Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Josh Allen vs TJ Hockenson
This poll is closed.
Allen
61.11%
22 61.11%
Hockenson
38.89%
14 38.89%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Allen or Hockensom

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2019, 02:53 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Out if the 4 elite defenders in think Josh Allen has the best chance to be there at 7.  NYG and Tampa have both taken a TE in the first the last few years so Hockenson will most likely be there as well.  If Allen and Hockenson is there, who do you take

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Allen. Pass rush >>> TE. Add to that the pass rush depth is way wayyyy worse than TE depth in this draft. I feel confident Irv, Sternberger, and Knox will be there Rd 2, possibly 3

Tough one. We need a game-changing TE that can catch and block but we also lack decent depth at DE. I think I'd lean TE with considering BAP as well as need. A DE can be found in later rounds. Not sure the same can be said for a complete TE.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

I think Joe Jackson could be a target for us in the 3rd if we go TE and oline in the 1st or 2nd

I'm too sick of not having a TE. Has to be Hockenson

I would take Allen AND Sweat over Hockenson if they're on the board. That would be my hardest decision IMHO. If Allen and Sweat are on the board and Hockenson is there I instantly take Hockenson off the table. It now comes down to Allen or Sweat.

TE wise we have some options later on. We could trade back up for Fant potentially. We could look at a guy like Caleb Wilson who is more of a receiving type TE. Or Moreau out of LSU who is more of a blocking type TE but has some decent short-to-mid receiving potential. We'll see.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I voted Allen because pass rusher is a premium position, TE is not. You can never have too many pass rushers. The more the better.

Plus, as some have already stated, the TE depth in this draft means we can get a good TE later.

I think the dline depth is deeper than TE depth.

I desperately want Hockenson, but I believe Allen is the best player in the draft. I'm torn.

Allen and then trade up for Fant.

Or trade down get some good picks and Fant, OL and TE with the other picks.

I didn't think this scenario was possible. Then it happened. Lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Hockenson and Fant owe Kittle all the gem stones that Thanos seeks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-25-2019, 10:32 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Hockenson and Fant owe Kittle all the gem stones that Thanos seeks.

Why? 3 TEs went in the 1st 2 years ago.

He put Iowa on the map for that position.

(04-25-2019, 10:53 PM)Caldrac Wrote: He put Iowa on the map for that position.

He who?

Iowa has been producing quality TEs for a while, dating back to Marv Cook circa 1990.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-25-2019, 11:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 10:53 PM)Caldrac Wrote: He put Iowa on the map for that position.

He who?

Iowa has been producing quality TEs for a while, dating back to Marv Cook circa 1990.

Hey now. Let's not let an opinion get in the way of facts.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-25-2019, 11:10 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 11:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote: He who?

Hey now. Let's not let an opinion get in the way of facts.
Fine. "Back" on the map. Is that fair? I forgot they had Dallas Clark and Tony Moeaki. They both burned us in games before.

Allen no doubt after the fact, but he also had the best the best threads at the show. Lol.

NEITHER

ALLEN DA GOAT