say Washington wants Haskins and they give up their 2nd rounder plus a 4th for him.

7. Washington- Haskins
8. Lions- Ferrell
9. Buffalo- Metcalf
10. Broncos- Taylor
11. Bengals- Jonah Williams
12. GB- Dillard
13. Miami- Burns
14. ATL- Cody Ford
15. Jags- Hockenson

Then with their 2 2's they take a G/T and Harry
Most TE prospects aren't as good as TJ though. No way do I see Hockenson making it to 15 when every one of those teams could use a TE