Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Day 2

Who's your day 2 guy? Who would you like to see the jags get on day 2? Who is it that if we dont draft him, will make angry with the team?

IMO, we have to get get Hakeem Butler.

Your thoughts?
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Risner, Ford or Little. If we get too deep, maybe Taylor.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(04-26-2019, 08:32 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Risner, Ford or Little. If we get too deep, maybe Taylor.

Yes.  I'm actually kind of hoping that, starting with us, there is a huge run on offensive linemen that exhausts itself right before Houston's two 2nd round picks.

I want them to suck mightily.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Would yall be upset if we went back to defense in round 2 and got a guy like Nassir Adderley? And go RT and TE in the 3rd

(04-26-2019, 08:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Would yall be upset if we went back to defense in round 2 and got a guy like Nassir Adderley?  And go RT and TE in the 3rd

Concerned would be a better descriptor.

PFTs round 2 mock had us going Jaylon Ferguson in the 2nd.

Pass rush for DAYS with that pick, but to the detriment of every other area of the team.

A Ferguson pick on top of Allen in the first would signal to me definitely Smoot and likely Ngakoue would not be long for this team.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I'd love Risner, DK, Taylor, or Gardner-Johnson in the second. Sternberger and Hartman in the third, or trade back to the second to grab Butler. So many options out there. I'm still in shock we grabbed Josh Allen yesterday! What a steal!

(04-26-2019, 08:17 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: Who's your day 2 guy? Who would you like to see the jags get on day 2? Who is it that if we dont draft him, will make angry with the team?

Your thoughts?

Three way tie for me. I would be happy with either Cody Ford, D.K Metcalf or A.J Brown with that 38th overall pick.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We have to get Metcalf. I can’t even believe he is still there.

(04-26-2019, 09:32 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We have to get Metcalf. I can’t even believe he is still there.

Yeah, if we get Metcalf we can cut Lee next year which would save help on the Cap and we also get Foles a true number 1.  I can see him going before we pick though

Ferguson would be overkill...and we better keep Yannick.

There are a ton of guys that are there that could make big impacts and I wouldn't be upset with. While really preferring we go OL none of these would make me upset in the 2nd round.

OL:
FORD
RISNER
TAYLOR

WR:
BROWN
METCALF

S:
ADDERLEY
Gardner-Johnson

(04-26-2019, 09:52 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Ferguson would be overkill...and we better keep Yannick.

There are a ton of guys that are there that could make big impacts and I wouldn't be upset with.  While really preferring we go OL none of these would make me upset in the 2nd round.

OL:
FORD
RISNER
TAYLOR

WR:
BROWN
METCALF

S:
ADDERLEY
Gardner-Johnson
Great minds think alike lol.  All of those are the guys I would like in the 2nd

Add Butler, Boykin, Deebo, McCoy, and Jenkins and take off Taylor and that's my list too.

Can't we just have one of each ?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(04-26-2019, 08:17 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: Who's your day 2 guy? Who would you like to see the jags get on day 2? Who is it that if we dont draft him, will make angry with the team?

Your thoughts?

Yes, Butler is like Allen Robinson meets DeAndre Hopkins. Even if he's a poor man's Hopkins, it's totally worth it because we don't have the jump ball down field threat on our team. Chark could be that, but I want to double down there to be safe because it's an important part of any offense. I'd hate to pass on Ford or Risner, but you can't address every need in a draft. Butler would be more of the blue chip guy at #6. Ford/Riser is more of the blue-collar guy.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 12:12 PM by knarnn.)

In no particular order but I fully expect almost everyone on this list to be gone before our second 3rd round pick:

Irv Smith
Dawson Knox
Cody Ford
Chauncey Gardner Johnson
Nasir Adderley
Deionte Thompson - to pair with Harrison
Dalton Risner
Jawaan Taylor - maybe
DK Metcalf - maybe
Darwin Thompson - May be a target with our final 3rd round pick
Miles Sanders
Debo Samuels
Greg Little
Nate Davis
JJ A. Whiteside
Jace Sternberger

Lots of talent available. Day 2 is where GM’s are going to make their money.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-26-2019, 10:05 AM)Jawaan Taylor could he be there in the second round?  stranger things have happend. Wrote:

Your thoughts?

Yes, Butler is like Allen Robinson meets DeAndre Hopkins. Even if he's a poor man's Hopkins, it's totally worth it because we don't have the jump ball down field threat on our team. Chark could be that, but I want to double down there to be safe because it's an important part of any offense. I'd hate to pass on Ford or Risner, but you can't address every need in a draft. Butler would be more of the blue chip guy at #6. Ford/Riser is more of the blue-collar guy.

My day 2 dream would be Ford/Risner at 38, then McLaurin with the first third. second third is Grier or a TE.

Irv Smith Jr. I think he's every bit as good as Hockensen and Fant. If he's there that's a plug and play starter at a position of need.

If he's gone. Jawaan Taylor, Cody Ford, Dalton Risner, Greg Little etc. There are PLENTY of good Oline guys, barring a run at the position we'll either come away with Irv Smith or an Olineman; take that to the Bank!

Although Greedy Williams, Byron Murphy, or AJ Brown might be a surprise pick there depending on the way the picks in front of us fall... we're guaranteed to get a VERY good player and needless to say i'm pumped! This looks like a LOADED draft!
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

No thanks to Irv.

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1115792077600768001

They will probably take guys in positions we are already good at and then say "just cant pass up that value" then our offense will continue to be toward the bottom. Front office should start packing their bags for when we miss the playoffs next year.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA