Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DJs Final Mock

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...nd-haskins

Im good with it

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-24-2019, 09:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...nd-haskins

Im good with it

I see the Giants taking a QB... their saying they won't is a smokescreen.
'02

(04-25-2019, 11:05 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 09:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...nd-haskins

Im good with it

I see the Giants taking a QB... their saying they won't is a smokescreen.

Lock, Jone, or Haskins?

Elgton Jenkins at Center over Erik McCoy?

(04-25-2019, 11:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 11:05 AM)Jags02 Wrote: I see the Giants taking a QB... their saying they won't is a smokescreen.

Lock, Jone, or Haskins?

I've heard they like Jones, but I feel like Haskins would be a better fit for them. 
'02

Joejuan Williams at CB over Greedy Williams and DeAndre Baker?
'02

(04-25-2019, 11:20 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Joejuan Williams at CB over Greedy Williams and DeAndre Baker?

Baker for me, not the fastest WR but the best imo.  Kind of like Desmond King, both Thorpe Award winners too

(04-25-2019, 11:23 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 11:20 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Joejuan Williams at CB over Greedy Williams and DeAndre Baker?

Baker for me, not the fastest WR but the best imo.  Kind of like Desmond King, both Thorpe Award winners too

What about Jenkins vs McCoy at Center?
'02

(04-25-2019, 11:33 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 11:23 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Baker for me, not the fastest WR but the best imo.  Kind of like Desmond King, both Thorpe Award winners too

What about Jenkins vs McCoy at Center?

Bradbury is the best center to me

(04-25-2019, 11:34 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 11:33 AM)Jags02 Wrote: What about Jenkins vs McCoy at Center?

I would be super happy with Bradbury.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-25-2019, 11:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 11:05 AM)Jags02 Wrote: I see the Giants taking a QB... their saying they won't is a smokescreen.

Lock, Jone, or Haskins?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...iel-jones/
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-25-2019, 11:54 AM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 11:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lock, Jone, or Haskins?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...iel-jones/

I've seen all that talk but is it just smoke?

(04-25-2019, 11:34 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 11:33 AM)Jags02 Wrote: What about Jenkins vs McCoy at Center?

I'm referring to the Ravens pick with Bradbury already gone.
'02

(04-25-2019, 12:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 11:54 AM)knarnn Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...iel-jones/

I've seen all that talk but is it just smoke?

Sounds like a forgone conclusion at this point. I see no reason for them to take the chance of him slipping past Miami, Denver, and Washington so we may see 3 QBs go in the top 10.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2019, 12:50 PM by Caldrac.)

New England taking Fant to cap off tonight would make me sick for the rest of the NFL. That's the last place you want to see him. I can't imagine Mike Mayock taking Josh Jacobs with the 24th overall pick at RB though. I know Lynch just announced his retirement yesterday. They used Doug Martin a lot more last year and I can't remember if he was retained or not this off season. So they may have a need. But I find it hard to believe that they would pass on Clelin Ferrell or Jeffery Simmons with how terrible they were at rushing the passer last year after the Mack trade.

Even with them taking Ed Oliver 4th overall in this mock draft you can never have too many good pass rushers on your defense. Ferrell or Simmons would be great compliments to Oliver at that point. I wouldn't be shocked if Fant went to the Raiders as well with that 24th or 27th overall pick.

Hate the tinhorns getting Dillard to shore up their woeful offensive line though. Montez Sweat falling to 16th overall seems unlikely. Marquise Brown to the tacks at 19th overall doesn't concern me too much because they honestly have question marks still at the QB position. Mariota has regressed damn near every year as a passer as far as his overall production. He also tends to get nicked up and Tannehill is really not all that much better. Seems like a waste of talent with Brown ending up on a team built around the ground game.

Tonight is going to be interesting. Can't wait to see a run at some point at the QB position though. It'll start with Arizona potentially taking Murray right off the bat but I wouldn't be surprised if they go in a completely different direction and he slips from there. Haskins, Jones and Lock all falling out of the top 15 wouldn't shock me at all. The Giants are the tricky ones here though. If they're holding onto Manning after they ran Barkley hard last year and they parted ways with ODB you would think they would aim to either add more depth to the offensive line to keep making way for Barkley or they would add another skill position player.

