Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Disappointed with Allen over Hockenson?

(02-01-2020, 03:00 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-01-2020, 02:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You wouldnt be kicking yourself if Hockenson becomes one of the leagues top TEs and I think he will.  It would also be huge for Minshew.  So you would take Juedy or Lamb at 9 but not an top TE talent?

I agree.  I would trade the 9th pick for Hockenson.  That's an easy decision.  A top 10 pick who has had a year in the league is worth a lot more than a top 10 pick who hasn't had time in the league.  It takes all the bust risk out of the equation.   Of course, this is why Detroit would never make that trade in a million years.  They would never trade a proven top 10 pick for an unproven top 10 pick.
Stafford doesn't know how to use his TE as it proved when Ebron left he had a career year.  Also the ankle injury. I think if there is a defender there they love they would they would.  I think Jeudy would be better for Stafford than TJ but TJ would be better for us as Minshew likes using the TE

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-01-2020, 02:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-01-2020, 02:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I’m just not willing to give away #9. I would give #20 away but not 9.

You all would be kicking yourselves if Okudah or Brown or Simmons falls to 9 but you’ve already traded your pick.

You wouldnt be kicking yourself if Hockenson becomes one of the leagues top TEs and I think he will.  It would also be huge for Minshew.  So you would take Juedy or Lamb at 9 but not an top TE talent?
Honestly, TEs are turning into RBs when it comes to draft value. You can find really good ones in the 3rd and 4th round. I don’t think any TE warrants a top 10 pick.

I’m not giving up a top 10 pick for Hockenson.

Brown, Kinlaw Or Okudah would be great at pick 9. Then (if you wanted to) trade pick 20 for Hock.

Hockenson was ultimately a bit underwhelming in his first season after a fast start. The injuries obviously didn't help.

I loved Hockenson last year and still feel he can be an elite player, but he still has a long way to go. It's not like you're trading for a proven quality player.

I wouldn't trade 9 for him. There are some great players at premium positions we can select at 9.

Pick 20 would be a difficult decision too.

HELL NO I'm not disappointed.

In fact, we got incredibly lucky where Allen dropped to us.

I'll take Josh Allen all day over TJ.

(02-02-2020, 03:31 PM)enigma Wrote: HELL NO I'm not disappointed.

This thread was started before last season started. I dont think anyone is disappointed now after the season Allen had.  The question is would you trade this years 9th pick for Hockenson?

(02-02-2020, 03:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 03:31 PM)enigma Wrote: HELL NO I'm not disappointed.

This thread was started before last season started. I dont think anyone is disappointed now after the season Allen had.  The question is would you trade this years 9th pick for Hockenson?

Oh, didn't even look at the date.

My answer would still be a resounding HELL NO.

We really have to address some of the major needs on this football team and at pick #9, TE is not high enough on the value in my opinion based on some of the prospects who would be available at that pick and could address the o-line, d-line, LB, safety spot(s).

The #20 on the other hand, I would definitely consider it - but #9, that's a no for me.

(01-31-2020, 06:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Would yall trade this years pick at 9 to Det. for Hockenson?  He went on IR last year do to a ankle injury but you could see the talent was there.  I wonder if Det would do it if we offered the 9th pick.  I think I would do it

....only if they threw in pick 1-3 with him.

Yes i would make that trade and especially if brown and okudah were gone. If he was good enough for 7 last year he is good enough for 9 this year.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2020, 01:41 AM by enigma.)

(02-04-2020, 12:28 AM)surfon Wrote: Yes i would make that trade and especially if brown and okudah were gone.  If he was good enough for 7 last year he is good enough for 9 this year.

But what you have to take into account is if he is better than the potential prospects who would be available to us and what positional void they fill.

I'd take Isaiah Simmons, Tristan Wirfs, Andrew Thomas, Javon Kinlaw, and Jerry Jeudy at #9 over Hockenson - but thats just my opinion.

I'd consider it if my top tier of Brown, Simmons, Okudah, and Wills Jr were gone. Hockenson is in the same tier as Wirfs, Kinlaw, and Jeudy/Lamb to me so getting a player with a years experience and development at a giant position of need would be tempting.

