Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Trade Ramsey for third overall pick
Yes
ya? NO!
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
NFL.com.(GMF) How Jets May Trade #3 Pick for Ramsey

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2019, 04:45 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-23-2019, 03:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 03:24 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Yes to all of this. Even the monster contract demand alone is worth doing it for. The Jags would be guaranteed Allen, Bosa, or Williams at #3 and then take an offensive piece at #7. And like you said, take BAP corner near the top of round 2. Bouye would be no slouch as a #1 corner. I'd rather have a monster D-line that comes in waves than a pretty good but aging line with a dominant corner who eats up a ton of cap room.
Cool. And if Williams/Bosa/Allen don't pan out? Then what?

You've given up an All-Pro corner (which in todays NFL might be just as important as pass rusher) for basically nothing.

One of the things that used to annoy the piss outta me about Ketchman is his simplistic cliches, one of which was "picks, not players."

The whole purpose of draft picks is to acquire players, at least good players, hopefully great.

In one of the few times in team history, we drafted a great player. 

A great player at a premium position.

A great player still in his prime. 

A great player still on his rookie deal with two years left counting the 5th year option the team already said it would exercise.

A great player who has not suffered any serious injuries.

A great player who has not gotten into any off field issues, other than making "controversial" statements.  Not political statements.  Not religious statements.  Not racist statements.  Just his evaluation of other players.  Not even any outlandish contract demands.

A great player who has stated he wants to play his entire career here.

Yet there are those in this fanbase itching to deal him away for players who may or may not play at a premium position who may or may not work out.

I don't get it.

If we were a team as bad as the 1989 Cowboys and nearly completely devoid of talent, and Ramsey were on the team and the only one with trade value,  maybe I deal him if we could get a Herschel Walker type deal.  But despite our record last year, we're far more talented than that, and nobody is talking about a Herschel Walker type deal.  They are talking about straight up for a 31 year old WR and straight up for one first round pick for a prospect not likely to be Ramsey's equal in talent or impact.

Unreal.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-23-2019, 07:42 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I can't believe people are voting to trade Ramsey.

wow

In Madden it is a great trade for us. Too bad this isn't Madden.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2019, 05:02 PM by Cleatwood.)

(04-23-2019, 04:35 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 01:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Question:  If you were to put Ramsey into this draft, where would he be?

He'd still be a consensus top 5 pick, easily

The more I think about the 3 straight up for him, the more insulting it is, and I was indignant at the first sight of this hypo.

You take #3 + something else, maybe a 3rd rounder or a promising young player (cornerback?) on the Jets roster. Kind of like what the Giants got with Jabril Peppers from the Browns in the Beckham deal.
Well the Giants have no clue what they’re doing so there’s that.

Jabril is average while OBJ is elite. Gettleman sucks as a GM and the Giants are going to be absolutely terrible this season.

if jags trade ramsey i wouldn't be one bit surpised.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(04-23-2019, 04:07 PM)Haterade Wrote: Perhaps we can trade Ramsey for Luck

Mahomes? Why not go for the gusto
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(04-23-2019, 05:52 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 04:07 PM)Haterade Wrote: Perhaps we can trade Ramsey for Luck

Mahomes? Why not go for the gusto
Do you think there’s a price for Mahomes?
Like if the Jags offered 7 first round picks, would the Chiefs turn it down?

Ramsey and Bouye together in the backfield would make any secondary elite. Ramsey is also young and makes those incredible INTs giving the entire defense a boost. There's no way to justify trading a talent like Ramsey even for the first overall pick.
'02

(04-23-2019, 07:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 05:52 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Mahomes? Why not go for the gusto
Do you think there’s a price for Mahomes?
Like if the Jags offered 7 first round picks, would the Chiefs turn it down?
Yikes, I don't know man. I'd almost do it based on qb play the last 25 years

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Talent wise I agree we would be getting robbed because we know we have a star in Ramsey but don't know what we will have with the 3rd overall pick. That being said the highest paid cb last year was 15 million/yr. Is it wise to invest 17 million plus at the cb position? I don't think Ramsey is giving any home discounts.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Devil's Advocate:

3. Quennin Williams DT
7. T.J. Hockenson TE
38. Kaleb McGary OT
69. Justin Lane CB
98. Nate Davis OG
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I'd try to keep Jalen here his whole career.
Cornerback is the third or fourth most important position on the field.
Last year was definitely an off year for him though. He played well, but guys like Hopkins and Brown also got some big plays against him. 2017Jalen allowed fewer big plays.
The knee injury got reported late in the year but he was slower than normal all year. I hope it was the knee. None of us know for sure.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

#Rediculousness...

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2019, 02:37 AM by p_rushing.)

(04-23-2019, 02:14 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 01:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: How can you be overrated and also be one of the best?

Is there anything higher than being a top 3 corner? lol

Came here to say exactly this.  How do you overrate him if he's one of the best and still improving?  lol
It's his $ value that will be overrated.
(04-23-2019, 07:53 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Talent wise I agree we would be getting robbed because we know we have a star in Ramsey but don't know what we will have with the 3rd overall pick. That being said the highest paid cb last year was 15 million/yr. Is it wise to invest 17 million plus at the cb position? I don't think Ramsey is giving any home discounts.
Yep a CB is really only as good as the DL is. You can't cover double moves and routes designed to clear out the field if the QB has time. At best a CB can stop 1 WR, there are 1-4 more on the field usually. The DL can take out multiple players and that opens up holes in the OL for other DL to get to the QB. It is much more important to get pressure in <3 seconds than to pay a CB to cover for >3 seconds.

A well timed throw can beat any CB, but you can't stop a great DE without using multiple players and hurting your offense.

As far as the trade, I would only do it if they got 2 picks for him, 1st and 3rd or better, or if they already know they can't afford the contract he wants.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2019, 07:38 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

You don't trade pro bowl caliber players just coming into their prime for a draft pick period. They have my dream job of just dreaming up scenarios to shake up the league.
No pain, no gain.

Oh, "Ramsey" this, and uhh, "Ramsey" that.... Ramsey can treat a trick! Nah, I'm just playin..lol!
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

So we trade Ramsey, but we keep Fournette?............ I get the talk about trading Telvin, but this Ramsey talk is ridiculous......
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(04-23-2019, 09:52 PM)mikesez Wrote: I'd try to keep Jalen here his whole career.
Cornerback is the third or fourth most important position on the field.
Last year was definitely an off year for him though. He played well, but guys like Hopkins and Brown also got some big plays against him.  2017Jalen allowed fewer big plays.
The knee injury got reported late in the year but he was slower than normal all year.  I hope it was the knee. None of us know for sure.

He was playing injured and still managed a pro bowl caliber year. He may not have been All Pro status like the prior season, but to still be in the top5 despite a injury is pretty impressive. 

I know this is the dead zone where people speculate and toss around possibilities but this one is stupid. I wouldn't even entertain the idea.

There's really 17 [BLEEP] hats who actually voted to trade Ramsey... Jesus christ  Wallbash

I think Telvin gets traded, and we end up extending Ramsey. It's ridiculous to think they'd trade a guy who is one of the best at his position, and the best player on this roster. Yet, the buffoons in the media keep thinking it's a possibility.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2019, 11:13 AM by sfljaguarsfan.)

(04-23-2019, 07:42 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I can't believe people are voting to trade Ramsey.

wow

Kind've proves the level of clueless by some folks around here who are actually agreeing with the idea... Let's trade a top player in his position and All Pro  for a draft pick who statistically has as much chance to bust as to be good. Makes TOTAL sense LOLLLLLL