They could quietly be aiming at a WR like Brown or even Metcalf with the 17th overall pick.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-25-2019, 12:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote: New England taking Fant to cap off tonight would make me sick for the rest of the NFL. That's the last place you want to see him. I can't imagine Mike Mayock taking Josh Jacobs with the 24th overall pick at RB though. I know Lynch just announced his retirement yesterday. They used Doug Martin a lot more last year and I can't remember if he was retained or not this off season. So they may have a need. But I find it hard to believe that they would pass on Clelin Ferrell or Jeffery Simmons with how terrible they were at rushing the passer last year after the Mack trade.

Even with them taking Ed Oliver 4th overall in this mock draft you can never have too many good pass rushers on your defense. Ferrell or Simmons would be great compliments to Oliver at that point.  I wouldn't be shocked if Fant went to the Raiders as well with that 24th or 27th overall pick.

Hate the tinhorns getting Dillard to shore up their woeful offensive line though. Montez Sweat falling to 16th overall seems unlikely. Marquise Brown to the tacks at 19th overall doesn't concern me too much because they honestly have question marks still at the QB position. Mariota has regressed damn near every year as a passer as far as his overall production. He also tends to get nicked up and Tannehill is really not all that much better. Seems like a waste of talent with Brown ending up on a team built around the ground game.

Tonight is going to be interesting. Can't wait to see a run at some point at the QB position though. It'll start with Arizona potentially taking Murray right off the bat but I wouldn't be surprised if they go in a completely different direction and he slips from there. Haskins, Jones and Lock all falling out of the top 15 wouldn't shock me at all. The Giants are the tricky ones here though. If they're holding onto Manning after they ran Barkley hard last year and they parted ways with ODB you would think they would aim to either add more depth to the offensive line to keep making way for Barkley or they would add another skill position player.

They could quietly be aiming at a WR like Brown or even Metcalf with the 17th overall pick.

Another wildcard is the Dolphins. I see them eyeing a few QBs and may even trade up for one, however, I also see them really liking the idea of getting Montez Sweat at #13. 

As for Dillard, they can have him. At least for the Jaguars, he's off my board as we would need guys who can run block, but you'd think the same would apply with the Texans. And to trade up for Dillard? Dillard? That's a total Gene Smith move.  

As for the Cards taking Murray, I too was starting to think they pass. I even predicted he'd fall to #3 and the Raiders would move up a spot to get him so nobody passes them. That said, it now looks like the Cards may trade Rosen to the Dolphins for a 2nd round pick. That would take the Dolphins out of the QB hunt making them really like Sweat at #13 and would ensure the Cards taking Murray #1. 
'02

(04-25-2019, 01:07 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 12:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote: New England taking Fant to cap off tonight would make me sick for the rest of the NFL. That's the last place you want to see him. I can't imagine Mike Mayock taking Josh Jacobs with the 24th overall pick at RB though. I know Lynch just announced his retirement yesterday. They used Doug Martin a lot more last year and I can't remember if he was retained or not this off season. So they may have a need. But I find it hard to believe that they would pass on Clelin Ferrell or Jeffery Simmons with how terrible they were at rushing the passer last year after the Mack trade.

Even with them taking Ed Oliver 4th overall in this mock draft you can never have too many good pass rushers on your defense. Ferrell or Simmons would be great compliments to Oliver at that point.  I wouldn't be shocked if Fant went to the Raiders as well with that 24th or 27th overall pick.

Another wildcard is the Dolphins. I see them eyeing a few QBs and may even trade up for one, however, I also see them really liking the idea of getting Montez Sweat at #13. 

As for Dillard, they can have him. At least for the Jaguars he's off my board as we would need guys who can run block, but you'd think the same would apply with the Texans. And to trade up for Dillard? Dillard? That's a total Gene Smith move.  
I think Miami is going to build their roster for next years QB class. They are going to build the lines on both sides of the ball and get ready for Herbert, Tua or Fromm.

(04-25-2019, 01:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 01:07 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Another wildcard is the Dolphins. I see them eyeing a few QBs and may even trade up for one, however, I also see them really liking the idea of getting Montez Sweat at #13. 

As for Dillard, they can have him. At least for the Jaguars he's off my board as we would need guys who can run block, but you'd think the same would apply with the Texans. And to trade up for Dillard? Dillard? That's a total Gene Smith move.  
I think Miami is going to build their roster for next years QB class. They are going to build the lines on both sides of the ball and get ready for Herbert, Tua or Fromm.

Read my last edit about Rosen.
'02

(04-25-2019, 01:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 01:07 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Another wildcard is the Dolphins. I see them eyeing a few QBs and may even trade up for one, however, I also see them really liking the idea of getting Montez Sweat at #13. 

Dolphins wanting to trade for Rosen