Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Day 2

AJ Brown - WR - Miss.

If he's gone, go with Irv Smith Jr (TE) and grab a WR in Round 3.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-26-2019, 10:56 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: AJ Brown - WR - Miss.

If he's gone, go with Irv Smith Jr (TE) and grab a WR in Round 3.

AJ probably doesn’t get past the 9ers.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Irv Smith Jr. I think he's every bit as good as Hockensen and Fant. If he's there that's a plug and play starter at a position of need.

If he's gone. Jawaan Taylor, Cody Ford, Dalton Risner, Greg Little etc. There are PLENTY of good Oline guys, barring a run at the position we'll either come away with Irv Smith or an Olineman; take that to the Bank!

Although Greedy Williams, Byron Murphy, or AJ Brown might be a surprise pick there depending on the way the picks in front of us fall... we're guaranteed to get a VERY good player and needless to say i'm pumped! This looks like a LOADED draft!
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

I'll be ecstatic with 1 of Dalton Risner, Cody Ford, or Jawaan Taylor. Can't go wrong between those 3. I'm okay passing on Irv because I like Knox and Sternberger almost as much. DK is tempting but it's just a crowded WR room between a rookie, Chark, Dede, and Lee. I also think a really good WR will be available on Saturday too

(04-26-2019, 11:37 AM)Firesky Wrote: Irv Smith Jr. I think he's every bit as good as Hockensen and Fant. If he's there that's a plug and play starter at a position of need.

If he's gone. Jawaan Taylor, Cody Ford, Dalton Risner, Greg Little etc. There are PLENTY of good Oline guys, barring a run at the position we'll either come away with Irv Smith or an Olineman; take that to the Bank!

Although Greedy Williams, Byron Murphy, or AJ Brown might be a surprise pick there depending on the way the picks in front of us fall... we're guaranteed to get a VERY good player and needless to say i'm pumped! This looks like a LOADED draft!

I have Knox slightly higher but I would be fine if Smith was the pick. If they decide to go another route I would be ok with Sternberger later in the 3rd or even some day 3 prospects like Foster Moreau.

There is still a bunch of defensive talent on the board that may be hard to pass up though.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-26-2019, 11:48 AM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 11:37 AM)Firesky Wrote: Irv Smith Jr. I think he's every bit as good as Hockensen and Fant. If he's there that's a plug and play starter at a position of need.

I have Knox slightly higher but I would be fine if Smith was the pick. If they decide to go another route I would be ok with Sternberger later in the 3rd or even some day 3 prospects like Foster Moreau.

There is still a bunch of defensive talent on the board that may be hard to pass up though.

To each their own. Knox scares me. Yea he fits "the mold" physically as he's 2 inches taller and has 10-15 pounds on Irv Smith. But His best year was 300 yards .... and he NEVER scored a collegiate Touchdown ... that's just odd to me; like that shouldn't happen if you're being discussed as a 2nd round pick yk
Championship Formula:

4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Irv Smith Jr. I think he's every bit as good as Hockensen and Fant. If he's there that's a plug and play starter at a position of need.

Championship Formula:

4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

What is this fascination with a 6'2" 240-lb tight end that runs a 4.8?

I could see an offensive lineman in the second round. I could see D.K. Metcalf. If one of the projected first-round corners falls down the board and the Jaguars think he can be converted to safety, I could see that happening. In the third round, I'd love to see another OL and a tight end or wide receiver.

(04-26-2019, 12:41 PM)TJBender Wrote: What is this fascination with a 6'2" 240-lb tight end that runs a 4.8?

Or a subpar 3 cone and broad jump? He's very small, not explosive, not agile, and doesn't have good long speed. Other than going to Alabama why would anyone care about him at all?

(04-26-2019, 12:41 PM)TJBender Wrote: What is this fascination with a 6'2" 240-lb tight end that runs a 4.8?

I could see an offensive lineman in the second round. I could see D.K. Metcalf. If one of the projected first-round corners falls down the board and the Jaguars think he can be converted to safety, I could see that happening. In the third round, I'd love to see another OL and a tight end or wide receiver.

Who runs a 4.8?

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 12:57 PM by knarnn.)

(04-26-2019, 12:45 PM)Upper Wrote:

Or a subpar 3 cone and broad jump? He's very small, not explosive, not agile, and doesn't have good long speed. Other than going to Alabama why would anyone care about him at all?

Solid production playing in an offense that doesn’t typically feature TE’s. He’s a Trey Burton clone who I think would do well here. He doesn’t have the be the 2nd coming of Tony Gonzalez to be considered a reliable go-to chain mover and safety blanket for Nick Foles.