(01-31-2020, 06:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Would yall trade this years pick at 9 to Det. for Hockenson?  He went on IR last year do to a ankle injury but you could see the talent was there.  I wonder if Det would do it if we offered the 9th pick.  I think I would do it

Not a [BLEEP] chance. Not. A. [BLEEP]. Chance.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2020, 02:22 PM by B2hibry.)

As this offseason plays out with Yannick, the taking of Allen is looking better and better.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Just lol at anyone who is willing to give #9 for Hockenson

(02-05-2020, 01:35 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Just lol at anyone who is willing to give #9 for Hockenson

You dont want a top TE?

(02-05-2020, 06:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 01:35 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Just lol at anyone who is willing to give #9 for Hockenson

You dont want a top TE?

How in the world can you say he is a 'top TE'?  He has exactly one year under his belt and he was injured for a good deal of it.  32 receptions for 391 yards and somehow he's deemed a top TE already?  LOL
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2020, 12:45 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-06-2020, 08:17 AM)Rico Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 06:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You dont want a top TE?

How in the world can you say he is a 'top TE'?  He has exactly one year under his belt and he was injured for a good deal of it.  32 receptions for 391 yards and somehow he's deemed a top TE already?  LOL

I know reading comprehension has always been tough for you.  Where did I say he is a top TE right now?  I asked him if he wanted a top TE and he definitely flashed as to why he was a top 10 pick with his record setting debut and some great blocking  The most yards by a TE debut in 60 years.  The ankle injury was a little set back but far from a career threatening injury, lmao.  On top of that Stafford doesn't know how to use his TE as Ebron had a career year as soon as he left Det.  If you didnt like him coming out or think he was a great TE prospect for whatever reason its ok. But for the ones that did, his rookie year shouldn't of changed anything by the way you felt about him as a player or what you felt he can do in this league.  What TEs were top TEs in their rookie year?

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2020, 01:45 PM by RicoTx.)

(02-06-2020, 12:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 08:17 AM)Rico Wrote: How in the world can you say he is a 'top TE'?  He has exactly one year under his belt and he was injured for a good deal of it.  32 receptions for 391 yards and somehow he's deemed a top TE already?  LOL

I know reading comprehension has always been tough for you.  Where did I say he is a top TE right now?  I asked him if he wanted a top TE and he definitely flashed as to why he was a top 10 pick with his record setting debut and some great blocking  The most yards by a TE debut in 60 years.  The ankle injury was a little set back but far from a career threatening injury, lmao.  On top of that Stafford doesn't know how to use his TE as Ebron had a career year as soon as he left Det.  If you didnt like him coming out or think he was a great TE prospect for whatever reason its ok. But for the ones that did, his rookie year shouldn't of changed anything by the way you felt about him as a player or what you felt he can do in this league.  What TEs were top TEs in their rookie year?

'Reading comprehension'....LOL  

I knew I wouldn't have to look far.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2020, 01:58 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-06-2020, 01:44 PM)Rico Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 12:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I know reading comprehension has always been tough for you.  Where did I say he is a top TE right now?  I asked him if he wanted a top TE and he definitely flashed as to why he was a top 10 pick with his record setting debut and some great blocking  The most yards by a TE debut in 60 years.  The ankle injury was a little set back but far from a career threatening injury, lmao.  On top of that Stafford doesn't know how to use his TE as Ebron had a career year as soon as he left Det.  If you didnt like him coming out or think he was a great TE prospect for whatever reason its ok. But for the ones that did, his rookie year shouldn't of changed anything by the way you felt about him as a player or what you felt he can do in this league.  What TEs were top TEs in their rookie year?

'Reading comprehension'....LOL  

You want a have there?

(02-06-2020, 01:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 01:44 PM)Rico Wrote: 'Reading comprehension'....LOL  

You want a have there?

Why start now?

(02-06-2020, 01:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 01:44 PM)Rico Wrote: 'Reading comprehension'....LOL