Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags take Josh Allen in the 1st

(04-25-2019, 09:47 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 09:37 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: This one pick dictates how our offense will run for the entirety of their careers? What?
Yes. Because we'll never get better on offense with these kinds of decisions. Never.

Boy, I just wish we had more draft picks or something.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I see Allen lining up at Sam in the base 4-3, because he is good in coverage and against the run, and when we go to the nickle defense, we pull one of the tackles, move Calais inside, and move Allen to DE.

This guy is so scheme flexible, he's perfect for us. Plus, he's a high-motor, high-character guy.

What a gift. Sometimes, you just get lucky.

We selected the BAP and the selection enhanced our defense to say the least. We're now assured to have legitimate pass rushers for the next four-five years. I seriously got what I wished for in the first round. Bring on round two.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(04-26-2019, 02:24 AM)Eric1 Wrote: I like the pick, it makes sense and was the BPA, but the longer they wait to pay Ngakoue, the more it's going to cost and the cost is already high... Lawrence and Clark just set the bottom, top dollar of the market for pass rushers..

Then you add onto the fact that they'll have to pay Ramsey as well in the following year...

And that's not even bringing up giving Myles Jack a new contract...

I wouldn't be surprised if we lose 2 of those 3 and it'll all be because of them wasting money on Foles.

Good teams make it a priority of keeping their home grown talent and so far it doesn't look like we're trying to do that.

When you make good selections in consecutive drafts. End up hitting on multiple players in one draft, the inevitable happens. You have to pay the price of selecting successfully. We know that we cannot pay big contracts to multiple players consecutively, soooooooooo, we draft said players replacement(s).

NH3...
"AZANE"

(04-26-2019, 12:31 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Is anyone else as excited for week two as I am?

If week 2 is against the titans... IDK if excited is the word. I'm freakin urinated (is that clean enough?) that we done lost to them 3 times in a row with the last 1, us lookin like a pop-warner team. So i can't wait to get some much needed get back.  Would be mad as hades if we lose... I guess anxious is the word.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Nervous about how we plan to use him but happy we didnt reach for OT. TJ went right after our pick like every mock predicted so i'll keep an eye to see who turns out better. Fingers crossed we dont Jag this up
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 07:26 AM by fredalwaysajag.)

(04-26-2019, 07:22 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Nervous about how we plan to use him but happy we didnt reach for OT.  TJ went right after our pick like every mock predicted so i'll keep an eye to see who turns out better.  Fingers crossed we dont Jag this up

I'm sorta anxious

Who's gonna start the Nick-name thread??? Or do we wait until all the picks are in?
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(04-26-2019, 02:24 AM)Eric1 Wrote: I like the pick, it makes sense and was the BPA, but the longer they wait to pay Ngakoue, the more it's going to cost and the cost is already high... Lawrence and Clark just set the bottom, top dollar of the market for pass rushers..

Then you add onto the fact that they'll have to pay Ramsey as well in the following year...

I wouldn't be surprised if we lose 2 of those 3 and it'll all be because of them wasting money on Foles.

Good teams make it a priority of keeping their home grown talent and so far it doesn't look like we're trying to do that.

The Patriots don't do this all the time. Why doesn't anybody copy their model?

On Foles- it's beating the dead horse but his average annual $$ is just above middle ground for QBs. There is no lamenting this (unless, obviously, he doesn't perform).

(04-26-2019, 07:22 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Nervous about how we plan to use him but happy we didnt reach for OT.  TJ went right after our pick like every mock predicted so i'll keep an eye to see who turns out better.  Fingers crossed we dont Jag this up

You have to be happy with this pick, regardless on the ultimate career comparison betwixt Allen and Hockenson. This is not a Tytus Howard level pick, this is not a gamble or a reach.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 07:54 AM by Caldrac.)

Not really nervous. He's 21 years old and we stole him there with the 7th overall pick. This is a move to keep the high level of play on defense that we've grown to lean on over the last two years. We have Calais Campbell who will be 33 years old when the regular season starts. Marcell Dareus will be 30 next year as well. We have Yannick Ngakoue & Myles Jack to resign at some point. And we just picked-up Ramsey's option. Taven Bryan may or may not pan out for us as well. He was too raw last year as a rookie but he should be stepping it up now for sure.

He gives us a lot of options though. He could either grow into a primary DE role or he could end up playing OLB if they decide to trade or move on from Telvin Smith to make room for the younger guys on defense. After that steal though I am just excited to see what they end up doing with tonight's three picks between RD2 - RD3.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 08:14 AM by Bullseye.)

(04-26-2019, 07:22 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 12:31 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Is anyone else as excited for week two as I am?

If week 2 is against the titans... IDK if excited is the word. I'm freakin urinated (is that clean enough?) that we done lost to them 3 times in a row with the last 1, us lookin like a pop-warner team. So i can't wait to get some much needed get back.  Would be mad as hades if we lose... I guess anxious is the word.

Week 2 is Houston.  Week 3 is Tennessee.

Truth be told, we owe both of them some [BLEEP] kickings.

I think adding Allen to our front seven will go a long way towards that end.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Nice pick....2019 is shaping up to be a very, very interesting year.
No bb5, healthy O Line.....and defense that stops most everybody.
What's not to like?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I have a feeling he's gonna be a bust. Dante Fowler, Jr anyone?

(04-26-2019, 08:34 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I have a feeling he's gonna be a bust. Dante Fowler, Jr anyone?

He works very hard.  He has a wife and child.  He does charity work.   He's a model citizen.   He's a better player than Dante Fowler, and he's a better person.  

Dante Fowler, Jr?   No.   Much, much better.

(04-26-2019, 06:21 AM)Rico Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 09:47 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Yes. Because we'll never get better on offense with these kinds of decisions. Never.

Boy, I just wish we had more draft picks or something.
Would have been nice if we had signed some players during free agency too....

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 08:56 AM by Caldrac.)

(04-26-2019, 08:34 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I have a feeling he's gonna be a bust. Dante Fowler, Jr anyone?

This kid is 21 years old, decided to stay his senior year at Kentucky after the birth of his son and by all accounts has no off the field concerns. Also, Fowler Jr. was nowhere near as good as this kid was coming out of college. Fowler had some moments at Florida but not the way Allen has had at Kentucky. 

Two completely different players from two completely different backgrounds with Allen being the much better athlete on paper. His combine results actually match-up with his production on the field. 7.0 sacks in 2016, 7.0 sacks in 2017 and then 17.0 sacks last year in 2018 and virtually every defensive award you can think of was given to him. Literally Allen is stronger, just as fast, certainly quicker in shorter distances, has more explosion and was making plays all over the damn place last year. 

I don't see it. This kid is so good at virtually everything you want to see out of a DE/OLB that it'll be very difficult for this defensive coaching staff to [BLEEP] up his development. 

Have faith. I'll go as far to say that he's Terrell Suggs at the maximum of his potential and potentially a notch just above Yannick Ngakoue at the minimum. I don't see a bust here.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 09:05 AM by The Real Marty.)

(04-26-2019, 08:54 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

This kid is 21 years old, decided to stay his senior year at Kentucky after the birth of his son and by all accounts has no off the field concerns. Also, Fowler Jr. was nowhere near as good as this kid was coming out of college. Fowler had some moments at Florida but not the way Allen has had at Kentucky. 

Two completely different players from two completely different backgrounds with Allen being the much better athlete on paper. His combine results actually match-up with his production on the field. 7.0 sacks in 2016, 7.0 sacks in 2017 and then 17.0 sacks last year in 2018 and virtually every defensive award you can think of was given to him. Literally Allen is stronger, just as fast, certainly quicker in shorter distances, has more explosion and was making plays all over the damn place last year. 

I don't see it. This kid is so good at virtually everything you want to see out of a DE/OLB that it'll be very difficult for this defensive coaching staff to [BLEEP] up his development. 

Have faith.

Agreed.  Funny thing, Dave Caldwell was talking about him last night and said he had a fiance and a child.  He doesn't have a fiance, he's married.  You can call me old-fashioned, but to me, that's like whatever is the opposite of a red flag.

I mean, when your home grown talent at QB is Blake Bortles...

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 09:19 AM by jagsfan06.)

I am always happy when the Jaguars select the Bap and it is even better when it is a player at a premium position. Needless to say I was very happy last night that Josh Allen fell to the Jaguars with the 7th overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

very good move on our part. not drafting out of desperation for a need and going with a BAP was a great move. Hockenson is who I wanted and I think he is one of the few TE's who warrant a first round grade but I also did not see Allen getting out of the top 5 soo I cannot complain at all.

The draft has played out a lot differently than I think most would have expected. Jawaan, Irv, and DK are still on the board and I think one will likely be there for our 2nd so think we are still in good shape and can address O in the second.

I love the pick, can't believe he fell to us. 

[Image: giphy.gif]