Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Taven Bryan expectations?

(08-06-2019, 08:40 AM)rfc17 Wrote: Was thinking if he was going to transform into a great player, we'd start seeing that improvement during this training camp.  A year under his belt of experience and NFL level coaching.  Since the reports from camp arent great, doesnt give me hope he'll take that next step.  But who knows, still early.  

Still think he will have a nice career as a rotational guy.

Hopefully he'll flash some ability to be disruptive against Baltimore.  But if he's going up against camp fodder and he's ineffective or getting handled, it will invite more doubt and scrutiny.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-07-2019, 08:14 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 08:40 AM)rfc17 Wrote: Was thinking if he was going to transform into a great player, we'd start seeing that improvement during this training camp.  A year under his belt of experience and NFL level coaching.  Since the reports from camp arent great, doesnt give me hope he'll take that next step.  But who knows, still early.  

Still think he will have a nice career as a rotational guy.

Hopefully he'll flash some ability to be disruptive against Baltimore.  But if he's going up against camp fodder and he's ineffective or getting handled, it will invite more doubt and scrutiny.

I wouldn't judge the guy until we play some actual games.

At least if he simply turns out to be a role player like Alualu, we didn't spend a top 10 draft pick on him like we did with Tyson .... sending shock waves across the 904 -- Thanks Gene

(08-07-2019, 07:05 AM)Rico Wrote: All pro or he's a bust.

That's what some fans say about any player who makes the final roster, lol.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

This is that I meant when I said he's a 3-4 year development player. Shouldn't be expected to contribute as a good player this season.

Taven, Taben, they both frustrate Ramsey.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/comment...dium=web2x
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

If nothing else, he NEEDS to cut down on the friggin penalties.

I can live with a guy taking time to develop, but boneheadedness is unacceptable at this level of the sport. In games that count those kinds of penalties cost a team the chance to secure a win.

Is he in danger of being cut?

After that last penalty he was pulled from the game and never came back.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2019, 10:45 AM by Rockman1966.)

Just a "guy." Smoot has outplayed him. Two personal fouls against the QB; immature, undisciplined, and just plain stupid.

Taven Bryan had 10.5 tackles for loss and 5.5 sacks with the Gators in his 30 games. It's not like he was wreaking havoc in the SEC

By comparison Josh Allen racked up 42.5 tackles for loss and 31 sacks in his 42 games with Kentucky.

Bryan is garbage

Is the Wyoming Wildman eligible for the Practice Squad?

(08-23-2019, 10:32 AM)KingJones Wrote: Is he in danger of being cut?

He'll be fine in a rotational role at 3 tech. 
He still just needs to learn so much about the game.  Right now his only pre-snap thought is to beat the guy in front of him. 
If Wash, Rebrovich, Capers and company can teach him how to diagnose offensive formations and have an idea where the ball is going he might not be so lost once he reaches the backfield or sheds his block. 
It's disappointing that he's not farther along with that stuff, but his physical attributes mean he'll get more time to learn.

Can only hope!

(08-23-2019, 11:52 AM)waveZ666 Wrote:

Can only hope!

I don't think rooting for a #29 pick to be cut is a wise strategy. We should be hoping the lightbulb come on in his head so the draft capital was not wasted.

(08-23-2019, 11:53 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-23-2019, 11:52 AM)waveZ666 Wrote: Can only hope!

I don't think rooting for a #29 pick to be cut is a wise strategy. We should be hoping the lightbulb come on in his head so the draft capital was not wasted.

Nothing about Tom & Dave is wise  Banana

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2019, 12:36 PM by knarnn.)

He definitely had two boneheaded penalties. Those cannot happen at all in a game. Especially against better teams where those 2nd chance penalties can lead to points. He deserves the bashing he’s receiving today.

With that said, I did notice him getting into the back field a ton more this game than the previous two games. Those penalties don’t happen without him getting the QB pressure.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(08-23-2019, 12:27 PM)waveZ666 Wrote:
(08-23-2019, 11:53 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't think rooting for a #29 pick to be cut is a wise strategy. We should be hoping the lightbulb come on in his head so the draft capital was not wasted.

Nothing about Tom & Dave is wise  Banana

Ahhhh, you're one of those.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Two QB hits recorded...both penalties!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

I just rewatched every defensive snap of the first quarter from last night.
There really wasn't anything egigious from Taven and his guy had help blocking him about 30% of the time. (they were sliding a back or TE to the left side in protection some since their LT was a backup)
You'd definitely like to see better technique and awareness from a second year #29 pick, but he didn't look "bad" on any of those snaps. I can't get on board with the hate yet. Disappointed he's looking like a project still, but, the upside athletically is still there if he can develop. He just turned 23 in the Spring. I'm cool giving him a bit more time to show up. I'd also bet we see him freed up a little when Dareus is back in there to garner attention from interior o-linemen.

Bambi just needs to settle down out there and play smarter. No need to cost your team in penalties. Said it before in this thread already. It's just too early to give up on him at this time.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."