Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Random thoughts after day 1

I think Washington finessed the first round. However what was Mayock thinking with the Raiders picks. 

Jaguars walk away with a guy that thought wouldn’t be there. Kid had 17 sacks and 31 over 3 years. That’s production right there. Yeah we could have got Hock but you take Allen over a TE any day.

Jones to NY will turn out to be a solid pick if he sits a year and learns.

McGary the tackle from Washington imo is the best offensive lineman in the draft. Atlanta got a good value pick there too.

New England picked another dud WR but he will probably catch 50 balls with 5 yards of the line of scrimmage and turn out decent.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Our top 5 bigboard imo after last night

1. Bosa
2. Williams
3. Allen
4. Hockenson
5. Oliver

Allen could of possibly been at 2. Dave said Hockenson was 1 spot under Allen

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 10:08 AM by BlueEyedJag.)

(04-26-2019, 09:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Our top 5 bigboard imo after last night

1. Bosa
2. Williams
3. Allen
4. Hockenson
5. Oliver

Allen could of possibly been at 2.  Dave said Hockenson was 1 spot under Allen

Dave said he was one "level"

Makes me think it was
ELITE:
Bosa
Williams
Allen

GOOD:
Hockenson
J.Williams

If it was just 1 spot I would think common sense would say grab the TE to fill the need.

Can't understand how any Jaguars fans could be unhappy after getting Josh Allen; he was the obvious pick.

If I were a Giants fan, I'd have already jumped off the Buckman Bridge. Terrible 1st pick!

Very curious if Cody Ford or Irv Smith is higher on their board. I predict one of these will be a Jaguar around 7:30 pm. tonight. Either pick would be fantastic.

Best day 2 scenerio for me is Cody Ford, Jace Sternberger and David Montgomery.

What happened to Jawaan Taylor ? If his injury concerns aren't severe, he could be a 2nd round steal.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 10:26 AM by Cleatwood.)

(04-26-2019, 09:50 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I think Washington finessed the first round. However what was Mayock thinking with the Raiders picks. 

Jaguars walk away with a guy that thought wouldn’t be there. Kid had 17 sacks and 31 over 3 years. That’s production right there. Yeah we could have got Hock but you take Allen over a TE any day.

McGary the tackle from Washington imo is the best offensive lineman in the draft. Atlanta got a good value pick there too.

New England picked another dud WR but he will probably catch 50 balls with 5 yards of the line of scrimmage and turn out decent.
Based on what?

He got absolutely shelled against ranked teams during his tenure at Duke. He's a 59% career passer in COLLEGE which is terrible. NY had a really bad draft last night from a talent and value point.

Jags had to take Allen because he's an elite prospect at a top 3 position in football. Yan and Allen of the edge could be Mathis and Freeney. Really hope the Jags continue nailing the picks with their 2nd and 2 3rd rounders.

(04-26-2019, 10:14 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: Can't understand how any Jaguars fans could be unhappy after getting Josh Allen; he was the obvious pick.

If I were a Giants fan, I'd have already jumped off the Buckman Bridge. Terrible 1st pick!

Very curious if Cody Ford or Irv Smith is higher on their board. I predict one of these will be a Jaguar around 7:30 pm. tonight. Either pick would be fantastic.

Best day 2 scenerio for me is Cody Ford,  Jace Sternberger and David Montgomery.

What happened to Jawaan Taylor ? If his injury concerns aren't severe, he could be a 2nd round steal.
GIMME GIMME GIMME.

I would switch out Knox for Jace but I love your mindset.

My first thought is that it really couldn't have gone much better last night...

- Jags get a top 3 player in the draft at a premium position
- Texans, Colts and Titans all fail to improve immediately (key word immediately)
- Taylor, Ford and Risner are all still sitting on the board, with one of them almost sure to be available for the jags.

Happy days!

(04-26-2019, 10:24 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 09:50 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I think Washington finessed the first round. However what was Mayock thinking with the Raiders picks. 

Based on what?

He got absolutely shelled against ranked teams during his tenure at Duke. He's a 59% career passer in COLLEGE which is terrible. NY had a really bad draft last night from a talent and value point.

Jags had to take Allen because he's an elite prospect at a top 3 position in football. Yan and Allen of the edge could be Mathis and Freeney. Really hope the Jags continue nailing the picks with their 2nd and 2 3rd rounders.

(04-26-2019, 10:14 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: Can't understand how any Jaguars fans could be unhappy after getting Josh Allen; he was the obvious pick.

Best day 2 scenerio for me is Cody Ford,  Jace Sternberger and David Montgomery.

GIMME GIMME GIMME.

I would switch out Knox for Jace but I love your mindset.
I'd be great with Knox, also.

Jags got the premier pass rusher. Excellent pick. It was such a great (and lucky) steal that it kills the post draft arguments.

I agree with your first two. Mayock appears to be Matt Millen 2.0.

I think the Giants made a huge mistake drafting Jones, at least that high, and I didn't think their other decisions were very good either.

We'll see who is the best OL. It seems like a die roll would do as well.

The Ravens should have picked Harry. M. Brown doesn't fit their offense. Jackson has a poor deep ball and needs a guy who can just take the ball from the CB.

Philly made a great trade to jump ahead of the Texans. OTOH I thought the Steelers reached on trading up for an inside LB.

Arizona didn't have a contract in place before they drafted a guy who could change his mind and play baseball? Crazy!

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(04-26-2019, 10:45 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:

Jags got the premier pass rusher. Excellent pick. It was such a great (and lucky) steal that it kills the post draft arguments.

I think the Giants made a huge mistake drafting Jones, at least that high, and I didn't think their other decisions were very good either.

The Ravens should have picked Harry. M. Brown doesn't fit their offense. Jackson has a poor deep ball and needs a guy who can just take the ball from the CB.

Philly made a great trade to jump ahead of the Texans. OTOH I thought the Steelers reached on trading up for an inside LB.

Arizona didn't have a contract in place before they drafted a guy who could change his mind and play baseball? Crazy!
He's not playing baseball lol

His guaranteed money is higher with football and he's already a star which every athlete wants. He doesn't want to be riding around on a bus playing AA baseball hahaha

(04-26-2019, 10:49 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 10:45 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: Jags got the premier pass rusher. Excellent pick. It was such a great (and lucky) steal that it kills the post draft arguments.

He's not playing baseball lol

His guaranteed money is higher with football and he's already a star which every athlete wants. He doesn't want to be riding around on a bus playing AA baseball hahaha

Money isn't everything. One doesn't get his back broken by 300 lb. guys playing baseball.

Even if he never plays baseball, he can hold that over the Cards. Imagine a "start me (draft a WR, ...) or I go play baseball" demand.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I go back and forth on the Daniel Jones pick for the NY Giants. At the end of the day, the NFL has turned into a QB league. It's really the only position that matters anymore. And if you find a guy you like, take him. If he ends up a bust, he would be so at pick 17 just like he would at 6. What's the difference? The money? Who cares, CAP issues are rare and it's basically like monopoly money for these owners.

The comp% is a concern but he did seem to have an unusual amount of dropped passes. Read somewhere his WRs dropped 40 balls this year.

(04-26-2019, 11:03 AM)rfc17 Wrote: I go back and forth on the Daniel Jones pick for the NY Giants.  At the end of the day, the NFL has turned into a QB league.  It's really the only position that matters anymore.  And if you find a guy you like, take him.  If he ends up a bust, he would be so at pick 17 just like he would at 6.  What's the difference?  The money?  Who cares, CAP issues are rare and it's basically like monopoly money for these owners.  

The comp% is a concern but he did seem to have an unusual amount of dropped passes.  Read somewhere his WRs dropped 40 balls this year.

I agree. The pick is going to be judged more so does he have a better career than Haskins, not whether he got picked in the right spot.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-26-2019, 05:18 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 11:03 AM)rfc17 Wrote: I go back and forth on the Daniel Jones pick for the NY Giants.  At the end of the day, the NFL has turned into a QB league.  It's really the only position that matters anymore.  And if you find a guy you like, take him.  If he ends up a bust, he would be so at pick 17 just like he would at 6.  What's the difference?  The money?  Who cares, CAP issues are rare and it's basically like monopoly money for these owners.  

The comp% is a concern but he did seem to have an unusual amount of dropped passes.  Read somewhere his WRs dropped 40 balls this year.

I agree. The pick is going to be judged more so does he have a better career than Haskins, not whether he got picked in the right spot.

Of course any pick can only be judged over time, but I'd be willing to bet that Jones is a bust.

(04-26-2019, 10:45 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:

The premier pass rusher?

You think Allen is better than Bosa?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I think Allen has more god given talent than Bosa. But I think Bosa will have a solid career.

Based on what? I’m not an expert but I tend to have a decent feel for a QB, I also have coached and played the position.

I feel like he has a non-wasted motion, he throws with nice touch and has different levels that he can arc it. He throws with confidence, he has decent size, and seems intelligent, he also spent a lot of time and Manning’s camp for what that’s worth, he can also play under center and run a pro style offense with his footwork.

He doesn’t have a strong arm but I argued his with Watson when everybody was saying he lacks velocity.

Just my opinion and nothing more, in short. To answer your question.

(04-26-2019, 07:41 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I think Allen has more god given talent than Bosa. But I think Bosa will have a solid career.

Based on what? I’m not an expert but I tend to have a decent feel for a QB, I also have coached and played the position.

I feel like he has a non-wasted motion, he throws with nice touch and has different levels that he can arc it. He throws with confidence, he has decent size, and seems intelligent, he also spent a lot of time and Manning’s camp for what that’s worth, he can also play under center and run a pro style offense with his footwork.

He doesn’t have a strong arm but I argued his with Watson when everybody was saying he lacks velocity.

Just my opinion and nothing more, in short. To answer your question.

I don't assert you guys are wrong.  But that's the first I've heard anyone go against the consensus that Bosa is the best pass rusher.

I hope like hell you guys are right.  We need dominant playmaking game changers all over, including on defense.

He seems to fit the bill.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-26-2019, 05:18 PM)Dimson Wrote:

Completely disagree. When anyone criticizes Alualu, is it because of other DL in that class, or where we picked him?

DJones has an albatross around his neck with that high pick. Not to mention, if anyone between 6 and 17 has a stellar career, armchair GMs will forever refer to the missed opportunity to pick the other guy.

Really like Shannon’s view on this, makes me feel even better about the pick. Skip to 0:20 for it, it’s the first point he makes.

https://youtu.be/n1n2lJTu6UA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Random thought of the day: I need something new to fill my need for an obsession now the draft has finished.

(04-29-2019, 11:15 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 05:18 PM)Dimson Wrote: I agree. The pick is going to be judged more so does he have a better career than Haskins, not whether he got picked in the right spot.

Completely disagree. When anyone criticizes Alualu, is it because of other DL in that class, or where we picked him?

DJones has an albatross around his neck with that high pick. Not to mention, if anyone between 6 and 17 has a stellar career, armchair GMs will forever refer to the missed opportunity to pick the other guy.
Alualu should be judged on the players taken after him.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]