Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TJ Yeldon signs 2 year deal with Buf.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1761740

A good spot for him imo

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sad to see him go. Wish him the best, he good.

He's gonna be a pro bowler, #becausejaguars

(04-22-2019, 09:58 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: He's gonna be a pro bowler, #becausejaguars

Yeah, having Josh Allen will help.  Ivory and Yeldon back together again

(04-22-2019, 09:19 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: Sad to see him go. Wish him the best, he good.

As a 3rd RB? yeah

He won't see the field with Gore and McCoy there.

Good for him! Hope he plays hard and maybe comes out as the starter up there. Not saying it'll happen, but who knows.

I never hated him while he was here

(04-22-2019, 10:02 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-22-2019, 09:58 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: He's gonna be a pro bowler, #becausejaguars

Yeah, having Josh Allen will help.  Ivory and Yeldon back together again

They cut Ivory when they signed Gore.

I would have loved for him to resign w/us. Our new offensive scheme would be fitting to his style of play.

?

NH3...
"AZANE"

(04-22-2019, 07:26 PM)NH3 Wrote: I would have loved for him to resign w/us. Our new offensive scheme would be fitting to his style of play.

?

NH3...

When he sat down and quit on the team last season he was done

Good for him. He deserves it. Was disappointed he got salty here and wasn't retained.

I hope so, not only for his sake but ours.

His departure figures into our compensatory picks next year, yes?

(04-22-2019, 08:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-22-2019, 07:26 PM)NH3 Wrote: I would have loved for him to resign w/us. Our new offensive scheme would be fitting to his style of play.

?

NH3...

When he sat down and quit on the team last season he was done

This comment is incorrect. 

He didn't "Sit Down and Quit on the Team" last season. He was deactivated for several games by management for unknown reasons to my knowledge. He was actually our best/healthiest RB in 2018 to say the least. 

NH3...
"AZANE"

(04-23-2019, 04:23 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote:

I hope so, not only for his sake but ours.

IIRC it's tied more to contract, rather than performance. The deal we signed with Foles pretty much guarantees comp picks are out of the question.

(04-24-2019, 11:42 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 04:23 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: I hope so, not only for his sake but ours.

IIRC it's tied more to contract, rather than performance. The deal we signed with Foles pretty much guarantees comp picks are out of the question.

Not to get too wonky about it or derail the thread, it's attached to both, but you're correct.  From wiki (sorry, feeling lazy):

"The placement of picks is determined by a proprietary formula based on the player's average annual salary, playing time, and postseason honors with his new team, with salary being the primary factor. So, for example, a team that lost a linebacker who signed for $2.5 million per year in free agency might get a sixth-round compensatory pick, while a team that lost a wide receiver who signed for $5 million per year might receive a fourth-round pick."

My understanding is that if we lose more "good" players in free agency than we got from free agency, we may get a compensatory pick.  We were awarded one this year, but I can't remember for whom.  I think it's more if Foles lights it up Philly will get a comp pick more than Jax would lose a compensatory pick.

So I hope both Foles and Yeldon light it up.

(04-23-2019, 11:46 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(04-22-2019, 08:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: When he sat down and quit on the team last season he was done

He didn't "Sit Down and Quit on the Team" last season. He was deactivated for several games by management for unknown reasons to my knowledge. He was actually our best/healthiest RB in 2018 to say the least. 

NH3...

The comment isn't incorrect, he obviously was the guy that was reported to have refused to go into the game the final week of the season. He sat on the bench next to Fournette for the entire game looking disinterested.

(04-24-2019, 01:16 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 11:42 AM)Mikey Wrote: IIRC it's tied more to contract, rather than performance. The deal we signed with Foles pretty much guarantees comp picks are out of the question.

Not to get too wonky about it or derail the thread, it's attached to both, but you're correct.  From wiki (sorry, feeling lazy):

"The placement of picks is determined by a proprietary formula based on the player's average annual salary, playing time, and postseason honors with his new team, with salary being the primary factor. So, for example, a team that lost a linebacker who signed for $2.5 million per year in free agency might get a sixth-round compensatory pick, while a team that lost a wide receiver who signed for $5 million per year might receive a fourth-round pick."

My understanding is that if we lose more "good" players in free agency than we got from free agency, we may get a compensatory pick.  We were awarded one this year, but I can't remember for whom.  I think it's more if Foles lights it up Philly will get a comp pick more than Jax would lose a compensatory pick.

So I hope both Foles and Yeldon light it up.

We got the Rams comp pick in the Fowler trade.

(04-23-2019, 11:46 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(04-22-2019, 08:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: When he sat down and quit on the team last season he was done

NH3...

No, it is correct and he did quit on the team. He was activated when he declined to come in the game after he was asked and he was sitting on the sidelines next to Fournette laughing and distancing himself from the rest of the team.