(04-26-2019, 12:45 PM)Upper Wrote:

He definitely has good long speed

(04-26-2019, 12:56 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 12:45 PM)Upper Wrote: Or a subpar 3 cone and broad jump? He's very small, not explosive, not agile, and doesn't have good long speed. Other than going to Alabama why would anyone care about him at all?

Solid production playing in an offense that doesn’t typically feature TE’s. He’s a Trey Burton clone who I think would do well here. He doesn’t have the be the 2nd coming of Tony Gonzalez to be considered a reliable go-to chain mover and safety blanket for Nick Foles.
I think the point is that you can get a TE who is similar or slightly worse in the 3rd round this year. Use this 2nd rounder to bolster the Oline with Risner or (my guy) Ford.

Agreed. Would rather see Ford at OT, Metcalf or Brown at WR with that 38th overall pick tonight over a TE that early. I would rather wait until RD3 and see if they can get either Caleb Wilson at TE from UCLA or Josh Oliver at TE from San Jose State. Those guys are more involved in the passing game. They can move downfield. If they want a more balanced guy they could look at Foster Moreau out of LSU or Blanton out of Missouri and those guys will probably be available early Saturday in RD4 - RD7. 

I don't think TE is that high on their priority list this year. If it was they would have taken Hockenson or engineered a trade up last night to snatch Fant.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I’d be ok with:

2-Risner
3(1)-Thornhill
3(2)-Sternberger/Moreau/a WR who drops from rd 2.

But really, so much talent left, just keep goin BAP, and see where the value presents itself. Fortunately the deep positions over the next 3 rounds match up with our needs well.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 01:34 PM by Firesky.)

(04-26-2019, 12:47 PM)knarnn Wrote:

Who runs a 4.8?

I think they're saying Irv Smith Jr.? But it's just a patently false statement lmfao. He ran a 4.63 actually; they're also saying that he's not done growing. he's probably gonna add another inch or two and definitely 10-20 pounds of muscle mass.

Irv also comes from a football family with a good pedigree. His dad was a 1st round pick by the Saints back in 1993 (at TE as well) his Uncle was a highly drafted Defensive linemen, and iirc there are more family members in the nfl than just those. It's like Clay Matthews, coming out of college it was like "does he deserve to be drafted that high, seems a little tweenerish, production isnt what i like etc." but no one questions it in hindsight because he PRODUCED and I think Irv smith Jr. would be dynamic for us and Foles would turn him into a probowl TE.

Also OJ Howard has BEASTED out after being drafted. He never made much noise outside the 2 National Championship games bc Alabama underutilizes the TE in their scheme, i think Irv will be a significantly better pro than he was in college which was still very good.
Championship Formula:

4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(04-26-2019, 01:32 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 12:47 PM)knarnn Wrote: Who runs a 4.8?

I think they're saying Irv Smith Jr.? But it's just a patently false statement lmfao. He ran a 4.63 actually; they're also saying that he's not done growing. he's probably gonna add another inch or two and definitely 10-20 pounds of muscle mass.

Irv also comes from a football family with a good pedigree. His dad was a 1st round pick by the Saints back in 1993 (at TE as well) his Uncle was a highly drafted Defensive linemen, and iirc there are more family members in the nfl than just those. It's like Clay Matthews, coming out of college it was like "does he deserve to be drafted that high, seems a little tweenerish, production isnt what i like etc." but no one questions it in hindsight because he PRODUCED and I think Irv smith Jr. would be dynamic for us and Foles would turn him into a probowl TE.

Also OJ Howard has BEASTED out after being drafted. He never made much noise outside the 2 National Championship games bc Alabama underutilizes the TE in their scheme, i think Irv will be a significantly better pro than he was in college which was still very good.

Irv Smith isn't turning into a 6'4 260 lb TE, relax

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 02:14 PM by JaguarJosh05.)

We need to get a target for Foles. If Brown or Metcalf are still there we could actually have a true #1 receiver. A banged up Marqise Lee isn't that.
No pain, no gain.

Please no Metcalf
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(04-26-2019, 01:44 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 01:32 PM)Firesky Wrote: I think they're saying Irv Smith Jr.? But it's just a patently false statement lmfao. He ran a 4.63 actually; they're also saying that he's not done growing. he's probably gonna add another inch or two and definitely 10-20 pounds of muscle mass.

Irv Smith isn't turning into a 6'4 260 lb TE, relax

Agreed that im definitely overselling it lol, that said: You don't think he's going to add ANY weight?!?! He's 242 lbs. right now, most prospects add weight in their first few years in the league. Maybe not the 6'4" part, but he's already 6'2" and change so i could see 6'3" happening. I think it's pretty likely he'll end up in the 250's range weight wise at the least.
Championship Formula:

4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!