Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Moving up in the 2nd round

Should the Jags move up and possibly grab Jawaan Taylor or Irv Smith or do you think one of them will be there when the Jags pick in the second round? Or do we go another route? Your thoughts...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sit back...only 5 picks ahead of us. Ford/Risner/Taylor/Smith doubt all 4 go in those 5 picks.

(04-26-2019, 12:52 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Sit back...only 5 picks ahead of us. Ford/Risner/Taylor/Smith doubt all 4 go in those 5 picks.

This... if 3 of them go in the next three picks then we move up.

I think we'll be totally fine staying pat. Plus I want both of those 3rds

(04-26-2019, 12:52 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Sit back...only 5 picks ahead of us. Ford/Risner/Taylor/Smith doubt all 4 go in those 5 picks.

Stay at 38 and do not deal up.

If you look at our three biggest positions of need on offense-RT, TE and WR, we are in good shape where we are.

Currently ahead of us in the draft order in the 2nd round...

33. Arizona
34.  Indy
35.  Oakland
36.  San Francisco
37.  Seattle

If the top 5 teams ahead of us stay where they are, at most, two of those teams have need at T-Arizona and Seattle.

Indy is fine at T with Castonzo (not crazy about him but he is not a huge liability, either, and they just drafted braden Smith last year on the right side.
Oakland just drafted Kolton miller last year and signed Trent Brown as a free  agent this year.
San Francisco just drafted McGlinchey last year and IIRC, Staley hasn't retired yet.
Seattle has Duane Brown at LT.

I don't see Arizona needing a TE in that air raid offense.
Indy is fine there with Ebron
Maybe Oakland takes a TE having lost Cook.
SF is great at Y with Kittle.
Maybe Seattle needs another target for Wilson.

Of the three positions, WR represents the biggest risk to us, with Arizona, Indy, SF and Seattle all being possible WR destinations.  The good news is that WR is deep with big, physical WRs this year.

Though I firmly believe Foles needs more weapons, to me, the order of priority should be RT, TE, then WR.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-26-2019, 01:09 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

Stay at 38 and do not deal up.

If you look at our three biggest positions of need on offense-RT, TE and WR, we are in good shape where we are.

Currently ahead of us in the draft order in the 2nd round...

33. Arizona
34.  Indy
35.  Oakland
36.  San Francisco
37.  Seattle

If the top 5 teams ahead of us stay where they are, at most, two of those teams have need at T-Arizona and Seattle.

Indy is fine at T with Castonzo (not crazy about him but he is not a huge liability, either, and they just drafted braden Smith last year on the right side.
Oakland just drafted Kolton miller last year and signed Trent Brown as a free  agent this year.
San Francisco just drafted McGlinchey last year and IIRC, Staley hasn't retired yet.
Seattle has Duane Brown at LT.

I don't see Arizona needing a TE in that air raid offense.
Indy is fine there with Ebron
Maybe Oakland takes a TE having lost Cook.
SF is great at Y with Kittle.
Maybe Seattle needs another target for Wilson.

Of the three positions, WR represents the biggest risk to us, with Arizona, Indy, SF and Seattle all being possible WR destinations.  The good news is that WR is deep with big, physical WRs this year.

Though I firmly believe Foles needs more weapons, to me, the order of priority should be RT, TE, then WR.

What he said

I'd probably stay put and hope either Smith, Ford or Taylor (if healthy) is available. Any of these 3 would be great picks. I would have added Adderley to this list if they went offense in round .

I guess it’s also possible they use the pick to take the best safety available.

NO! Stay put and draft the BAP. One of these guys will be there (Irv Smith, Cody Ford, Dalton Risner, Eric McCoy, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson or Nasir Adderley.)

Thumbs Up 

(04-26-2019, 02:02 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'd probably stay put and hope either Smith, Ford or Taylor (if healthy) is available. Any of these 3 would be great picks. I would have added Adderley to this list if they went offense in round .

Just looking through bio's I didnt realize Risner was so accomplished. Freshman all American. First team big12 three straight years. And best of all played 50 of 51 games. Would love to see an olineman that doesn't get hurt.

Btw what's up with greedy Williams fall? He hurt? Headcase?

There is a better chance of us moving up with 1st 3rd than moving up with our 2nd

I know we need a TE, and Irv Smith is a TE, but I wonder about his size at 6-2, 240. That seems awfully small for an NFL TE.

(04-26-2019, 07:09 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I know we need a TE, and Irv Smith is a TE, but I wonder about his size at 6-2, 240.   That seems awfully small for an NFL TE.

Tack TE Delanie Walker is about the same size-8 lbs heavier.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 07:18 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

I'd rather take one of the tackles than a TE if Taylor, Ford, or Risner falls. All 3 great run blockers that could help Fournette in the run game

Looks like Our. D isn't going anywhere, we need to get the run game back on track

(04-26-2019, 06:28 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: There is a better chance of us moving up with 1st 3rd than moving up with our 2nd

I agree.
Right now I'd stay put at 38 and go OL, gotta protect Foles. I hope it's Risner, loved his interview with Goodall months ago, great character, really smart guy and player, super versatile.

If we trade back into the second round from the third I hope we throw in a 2020 pick and get to keep the ones we have this year. Lots of TE that I think are valuable and will be there in the 3rd (I hope we add 2 TE before the end of the draft), curious to see what happens with some safeties which could slip to our 3rd round pick.

Nice summary bullseye. I concur.

(04-26-2019, 07:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd rather take one of the tackles than a TE if Taylor, Ford, or Risner falls.  All 3 great run blockers that could help Fournette in the run game

Looks like Our. D isn't going anywhere, we need to get the run game back on track

Agreed, I fully expect and hope that they go T in the 2nd.

(04-26-2019, 07:15 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 07:09 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I know we need a TE, and Irv Smith is a TE, but I wonder about his size at 6-2, 240.   That seems awfully small for an NFL TE.

Tack TE Delanie Walker is about the same size-8 lbs heavier.

Walker may even be shorter. Ben Watson has had a really good career and is about that same size also.
;

;