Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nfl mock 2md round

I'd be good with it

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/26/day-2-...will-grier

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I guess I'd be okay with Jawaan Taylor in the 2nd round, but still, I am wondering, what caused him to slide out of the first round?

As a pure receiving threat, Sternberger would be a good choice in the 3rd. But I still think TC would favor the better blocker.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-26-2019, 07:36 AM)Bullseye Wrote: As a pure receiving threat, Sternberger would be a good choice in the 3rd.  But I still think TC would favor the better blocker.

Sternberger made some nasty blocks and dragged defenders 15 yards at times, helped Williams gain over 1700 yards on the ground.  The most underrated blocking TE in this draft.  Go watch some more plays of his and Trayveon William's.  With that said Knox was pff best rated blocking TE although I didn't see him to much because I was always watching Little, Brown, or Metcalf.  Knox is crazy athletic too.  Knox or Sternberger in the 3rd would be better value than Smith imo

Got to go OL in the 2nd.

Knox with first 3rd rounder.

(04-26-2019, 07:47 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Got to go OL in the 2nd.

Knox with first 3rd rounder.

Would love those 1st 3 rounds.  Could get a S or RB with our 2nd 3rd

Here is another day 2 mock.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news...th-safety/

(04-26-2019, 07:06 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I guess I'd be okay with Jawaan Taylor in the 2nd round, but still, I am wondering, what caused him to slide out of the first round?

Supposedly he has potential knee and back problems.  And has always had issues keeping his weight under control.  Also was just reading his bio and it said he drew an unusual amount of false start penalties.  The more I read about him, the more I'd want to pass.  He sounds like kind of a boom or bust guy.  If he could put it all together, stay healthy, stay out of trouble, be focused, put in the work, he has the skillset to be really good.  But is he going to do all that?  Risk reward.

At this point I think I'd rather have Risner.  Freshman all american at center and then all conference each of his last 3 years at RT.  Team captain.  Only missed one game in his career to injury.  Tested out as one of the more athletic tackles.  Good short shuttle, 3 cone, etc...  I'm assuming his ceiling isnt as high as Taylor, but he seems like a safer bet.

(04-26-2019, 07:42 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 07:36 AM)Bullseye Wrote: As a pure receiving threat, Sternberger would be a good choice in the 3rd.  But I still think TC would favor the better blocker.

Sternberger made some nasty blocks and dragged defenders 15 yards at times, helped Williams gain over 1700 yards on the ground.  The most underrated blocking TE in this draft.  Go watch some more plays of his and Trayveon William's.  With that said Knox was pff best rated blocking TE although I didn't see him to much because I was always watching Little, Brown, or Metcalf.  Knox is crazy athletic too.  Knox or Sternberger in the 3rd would be better value than Smith imo

Agree with your closing statement.

I like the RT options potentially available to us in round 2, including Taylor and Ford, both of whom were considered by most to be first round picks.  If I am not mistaken, the team had visits with both players.

(04-26-2019, 07:58 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Here is another day 2 mock.

This has sternberger going in the 2nd.  My initial hope was Hock until we lucked out with Allen.  My second fave was Sternberger but we may have to grab him with our 2nd to land him.  Might be overvalued that high though.

Then there's this one.

Talk about overkill...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...k-draft-3/

(04-26-2019, 08:03 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 07:42 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Sternberger made some nasty blocks and dragged defenders 15 yards at times, helped Williams gain over 1700 yards on the ground.  The most underrated blocking TE in this draft.  Go watch some more plays of his and Trayveon William's.  With that said Knox was pff best rated blocking TE although I didn't see him to much because I was always watching Little, Brown, or Metcalf.  Knox is crazy athletic too.  Knox or Sternberger in the 3rd would be better value than Smith imo

Agree with your closing statement.

I like the RT options potentially available to us in round 2, including Taylor and Ford, both of whom were considered by most to be first round picks.  If I am not mistaken, the team had visits with both players.

What makes you think Sternberger cant block?  A few reports?

(04-26-2019, 07:58 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Here is another day 2 mock.

I prefer this one to the first one posted.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-26-2019, 08:24 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Then there's this one.

Talk about overkill...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...k-draft-3/

I would be very surprised if they took another pass rusher. 

Especially with the tackles still available. Risner is who I think they are targeting.
;

;

Jawaan Taylor would be a steal in the 2nd if there isn't any red flags

I want someone to draft Jawaan Taylor before our pick comes up. Something's up with him, and that scares me a little. If he has a medical issue, the last thing we need is another injured offensive lineman. Give me whatever offensive lineman started every game in his entire college career. I'd feel much better about that.

(04-26-2019, 08:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Jawaan Taylor would be a steal in the 2nd if there isn't any red flags
Yea. Except there are a lot of red flags.

Cody Ford in round 2 is ideal.

Here is another

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/04/2019-nf...-available

(04-26-2019, 08:49 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 08:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Jawaan Taylor would be a steal in the 2nd if there isn't any red flags
Yea. Except there are a lot of red flags.

Cody Ford in round 2 is ideal.

Yes.  The best ability is availability.  I don't want yet another injured offensive lineman.  

Now, if the Jags draft him, I'm going to assume they have cleared him medically.  But otherwise, I hope someone drafts him before our pick comes up, so I don't have to worry about it.

Anything can happen to anyone of course but with Cam coming back from ACL I don't want the other OT to have medical red flags. Ford or Risner for me and I'm happy with our 2nd round selection. (There are safeties there that I really like too but at this point gotta help protect Foles)